Lonely

Tender Love | ChanBaek
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ⓑaekhyun's eyes widen in surprise. "Are - are you sure?" he asked. 

"Yeah. If you feel a connection with the story, doesn't it get better that way?" he asked, smiling. But Baekhyun definitely could tell he forced it out. 

"Chanyeol, let's not get too personal with this. It's just a stupid assignment - " 

"Teacher!" Chanyeol called as he raised his hand, earning their teacher's attention. "Do we get grades with our story?" 

The teacher nodded. "Well yes, of course." 

Chanyeol nodded with a smile, and then he turned back to the smaller one again. "Everything that's graded aren't stupid to me, so I'll do anything to get an A." 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he sighed in defeat. Although I know his name now, he's still Mr Nerd all right. 

As English class ended, Baekhyun and Chanyeol made up a main character together and its description before starting on the plot. Luckily they were given two more classes to finish up the story, but Baekhyun feared that they'd have to meet up after school as well. If they didn't finish up until the next class, they'd definitely have to meet up. 

"Baekhyun?" 

The pink haired boy was snapped out of his thoughts. "Huh?" 

"Are you okay with that?" Chanyeol asked again, smiling down at him as they were standing outside the classroom with their books in their hands. 

"Su - sure." 

"Really? Great! See you later," he grinned and quickly disappeared from the smaller one's sight. Why did I say that? Baekhyun thought to himself. I have no idea what he said.

As Baekhyun went on his way home that day, he was surprisingly greeted by his parents when he entered their home. "How come you're home?" he asked as he dropped his backpack onto the floor and stared at the two of them like they were ghosts. 

"Got off early at work," Mr Byun answered. 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked suspicious. They never got off work early unless they had to travel. "Are you going somewhere soon?" 

His mother sighed. "Yes, Baekhyunie, we're going overseas for a couple of months with work," she said, not too interested in feeling any sympathy for their son. 

"Where?" he asked. 

"Different places in Europe. We won't stay in one place for long, but travel around." 

I knew it. "When will you leave?" 

"This weekend," Mr Byun spoke again. 

"We figured you'll be alright so no one from the family is coming to take care of you. You're a grown man now," Mrs Byun said, still not even glancing at the younger. 

"I'll be fine," Baekhyun muttered as he headed towards the front door again. 

"Where are you going?" his father called after him. 

"To a friend," Baekhyun lied and quickly exited the house. He didn't want to see his parents at the moment. To be honest, he hated seeing his parents. Not because he hated them, but because he felt hurt whenever they didn't pay attention to him or even considered how he'd feel with certain things. 

Baekhyun has been alone for years. He wanted his parents to be there for him. To care for him and be with him as a family. Or even just to spend some time with him. It didn't have to be longer for an hour; at least they'd have some time together. 

The male had to be honest: he felt lonely. Extremely lonely. 


 

 

Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter