Are we friends?

Tender Love | ChanBaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ⓦhen Chanyeol got back to Baekhyun after getting off work, they started walking next to each other as none of them spoke. 

They eventually ended up in a park that was in the neighbourhood. "Shall we sit down for a minute?" the taller suggested as he pointed at the swings. 

The pink boy nodded. "Okay." 

Baekhyun sat down at a car-tire swing, and he thought Chanyeol would sit at the one next to him, but he actually sat on the same swing as him. He didn't say anything though, but he actually liked it. 

They sat for at least five minutes in silence, but it wasn't awkward. It was an comfortable silence. The one where you’d just appreciate the presence of another. 

But Chanyeol decided to finally speak up. "Did...something happen?" 

It was obvious something had happened, but Baekhyun could tell the taller was nervous about him. He probably didn't want to be too straightforward. "Yeah." 

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked carefully. 

Surprisingly, Baekhyun did want to talk about. He never wanted to talk about private life to other people, not even Jongdae or his other friends. But he did want to talk to Chanyeol. "It's..." he started as he carefully glanced up at the giant, who was staring at him warmly, patiently waiting for him. "It's my parents," he began. "Ever since I was a child, my parents had always been busy with work, so they were never home. We had a nanny when I was too young to be alone, but as I started middle school, I was old enough so the nanny was gone. And ever since then, I've been all alone. I rarely see my parents at all. 

"During middle school it wasn't that bad. I had friends I spent time with, but we were going to different high schools, so I lost contact with them. And when I was a freshman, I started to fancy this one sophomore, so I confessed to him one day, but he rejected me. Luckily he promised me to keep it a secret, so I have no idea how you know about it," Baekhyun finished. 

Chanyeol smiled warmly to him. "I happened to be just around the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter