Chapter 12

Pretend

Taeyeon opened her eyes to see Yoona grabbing Siwon's collar with one hand and pushing him against the wall while her other hand was punching his face.

Taeyeon could hear Yoona screaming at Siwon but her mind was in too much of a mess that she could not process Yoona's words.

Taeyeon saw Siwon running away and she immediately felt someone by her side. She backed away in fear to see Yoona giving a pained look. "It's me, unnie. It's Yoona. I won't hurt you." Taeyeon could hear Yoona choking back her tears.

Taeyeon was in a disoriented state and she slid down the wall to land on the floor. Taeyeon started crying again, she could still feel Siwon's hands and lips all over her. She felt so disgusted thinking about it.

Yoona slowly and carefully approached Taeyeon, she gently hugged Taeyeon as though she was afraid that Taeyeon would break if she held her too tightly.

Yoona could feel Taeyeon shivering at the contact initially but Taeyeon soon started to reciprocate the hug. Taeyeon grabbed Yoona's hoodie tightly in her fists and her tears flowed down her face. Yoona's hoodie was getting wet but she did not give a damn.

Yoona could literally feel and hear her heart breaking in her chest. It was already the second time in two days that she had seen Taeyeon so vulnerable, so helpless. "And it's all because of Tiffany unnie and that Choi Siwon."

Yoona pulled away slightly to see Taeyeon's tear-stained face and red, swollen eyes. "It's okay now, unnie. That Choi Siwon can't hurt you anymore. I won't ever let him hurt you again."

Yoona wiped away Taeyeon's tears with her thumb while whispering comforting words. Yoona caught sight of her bleeding hands but it did not matter to her. Taeyeon was more important to her at the moment.

Yoona looked down to see Taeyeon's half-ed shirt. She reached out and sent a silent question to Taeyeon who nodded her head.

Yoona slowly buttoned up Taeyeon's shirt. When she reached the top button, she caught sight of Taeyeon's red, bruised neck and she could feel her anger rising up again. "How could that bastard hurt my precious unnie like that? I'll definitely make him pay for it."

Yoona took off her hoodie and put it on Taeyeon, helping to cover up Taeyeon's neck. "You should go home now, unnie."

Taeyeon wildly shook her head.

Yoona looked at Taeyeon in confusion. "Why don't you want to go home, unnie? You want to stay in school?"

Taeyeon opened but no words seemed to come out. She tried her hardest to find her voice. "My omma..." Taeyeon barely whispered.

Yoona scrunched up her eyebrows, not understanding what Taeyeon was trying to say. Taeyeon continued, "I don't want her to see..."

Yoona nodded as she started to understand. "Then do you want to come to my house, unnie? My appa and unnie are both overseas now."

Taeyeon usually hated to cause trouble for others but she was now in no position to reject Yoona.

Yoona smiled a little when Taeyeon did not reject her offer. "Let's go back to class to take our things first, unnie."

At the mention of going back to class, Taeyeon's eyes widened in fear.

Yoona who noticed, quickly assured Taeyeon. "You can stay outside if you want, unnie. I can take your things for you."

Taeyeon nodded and clutched on tightly to Yoona's arm as they made their way back to class.

Taeyeon unwillingly let go of Yoona's arm as Yoona entered the classroom. Taeyeon looked around anxiously as she waited for Yoona.

"Why are you so late, Miss Im?" Yoona was greeted by 'Mr Bald Head' when she entered the classroom.

"Taeyeon is sick so I'm bringing her home, Mr Lee. I'm just taking our belongings." Yoona completely disregarded his question.

Mr Lee gave an understanding look and nodded. "You should get going now then."

The other girls stared at Yoona, not knowing what was going on. They sent each other questioning looks but no one had any answers.

Tiffany who heard Taeyeon's name, looked up in surprise. To say she was worried for Taeyeon was an understatement. She could not understand why Taeyeon was behaving extremely out of behavior lately.

Yoona hastily took both her and Taeyeon's things to avoid anyone from noticing her blood-covered hands before thanking Mr Lee and walking out of the classroom, avoiding looking at any of the other girls.

Yoona gently placed her hand on Taeyeon's shoulder, not wanting to surprise Taeyeon too much. "We can go now, unnie."

Taeyeon gave a relieved smile when she turned around and saw Yoona. "She looks like a lost little kid." Yoona could feel her eyes getting wet again. "Don't cry, stupid Im Yoona. You have to be strong for Taeyeon unnie."