CH 20 - Jongwoon

KISMET

He woke up realizing that he did 5 minutes earlier than the time he set in his alarm clock. What a bummer.

He woke up sweating. It was due to the dream that he had. He recalled that it was just an ordinary dream as it started. He was running away from his brother because the latter was nagging at him not being able to cook breakfast. As he ran, he still heard Heechul's voice but when he looked back, what continued to chase him were huge numbers and mathematical symbols with legs. He kept on running until he reached the stage of their school's auditorium... there he saw Siwon. He was filled with the feeling of missing the said guy and so without any words, he hugged him. Siwon pulled out from the embrace and held both parts below his ears, leaning down for a kiss. Dream-Jongwoon hesitated because he saw people now in the audience, and he remembered that they are keeping their relationship a secret, but his boyfriend insisted for a kiss. And so he closed his eyes and let the other kiss him. It was sweet and simple at first. Then after a while, they were french-kissing already, while one of the taller guy's hand s down to cup his . Jongwoon groaned at the touch. His hands which originally was clutching Siwon's shirt in the chest area slowly raised to circle around Siwon's neck. Their kiss became more passionate and heated. After some time Jongwoon pulled away to get some air, but he was shocked to see the face that wasn't his boyfriend. It was Kyuhyun's face who gave him a smile and tried to lean down to kiss again, and that's when he woke up.

"What a ed-up dream", he muttered to himself while shaking his head. He turned off his alarm, flexed a bit, before coming down to bed. His mind was still in that crazy dream that he just had. He rationalized that he dreamt of numbers chasing him because of his looming Math exam. He dreamt of Siwon because, obviously, he misses him like crazy. They haven't seen each other for some months now. And lastly, he dreamt of his club-mate Kyuhyun because he was the last one he talked to before he fell asleep the night before.

He was lying in his bed, listening to the songs from his iPad connected to his speakers, trying to relax his mind to be able to drift of to sleep when his phone beeped from his side-table. He knows it isn't Siwon. Siwon calls, not text, if he has the time. Still, he ended up getting it. The message was from an unknown number.

"Studying? Stu-DYING?"

He replied and asked who it was.

"One of the best voice you've ever heard in your life."

'There aren't many arrogant people I've had the chance to meet', Jongwoon thought. He texted back.

"Cho?"

"ㅋㅋㅋ"

Jongwoon can't help but roll his eyes. Of course is was Cho Kyuhyun. He was about to stupidly ask where he got his phone number, but then realized that the phone was actually from him. He was never able to thank him for it. 'How rude of me... but if I thank him, he'd probably tease me to death for it'. His thoughts were cut by another beep from his phone.

"Did you finish the math problems?"

"No I haven't checked it again. Hehe. I don't like bringing school stuff =)"

"So what are you doing now? =)"

Cho Kyuhyun and a smiley emoticon? What??? Oh right, he realized that he used a smiley emoticon first. Stupid Jongwoon.

"Just listening to music"

Should he ask the other back? He should, he thought.

"You?"

"Just finished playing Starcraft"

Jongwoon didn't have anything to reply to that. Should he just leave that be? Why did he text him anyway, was it really just to ask him if he was studying? This guy has a weird side too. He was already drifting to sleep, when another message came a few minutes after.

"Imma be back to my game. See you. Don't dream of me ok?"

"Brat!"

And sleep hit him.

☁  ☁  ☁

Instead of going to the library where he usually stays at this hour, he went to the VAS meeting room in Building C. It was where Kyuhyun and him decided to meet up for duet practices. But today Kyuhyun will still tutor him with his Math first because his exam is quite near. He still doesn't fully understand why Kyuhyun would help him with his lessons, but felt that maybe the guy really had a good heart inside of him who wants to help people.

"You're too early, miss me?"

Or not.

"Whatever", he doesn't want to bite. He saw a guy behind the one trying to annoy him.

"Oh, this is my friend, he needs to practice his dancing and I told him that we have a huge full-body mirror in here. Is it ok?" He said as he pointed to the guy.

"Hi I am Zhang Yi Xing" The said guy said as he extended his hand to Jongwoon.

"Ahhh Zhang-ssi, I think we've met in the cafeteria before?" He replied as he shook his hand. He remembered the only chinese guy he has met in school.

"Oh yeah! I didn't think you'd remember me Jongwoon-ssi" He said with a smile. His dimple showing.

Jongwoon can't help but smile back. But in his mind, he was jealous of that dimple. He wanted cute dimples too. He chuckled lightly at his thoughts.

"Please call me Yi Xing"

"Oh... uhm Y-yi Xing." He doesn't really call people he just met in first name basis. But this guy seemed so innocent and nice. Jongwoon did not want to be rude.

"So uhm... our mirror isn't as huge as what you have in the dance studio though... is that fine with you?" He tried to be polite.

"He has no right to be choosy. He's the one who needs the place... Right Yi Xing?" Kyuhyun intervened. Jongwoon was surprised with Kyuhyun's face which seemed to be sporting an annoyed look. Yi Xing though seemed amused.

"Yah, Cho, is that your way of talking to your friend?"

"That's how we talk" he said with a shrug. "Anyway did you finish the math problems I gave you yesterday?" Kyuhyun started to walk passed by the 2, going to smaller office in the VAS room where there were a number of chairs and desks.

Jongwoon looked at Yi Xing, seemingly asking what was wrong with the guy who was walking away from them. He swore, Cho Kyuhyun was with a grin when he entered the room. He even dished something to annoy him, albeit playfully. But now, he seemed like in a bad mood all of a sudden. Yi Xing seems to know though. He snorted and just said to not worry about him, that he will just practice his dancing in the meeting area in front of the mirror, with his earphones on so he won't be noisy as to disturbed them.

He then went to the office area. Kyuhyun helped him in the math problems that he was still not getting. The mood became a bit lighter in the middle. Kyuhyun was back to teasing him and his lack of Math skills.

After a while, he got a call from Kim Kibum, a Drama Club member who he got a bit closer during the partnered activity of the Drama Club and Vocal Arts Society last year. The other guy asked him where he was because needs to talk to him regarding Club matters.

"Uhh no I did not drop by the library today... Yeah sure, come by the VAS practice room... Alright, see you Kibum-ssi!"

"He studies with you before?"

"Hmm?" Such a random question, he thought.

"In the library I mean. He mentioned you weren't there, right?"

"Oh yeah..." He was never with Kibum in the library. He can count the times that Kibum joined him during lunchbreak or he dropped Kibum off in a nearby bus station after school. He also doesn't remember telling him that. "Maybe Ryeowook told him I was supposedly in the library at this hour" he muttered with a shrug.

A few minutes later, they decided to stop the tutoring session already and try to talk about a song they can practice on for their duet. It was about that same time when Kibum arrived.

Kibum was vice president now of the Drama Club, so he was assigned to tell him that they want to collaborate again for a musicale show, just like what the 2 clubs did a year ago. After a bit of a chat here and there, and deciding on when to hold a joint session, Kibum went on his way leaving Kyuhyun and Jongwoon alone again.

Jongwoon saw this annoyed look in Kyuhyun's face again. 'And here, people say that I am the moodiest person they have ever met, ever', Jongwoon thought.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why were you kind of rude towards Kibum a while back? Even from when I introduced you both"

"Didn't you see he was eyeing me from head to toe? Like he was sizing me up, from the minute he walked in..."

That's a bit true. "Hmmm, he is kind of an introvert. Please understand that he isn't really easily comfortable with meeting new people."

"Well, I am too."

"Ok fine, whatever you say" Jongwoon said as he raised both his hands like he was surrendering. He wasn't in the mood to psycho-analyze this guy today. Like he was ever talented in that area. "Shall we go back to the song list?"

 

 

(End of CH)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm afraid that I have been putting in so much side characters in the story you guys might be overwhelmed with all of them. So I want to tell you now hahaha that KIM KIBUM is a character I already introduced way back CHAPTER 4, who was with Youngwoon and Jongwoon eating lunch. That was this guy's first time meeting Heechul too. He'll be kinda important in later chapters so... I need you to remember him. LOL. :3

He is a SUJU member afterall. OK, "was". He was a SUJU member.

Then we have here ZHANG YI XING, Kyu's first friend in the University. I mentioned him in CHAPTER 3. And he comes back in CHAPTERS 9 and 11 I think, where he eats lunch together with Kyu, with Changmin and his crew. He joined the dance club, so don't be bothered if I'll let him interact with EUNHAE. Because, dance, yes? He won't be very important. He is in the tertiary-level of importance in the story, but I just want him there because he is my ultimate bias in EXO. Kekekeke.... He better known with his stage name, LAY. I love Lay. Ok, there, I said it. Haha!

So now, I have to work on the other stories I have. I still am not sure what between the 2 though. LOL. Let's see.

Okthxbye. ANYEONG

- TMFG