CH 15 - Kyuhyun

KISMET

Days passed by and Kyuhyun found himself feeling at home in his new school. He felt like he was able to adjust easily with his University life. His being a member of a close-knit club definitely helped, but he'll never tell that to anyone of course. 

 
He cannot help but like the feeling of belonging to something. Something which he knows he is good at. Plus the other members are welcoming without being crazy clingy. They made him comfortable without getting overboard. This made it easy for him to be himself (his sarcastic self), finding himself being able to throw random remarks which makes most others laugh and be amused with him. Also, to just be himself (his aloof self), just watching and observing people from the sideline.
 
He observed the different relations between the members which makes up the entire dynamics of the club. There's Onew and Luna with their obvious . They aren't officially together but it's obvious to everyone that they like each other. There's Tiffany and Taeyeon too, who he'd think are lesbians if not for the fact that the latter has a boyfriend. His batchmates in entering the club was able to assimilate into the club fairly well too. Krystal was always with her sister Jessica, of course. Taemin was able to make friends to other members too, like Onew and Jonghyun.
 
And then there's Wendy, who's always beside Jongwoon. Always. Every freakin minute. And she's loud. She is honestly getting to Kyuhyun's nerves... Only because she's loud. That's all.
 
He sometimes wonders why he doesn't see Ryeowook's face in annoyance when this Wendy girl is always hanging around Jongwoon like a puppy trying to get his master's attention. Ryeowook gives that face of annoyance towards Kyuhyun when the latter interacts with Jongwoon, so why not with Wendy too, he wonders. Maybe this Ryeowook still has not gotten over that time when Kyuhyun was ogling over his boyfriend, he thought.
 
Aside from Ryeowook, there's Youngwoon as well, who doesn't seem to like Kyuhyun's presence. This one though, he has yet to know the reason. He seemed close to Sungmin, so he doesn't understand why this guy seemed indifferent towards him. But it's not like Kyuhyun cares. He doesn't. He just wonders about it sometimes. 
 
Sungmin being there with him definitely helped with him being comfortable with these bunch of people.
 
Kyuhyun and Sungmin, in Kyuhyun's opinion has become inseparable. Not like they were always intimate because of course most of the time they are in school, but this is probably the most time that they have been with each other. That was why he was taken aback when Sungmin asked him one day, randomly, if they were ok. 
 
They were always together, what more does Sungmin want? That was what Kyuhyun thought. Of course it was not what he said. He may be a straightforward person but he isn't an . Not that much of an at least.
 
"Where did that come from?"
 
"I don't know. It's just that... I don't know actually... I feel like... You've been kinda distant lately"
 
"I'm sorry but we've been together literally every hour of the day except during classes and when we sleep... and you sometimes even sleep over here"
 
"No that's not what I meant."
 
Silence enveloped the two. Kyuhyun was itching to go back to the game he paused. He did not really see where this conversation was going.
 
Sungmin persisted. "Don't you think that we should level up in our relationship?" 
 
Level up? That could have a lot of meaning. Moving in together? Sure. He didn't even think of it twice. Sungmin sleeps over his place most of the days in a month. Sungmin makes him food whenever he is there. It's actually like he has a roommate with Sungmin around almost everyday in his pad.
 
"Moving in together you mean?" He saw the other blushed red.
 
"Well... I was thinking of something different actually" He chuckled lightly. "Kinda easier than that Kyu... I was thinking of you meeting my parents..."
 
Oh wait, no, Kyuhyun thought.
 
"I mean, they already know about us. Mom has already asked me to bring you over you know... They want to meet --"
 
"Min..."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I'm sorry but.. That's already too serious, don't you think?" He can't help it. There goes the straightforwardness.
 
Sungmin bowed his head slightly. He was clearly disappointed, Kyuhyun could see it. But Kyuhyun cannot regret what he said. He knows that he isn't ready for any of that for now. Yes they've been together now for more than a year, but he's not ready. 
 
He put down what he was holding and went closer to his boyfriend. "Minnie, please. I ask you to understand me for now... We'll, we'll just get there ok? But just not now. I'm sorry"
 
Kyuhyun raised Sungmin's chin for the latter to face him. "Let's just enjoy what we have now Min", Kyuhyun said as he looked back at those eyes which showed hurt. He gave him a kiss. It's the least he can do. He doesn't want to hurt Sungmin, as this guy has been nothing but loving and caring towards him. But too late, he cannot do that simple request. He doesn't even know if he'll ever be ready for that at all. 
 
• • •
 
Aside from VAS meetings, one of the things he has been looking forward too was his tutoring sessions with Jongwoon aka teasing session with Jongwoon. How can a person be that slow in Mathematics, Kyuhyun thought sometimes, smiling to himself. He knows that his skills in Math is way better than most. But Jongwoon's lack of such is just really below than most as well. It amuses him to no end. He finds Jongwoon's confused face funny. And his annoyed face funnier.
 
Today, Jongwoon was already at the table in the library where he usually sits. However, unlike the days before, Jongwoon was sleeping with his own arms below his head on the table. Kyuhyun looked at Jongwoon's side profile for a while. Such long lashes, he thought. He poked Jongwoon's cheeks. The other's eyes fluttered open. Kyuhyun just looked at the other while he placed himself in the seat beside the now already-awoken guy. 
 
"Wipe your drool", Kyuhyun teased.
 
"Aish!" He hit the arm of the laughing Kyuhyun. 
 
"You look so... Angelic and innocent when you sleep" He tried to be nonchalant about it. He just had to say it.
 
Jongwoon creased his eyebrows at that.
 
"... I cannot believe you can be a warfreak in real life..."
 
Jongwoon literally faceplamed. "Ugh aren't you over that?! Seriously"
 
"...punching and kicking 3 guys all by yours--"
 
"And you'll see that first hand if you continue annoying me" He grimaced, but playfully, towards the younger.
 
"But if you do that then you will Math all your life" Kyuhyun grinned as he gave him a piece of paper with Math equations. Kyuhyun made it before he slept the night before.
 
"Like I caaaare" Jongwoon said. But he took the paper and started answering those goddamned Math problems.
 
 
(End of CH)
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hi! It's been a while. I'm so sorry. Blame it on law school. Law school . Such a jealous mistress. Anyway, here's a simple update. I'll get back on Jongwoon's POV super soon!
 
I am now listening to kpop as I was writing this. Check 'em out if you have time kekeke
  • Sherlock - Shinee
  • Monster, Growl, Call Me Baby, Love Me Right, Lucky One, Playboy - EXO
  • Sniper, Alright - Shinhwa
  • Mirotic - tvxq
  • Chained Up - vixx
  • Bad - Infinite
  • Without You, Firetruck - NCT
  • Fire - BTS
  • Bang3x - Bigbang
  • Rockstar, Superman, y Free and Single - Super Junior
(I'm not at the suju part of my playlist, weeeee, lol)
 
Ok, I'll go back with my readings now. Wish me good luck for my Monday exam huhu...
 
Oh by the way, I also wrote another kyusung material, it's entitled "Of Photobooks And Novels". Check it if you have time, and tell me what you think. Thanksh!
 
Byeeeee now
 
- TMFG