Tease

My Brother's Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the school festival, the students are now busy preparing for their examination week. All the fun during the festival are turned into struggles to review for the upcoming tests.

Jihyo was currently in the school's library having a headache in studying one of her subjects, which is math. She's actually pretty smart but when it comes to this subject, she's having a hard time. She needs to study well for this one in order for her to maintain her straight As. The last score that she had for this subject was only a passing grade that didn't meet her standard. She was sulking and had her head down low as she stares at the book in front of her. Suddenly someone ruffled her hair. 

"YA!" She shouted as she was annoyed. She looked up and saw JB smiling brightly at her. "Looks like someone is having a bad day." JB . "Go away!" She scoffed. "Shhhhh!" The librarian warned them for their noises. JB then sat beside her and leaned closer to read the book. "Math huh?!" Jihyo pushed him away because he was too near her and it made her feel annoyed and uncomfortable at the same time. She needs to review and doesn't want any distraction for the moment.

JB: You're too grumpy today aren't you? (JB can't help but more)
Jihyo: Why are you even here?! It's a LIBRARY! People like you don't even step on here.
JB: What do you mean by that? Did you just insulted me?! (JB just chuckled at her) 
Jihyo glared at him for a few seconds and rolled her eyes.
JB: Ok fine. Nayeon asked me to return the book she borrowed...
Jihyo just kept silent and ignored him.
JB: If you really find that hard then why not ask your "amazing" brother to teach you?
Jihyo: Thanks to you, we're not in good terms right now. Because of that stupid photo!
JB: I guess I have to take responsibility. (He smirked)
Jihyo looked at him while raising her eyebrows.
JB: I will teach you. (He smiled at her)
Jihyo: YOU? Teaching ME? In Math?! (Jihyo stated as if it was the most bizarre thing in the world)
JB: Why not?! Ever wondered how I pass even though I skip classes? (He said smirking)
Jihyo: You cheat?!
JB: Off course not! Its because I'm smart! I'm just lazy but I'm smart! (He says proudly)
Jihyo just eyed him not believing what he says.
JB: Here...

He leaned closer again and began explaining the lesson to her. Jihyo keeps on nodding at his statements because he explained everything clearly and in a way that Jihyo can understand very well. She was surprised and amazed that the guy was indeed smart. It's as if he was a different person from the JB that she had known. Its good to see another side of him, she thought. 

JB: ... And that's it. It's not hard as you think it is.
Jihyo: Wow, you really are good at this!

Because of excitement, Jihyo suddenly shifted her gaze at the guy making their faces so close to each other because the guy was still leaning on to her. Their noses are almost touching. Immediately realizing their position, Jihyo moved her face to the other direction and hid her extremely blushing face. JB grinned at her cute reaction.

Jihyo: Th... Thanks JB oppa (Jihyo stammering in her words)
JB: Anything for you... I'll go now... Study hard...  (He winked before finally leaving)
Jihyo just nodded. Her heartbeat was beating fast. She was all grumpy earlier and now her mood suddenly shifted.

When she was about to go back to her class, her phone suddenly rang...

Nayeon: Jihyo-yah!
Jihyo: Hi, Nayeon-unnie, why did you call?
Nayeon: I'd like to invite you to our house next week. I'll be having a birthday dinner with my family and I want you and Jinyoung to come along. 
Jihyo: Oh! I'd love to go.
Nayeon: If you and Jinyoung are still having your sibling fight, I'd let my driver pick you up just so you could come. I want both of you to be there!
Jihyo: That's not necessary. (She giggled) I'll go with my oppa.
Nayeon: I'll expect you there!
Jihyo: We will come.

The call ended so Jihyo went ahead to her classroom. She spend most of her time in studying for the whole week. Though she hang out with her friends, she still carries a book with her and reads it. She worked so hard for herself and for her brother as well. Being the president's younger sister, she doesn't want to burden him so she likes to maintain her high grades. 

Finally, the result came and her hard work paid off. She got the highest scores in all her subjects. She was really thrilled. She even aced the math subject that she hated because of JB. She was standing at the bulletin board together with her friends jumping up and down because of joy when Jinyoung passed by and congratulated her. This is the first time that they talked again after the photo incident. The guy ruffled her hair while smiling widely because he was really proud of her. Jihyo just smiled and hugged him. Jinyoung also took this chance to tell about Nayeon party the following night. Jihyo agreed to come along with him.

...
The night of Nayeon's  birthday dinner...

The Park siblings finally arrived at Nayeon's massion. Jinyoung was wearing a dark blue long sleeves and black pants. A more formal attire that he's usually wear that brings out his cool and handsome aura. Jihyo on the other hand wear a black short dress with shimmering accent. Her hair was also in perfect curls and she wore a light make-up that she doesn't usually out up when in school, Both of them looked like celebrities as they passed by the other guests gaining attention from them. Nayeon immediately spotted them and called out for them. 

Nayeon: I'm so happy the two of you came. (She said as Jinyoung kissed her cheeks and as she hugged Jihyo)
Jihyo: Happy birthday Nayeon-unnie. (Jihyo hand the gift to her)
Nayeon: You're so pretty Jihyo-ya!
Jihyo: Thanks... (She slightly blushed) You too unnie. (She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter