CH 23 - Kyuhyun

KISMET
Back in the VAS room, LSM told them the list of who will compete for the duets and solo in the annual Glee Competition nationwide. Kyuhyun and Jongwoon was chosen by LSM, and it did make Kyuhyun feel giddy inside. Of course, he didn't let that show. He was totally looking forward to more days and times together with his duet partner, may it be during their tutorial session or during their duet rehearsals. But Kyuhyun castigated his thoughts. He shouldn't have these thoughts at all.
 
After that damning moment in the library, that one time that he got real hard and as he stared at Jongwoon out of the blue, he brought his friend with him so that it will be of lesser chance to have nasty thoughts when he's alone with Jongwoon. But it boomeranged, as he got irritated when Yi Xing and Jongwoon talked like they were long lost friends at first (or second) meeting, while smiling to each other. Yi Xing must have observed his disposition and so his chinese friend told him later that if he shouldn't be pissed off with him because he won't take his friend away. And that if he'll be jealous he should not have brought him there.
 
Of course he denied being weird because of Yi Xing and Jongwoon's interaction, but inside he wondered if he was being obvious.
 
"What the hell are you saying?!
 
"Hey. I'm kidding, why are you so serious?" Yi Xing grinned at him knowingly. Oh how he wanted to take that grin out of his face. He was teasing him and he was being teased easily, he doesn't like it at all.
 
It's true though. He was being defensive. He would always find himself watching Jongwoon's every move but then he will tell himself over and over again the fact that he has Sungmin and Jongwoon has his boyfriend.
 
Speaking of that boyfriend, now he knew who it was. Well, he doesn't know him per se. But he saw him that one Saturday. At first he was worried because the said guy was watching Jongwoon so closely, like he was going to devour him any time. He took those off his mind but when he went back to the back stage of the auditorium, he found them in their intimate moment. Shock was an understatement. Something went off inside him. He doesn't know what it was. Or probably he was just trying not to think about it. He moved back so that he won't be noticed by the couple, chanting in his head that he has Sungmin and Jongwoon has that guy. He hit something and it fell though as he was moving backward. They heard that, but they probably didn't mind. He ran away from that wretched backstage.
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
Jongwoon was already studying a paper with a song in it when he arrived at the room. He observed that he was totally back to his cheerful self. It was only some days to go before they compete on the City-wide level.
 
On the first practice-break that they had, Kyuhyun told Jongwoon that he already knows who he was with. At first he just thought of playing with him, but it turned out that Jongwoon thought of such as an important thing.
 
"Your secret is safe with me. I'm not a blabbermouth you know", Kyuhyun tried to make him less worried.
 
Jongwoon looked at him curiously. It was clear from his face that he doesn't buy what he's saying, so Kyuhyun laughed. After some ringing laughter, Kyuhyun asked, "Why don't believe me?"
 
"Because it feels like a trap"
 
More laughter.
 
Jongwoon continued, "I feel like you'll just going to bully me everytime and I can't do anything about because then you'll corner me with this information ---"
 
"I didn't have that idea but now that you've mentioned it ---"
 
"Yah!" Jongwoon shrieked, and gave Kyuhyun's arms a light punch. "How did you know anyway? You don't know Siwon. Was it Ryeowook?" 
 
'Oh so Ryeowook knew. What a martyr.' Kyuhyun's pities his one-sided love to be honest. How can he still be close friends with Jongwoon when he has unacknowledged feelings for the latter?
 
"I'm not telling". Seriously, how can he tell him that he's been closely watching him that's why he knows of his secret love affair. And it was confirmed by the kiss he saw between them (which left a bitter taste in his mouth, but he wasn't going to acomodate those thoughts).
 
What might he think of Kyuhyun with that? He admits that it might be stalkerish. No, he isn't a stalker. It all started with the bet he had with his cousin, for him to prove that Ryeowook and Jongwoon are in a relationship (which he was wrong by the way, damn). Yes that was it. Also, it wasn't like he investigated about Jongwoon's lovelife. Most of the time he was just at the right place at the right time --- 'oh no, wait. Make that wrong place at the wrong time.'
 
"If this info leaks I only have you and Ryeowook to kill." Jongwoon said with a neutral face. He doesn't seem mad that he knows about the relationship. A little bothered, but definitely not mad. He didn't insist in trying to know how Kyuhyun discovered too.
 
When it was time for Kyuhyun to turn and go, he heard Jongwoon called him softly. Jongwoon's voice was not loud, but Kyuhyun heard him say his last name anyway. He turned back to look at Jongwoon again.
 
"I trust you now with my secret"
 
Kyuhyun gave a smirk and said, "Like you have a choice".
 
On the second breaktime they did in between the vocal practice, it was Jongwoon's time to talk to Kyuhyun. He asked whether his parents will come and support him at the contest.
 
"Nah... they... hmmm how do I say this. They aren't that type of parents"
 
"What are you saying?"
 
"They never come to school or any of my school activities and stuff"
 
"Maybe you just aren't telling them anything, so how would they know right?"
 
"No. Trust me. I know them. They wouldn't be interested in such. Me? Singing? I doubt they know that I sing", he told the other but was avoiding his eyes. He was uncomfortable with these family-talks. It was a topic that he never opens up with just anyone. He wonders why he lets Jongwoon continue this discussion with him. Nevertheless, it was making him uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the older doesn't seem to take the hint.
 
"That's probably just because of poor communication. Seriously Kyuhyun, tell them about it"
 
"..."
 
"Kyuhyun? Hello... Kyuhyun, look at me". And Kyuhyun did. That's when he realied that he shouldn't have. Jongwoon was smiling at him with that beautiful smile, a hand touching his arm. "I'm sure we'll win the first round. Trust me. So do tell your parents to come, ok?"
 
Kyuhyun, not knowing what power Jongwoon's smile held, simply said "Ok", and then composed a text message right there and then to both his parents telling them of the date and time of the competition. It's been months since he talked, chat or even texted his parents, so this would probably be random to them. But oh well, there goes the invitation.
 
 
End of CH.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Kyaaaaaaa!!! I wanna move on from this.
I want Siwon x Heechul meeting kekekeke
- TMFG