Silence

My Brother's Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day that the Basketball team dreaded had arrived. The Championship game. They have been preparing for this for months and now the day has finally came and because of an "incident", their ace and captain is not allowed to play. This made a huge toll on the members and added pressure to the assistant captain, Jackson.

Everyone gathered on the school gym to watch the match. Students from the competing team also flocked the venue. Loud cheers are heard from everyone. But those cheers doesn't help in boosting the team's moral, without their captain, they are in distress. In their minds, they need to at least not make a humiliating lose because their school is the host after all.

The whole cheering squad was seated near the basketball team only a couple of feet away. They were all very anxious to see the game especially Jihyo. The girl was really nervous for the team. She knows that this is what JB treasures the most but its just a shame that he can't play. She partly blame herself because of it and it aches her heart to see the guy can't do anything for his precious team.

The basketball team finally came out and a  loud roar was heard from the audience. JB was walking first. Though he can't play, he still can couch the team. He is followed by Jackson, Yugyeom, Bambam, and the other members. Then suddenly, Youngjae appeared wearing the basketball uniform. Some of the people gasped as they were surprised that he is in the line-up. Even JB wasn't informed about this and that made him pissed off. "What is he doing here?! Why is he wearing our uniform?!" He immediately asked Jackson. "I'm sorry for not informing you but it was Jihyo-ssi who insisted that he can help us." He explained. "Its Jihyo-ssi so I thought it'll be fine with you." He added. JB just glared at him. Its already been done so he can't do anything about it anymore. Youngjae was just silent. He only came there because Jihyo asked him to and he's not really caring about anything.

Jihyo noticed the annoyance in JB's expression. She knew JB will not agree about it but she knows very well that the guy can help the team. Its the least she can do to help out.

The other opposing team also came out headed by Jungkook who also earned loud cheers from the audience. He is smiling widely because he is very sure that in a couple of minutes, the champion trophy will be at his hand.

The game is almost starting as the players started to warm up. Jinyoung also came in to watch and he sat between Nayeon and Jihyo. "Jinyoung you're here to watch too?" Nayeon was surprised to him there because the guy never really likes watching the game. "I just thought of stopping by, something might happen again." He calmly said. He doesn't want to admit it but he too worries about the team. Jihyo just glanced at her brother's acting.

Finally, the referee blew the whistle indicating the start of the match. As expected, the team was really having a hard time adjusting to their captain's "absence". The unbeatable-duo JB and Jackson was also been the pair to boost their team's spirit, now only Jackson was left, leaving almost all the work to himself. The team members was in fact very good individually but still, they were so used in playing together and one slight change like a missing teammate can make a drastic effect. 

The first quarter is finished and they managed to have the lead of 10 points. The second quarter started and Jihyo noticed that JB still hadn't allowed Youngjae to enter the court. Jackson is now really exhausted and if JB still won't allow Youngjae to play, Jackson's energy might be drained too much. The second quarter ended with Jungkook's team leading by 20 points.

The break came after the second quarter and the cheerleading squad went to perform. The audience all cheer at them especially the fanboys who are crazy about the pretty girls. After performing, they all went back to their seats. The team are still in a huddle. Jihyo can't take it any longer so she stood up and shouted at JB. "JB-oppa, let Youngjae play!" JB quickly glanced at her with annoyance. Even calling him "oppa" can't take that annoyance away since the guy felt that Jihyo is supporting another guy. He then also looked at his disoriented team. They also looked at him as if pleading to let them see what Youngjae can really do. He sighed and ordered Youngjae to play as pointguard to assist Jackson in shooting. Youngjae agreed and do what he was told.

Meanwhile, back to the benches, Jinyoung gaze

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter