Chapter 6

Pretend

"How was the movie?" Tiffany asked as she and Taeyeon walked out of the cinema.

"It was nice."

Tiffany laughed. "You were sleeping."

"When I wasn't sleeping, it was nice." Taeyeon applauded herself in her mind for her sudden ability to lie easily.

Tiffany also seemed to accept the answer as she said nothing else.

"What do you want to do now?"

"Are you hungry? Can we eat now?"

Although Taeyeon was not the least bit hungry, she still went along with Tiffany.

"Whipped." Taeyeon shook off Sooyoung's teasing voice in her head.

"Are you okay?" Tiffany looked at her with concern.

"Huh? I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Tiffany knew there was something obviously wrong with Taeyeon but she just brushed it off. "Are you okay with Japanese food?"

Taeyeon nodded. "This actually isn't that bad. We are behaving like how we usually do. I just hope that Choi Siwon doesn't become more ridiculous or I might really get hurt..."

 

"Please tell me that they are going to eat. I'm about to die from hunger."

Sunny shook her head. "You are becoming as bad as that Choi Sooyoung."

"They're going to a Japanese restaurant!" Yoona picked up her pace.

Sunny chased after her. "Don't walk so fast and so near to them. They'll see us."

Yoona ignored her and Sunny grabbed Yoona with all her strength and stopped her from moving.

"Unnie!" Sunny widened her eyes before covering Yoona's mouth with her hand and mouthed "Shut up!"

Yoona huffed in annoyance before Sunny finally removed her hand.

"Let's go now." Sunny tried to avoid Yoona who was glaring at her.

The two entered the restaurant as stealthily as they could but Tiffany somehow managed to spot them.

"What are you two doing here? Are you two on a date?" Tiffany teased.

Taeyeon widened her eyes when she saw Sunny and Yoona.

"No! We're most definitely not on a date," Yoona said somewhat desperately as she looked at Taeyeon as if pleading Taeyeon to believe her.

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked quizzically at Yoona, surprised by her defensiveness while something dawned on Sunny. "Yoona-ah, you like Taeyeon? I must get to the bottom of this."

"Can we join you two? It can be something like a double date." Sunny looked hopefully at Tiffany.

Yoona gave Sunny a look as if asking "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Sure."

Sunny sat down beside Tiffany, forcing Yoona to sit next to Taeyeon.

"What can I get for you ladies?"

After all the other girls had ordered, the waiter looked at Yoona, waiting for her order.

"Just get me a glass of iced water."

After the waiter left, Sunny asked "You were complaining about how hungry you were just now and now all you want is water?"

Yoona shrugged but she was thinking "I don't even feel like eating anymore. Taeyeon unnie probably thinks that there is something between me and Sunny unnie. I don't want her to know that I like her but I also don't want her to think that I like anyone else."

"So what are you two doing here?" Tiffany asked, breaking the silence.

"I needed Yoona's help in buying something."

Yoona nodded her head wildly in agreement.

Taeyeon chuckled at Yoona's silliness, which made Yoona's face turn slightly red, which would have been unnoticeable unless you were staring at Yoona the way Sunny was.

"So you really do like Taeyeon? How did you manage to hide it from us for so long?" Sunny's thoughts were cut off when the food arrived.

Taeyeon turned to face Yoona. "Are you really not going to eat? I can share some of my food with you."

"Really? Thank you, unnie."

Tiffany shuffled uncomfortably in her seat, seeing the interaction between Taeyeon and Yoona.

"This is really bad. Taeyeon likes Tiffany and Tiffany also likes Taeyeon unknowingly but after the whole Siwon thing, it is probably not going to work out between them. And now, Yoona likes Taeyeon. Things are so screwed up."

 

"So how are things between you and Taeyeon?"

"We went out yesterday." Tiffany showed Siwon the pictures she took with Taeyeon the day before.

"You two are still behaving like friends?"

Tiffany nodded.

"You two are a couple now. Do what couples do. I'm looking forward to seeing it."