CH 9 - Kyuhyun

KISMET
He was talking about some new computer game with Yi Xing when his attention was caught by his cousins and his boyfriend talking. He heard his name. "What about me?"
 
"I'm just saying that you should try out for the choir thing" Donghae said smiling. 
 
"No! It is not a simple 'choir' Hae" Changmin said, amused.
 
"You know I hate putting effort into anything" Kyuhyun said.
 
"I didn't know that you sing, your cousins here said ---" 
 
"No I don't sing. I might be gifted with an awesome voice but I don't really like singing"
 
Both Donghae and Changmin protested at that, the former even saying that Kyuhyun should join the club ("choir", he insists) as he might actually sound better than Changmin. His cousins hit each other playfully thereafter, as Changmin was saying that he sounds better than Kyuhyun, and Donghae insisting that his voice is just higher but Kyuhyun's is technically better. Everyone at the table now was cheering for the two who are still on each other's guts. He was smiling at the childishness in front of him. Sungmin then nudged him on the side and asked if he was up for it. "You don't need to really join if you want to. I just have to bring someone to audition..."
 
"I don't know..."
 
"And well... I wanna hear you sing" Sungmin continued. He wondered, has he never really sang with Sungmin around? Well, when has he ever sang, and did it seriously? Once when he was 7 years old, he sang in front of everybody, because it was his birthday and his parents were there celebrating with him. His cousins too. And they played and played and ate all his favorite foods. He was truly happy that day. A number of times when he was with a friend in that small park near their vacation house. He made a friend who didn't talk to him at all. But he managed to get him to sing with him. He was happy at all those moments. Twice when he was out of town, bonding with Donghae and Changmin and they talked about anything and everything, they made a bonfire, they got drunk and they sang the whole night. The next day, they made a lot of cool stuff to do in he cabin that they rented in the middle of the forest, and they did what they did the night before all over again. He was truly happy in those 2 nights.
 
"Kyu?"
 
"Oh yeah... Uhmmm..." He looked at Sungmin who was looking hopeful. "Sure, I'll come by. It's tomorrow's activity period right?"
 
Sungmin's face glowed, "That's great! I can't wait!!!"
 
"But don't get your hopes up Min, I'll just sing for the audition. I don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway.but I don't think I'll join if ever, you know I'm lazy about stuff like that"
 
"Wooow... So my boyfriend really thinks that he has what it takes to be part of VAS? We actually have super high standards you know" Sungmin teased. But Kyuhyun was not fazed, "You guys will be begging for me to join I assure you" and winked.
 
 
Kyuhyun and Yi Xing walked towards Building C where the rooms and offices for the clubs are located. Yi Xing was also headed to an audition but it was for the Dance Troupe. He told Kyuhyun that Donghae will be there as well. Once they reached the second floor, they said goodluck to each other and Yi Xing went to the dance area. He continued his way to the 3rd floor where the auditorium was located. An instruction was posted outside the door saying that those who'll audition can use the door to the backstage and just wait for their names to be called for them to come to the stage. He did so and saw that there were around 11 people in the waiting are already. He was probably a bit late already because he could hear someone singing. Before and after the singing, 3 different voices took turns in asking random questions. A girl's voice, a manly sounding voice, and a guy who has a higher voice register than the other.
 
He was getting bored by the minute so he decided to look for Sungmin, he peeked towards the audience area but he didn't saw him. He decided to check his phone and that's when he saw 3 text messages and 2 missed calls from him. Sungmin said that he's sorry because he can't come and watch him. His mother called for an emergency so he had to go home first. He told Kyuhyun to just go with the audition if he's there already, and even sent a 'goodluck' emoji. 
 
Kyuhyun thought of just going. But then his favorite song came up. A girl's voice was singing "At Gwanghwamun". He liked her version. It was different from the original but the emotions and clarity were there. When the song ended, he thought, this girl would probably make the cut. Kyuhyun is seldom impressed with other people singing. But this girl's vocals  caught his attention. However, nothing prepared him for the voice that he heard next. It was a deep and husky voice, and even though it was just talking over the microphone/speakers, it seemed like it was a lullaby trying to calm him and his heart.
 
"Ms. Son Wendy?"
 
"Yes that's me!" The girl who just sang answered. Her's was so perky and energetic, in contrast with the one who was interviewing her. Not that the other's voice was dull and unenergetic. On the contrary, it was full of life. But at the same time, was just calming and ... Lovely. The voice was lovely. 
 
"Sunbae, I'm so glad to see you again! I'm not sure if you remember but I met you last year in the regionals, I am a big fan of you!"
 
The guy's laughter was heard through the speakers (and the other people laughed too, at the background). Gosh damn, even his laughing voice is lovely! How is that possible? He has got to see whose voice it was. He was captivating Kyuhyun...
 
He walked towards the side of the stage, peeked through the side curtains and looked for the guy in the audience seats who was now talking again to the Wendy girl. He smirked recognizing who it was. Oh this would be fun, he thought. What are the odds?
 
(End of CH)
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
I guess we all already know who that voice was right? Haha! To be honest, Kyuhyun here is ME. He issss MMEEEEEE.... I am captivated by Jongwoon's voice. Not just his singing voice but also his talking voice! It's deep and full and just everything that is perfect! And his LAUGHTER. OMG. How can I begin to explain my love for Yesung's laugh! Like, it's super manly and hot but at the same time adorable and cute. How is that even possible?
 
Check youtube for that video of a compilation of his laughter. Haha, yes there is one! The internet is amazing. Kekekekeke
 
- TMFG
 
 
 
 
* So.. I just found out that some do not like Jongwoon's real life laughter! Hahahaha really???? Anyway if that's the case, just think of Jongwoon's laugh in this chapter as the most adorable one you've ever heard. Not Yesungie's crazy uncontrollable laughter whenever he finds something or someone funny and hilarious LOL (but I love his crazy uncontrollable laughter! Hahaha --- although that shouldn't apply here, LOL, he only laughed because he finds fangirling-hyper-Wendy funny ^-^)