[07]

Falling For The Doctor's Daughter

“That was so weird. Maybe it was a prank by his sister, or colleague, or a friend, something !” You said, a little exasperated.

One amazing thing about you, is that you are optimistic and patient about things.

You hardly ever got into a misunderstanding, because you were always calm in explaining.

In times like this, your skill came in handy.

You wouldn’t jump to conclusions, and you always taught yourself never to cry over heartbreakers.

You gently knocked on the door.

“Sunggyu-sshi, how are you feeling ? Where you alright last night ? Did you experience any pains ?” You asked, concerned.

Sunggyu smiled.

“It was manageable,” He said, grinning.

“That’s good,” You said, smiling, as you poured him a glass of warm water.

“You’re a really good nurse,” Sunggyu said shyly.

You smiled, as you sat down, passing him the glass of water.

“Only to pacify my father. Trying to get on his good side, so he wouldn’t be as angry at me when I leave ..” You replied.

“Leave ?” Sunggyu asked anxiously.

“Yeah. I’m planning to go to a music university in Michigan. I lived there for a few years when I was a kid. So I’m going back there to further my vocal training, maybe for a year or two.”

“Can’t you stay here, in Seoul ?” Sunggyu asked, his heart beating rapidly.

“I don’t know .. My father wouldn’t hear of it.” You said, sighing.

Sunggyu’s mouth curved into a frown.

He wanted to be with you, when he recovers fully.

“With talent like yours, you could get a company easily here in Seoul, and they would give you training !” Sunggyu persuaded.

“Maybe,” You said.

“I guess I could consider that ..” You continued softly.

Sunggyu felt a little bit relieved.

“At least she’s considering it ..” Sunggyu thought.

“We’re here again !” Sungjong sang, as usual.

You couldn’t help but die a little inside because of the ‘prank’.

You simply had to pay a little visit, so you waited until the boys came before you left.

“Hey, could you guys take care of Sunggyu first ? I have to see someone ..” You said quietly.

“Sure. Need a ride ?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s okay, I’ll drive my own.” You said, with a smile.

“Is it that Jong Ki person ?” Sunggyu thought, a little annoyed.

You closed the door hastily behind you, and briskly walked to the car.

“Hyung, is noona alright ? She seems a little out of the ordinary today.” Sungyeol asked softly.

“You didn’t say anything, right ?” Hoya questioned, too.

“Nothing happened, but I think something happened to her boyfriend or something.” Sunggyu said quietly.

“Someone’s jealous ~” Woohyun sang, poking Sunggyu’s cheeks.

Sunggyu laughed, and pretended to strangle Woohyun.

“You two are definitely kids !” Dongwoo said, before dancing with Hoya.

“But itis worrying to see ~~~~ flustered ..” Sungjong said quietly.

“Yeah, it really is.” Sunggyu said, sighing, before laying down on his pillows, thinking about you.

Despite wearing white heels, you walked as quickly as you could, and made your way up,, to the top floor – the 30th.

You took a deep breath, and pressed the doorbell once.

You shouldn’t be here, during working hours, but you simply had to find out.

After a minute, you pressed the doorbell again, a little annoyed, as you kept checking the time on your white diamond encrusted watch.

Finally, the door opened.

In front of you, stood a tall, slender female, with long, straight hair past her shoulder.

She was wearing a loose white button up shirt with black shorts.

Somehow, you were sure you bought that white shirt for Jong Ki.

Groggily, she asked “What do you want,” her eyes not even fully opened.

“Hi, I am ~~~~, Jong Ki’s girlfriend. You are .. ?” You said, trying your best to be polite.

After all, you didn’t want to misunderstand anything.

The woman barely even listened.

“Take a seat, in the living room ..” She said sleepily, not even paying attention to who you were or what you were saying.

You bit your lip, and kept taking in deep breaths.

“She may just be a friend. A friend. A friend.” You repeated to yourself, as the woman went to the bathroom.

“She may have the same name, and the same job my sister wanted, but she looks too different to be my sister ..” You said to yourself.

You walked slowly into the guest room, as the door was half open.

Inside, you saw messy bedsheets, and clothes on the floor.

What’s more, you saw a sleeping Jong Ki, covered by a blanket.

Your heart clenched, as your vision was interrupted by tears forming.

“~~~~ .. I was wondering when you’d show up.” The woman said.

Shocked, you quickly looked away from the guest room to go face-to-face with the woman.

Her voice, sounded different in real life than on the phone.

Trembling, you stared at the woman.

“Eun Mi … ?” You said.

“~~~~. Daddy’s little girl.” Eun Mi said, her words tinted with rage and hatred.

“I-I can’t believe you would do something so low .. For what ? Revenge ? For not running away at the age of 13 ?!” You said, your heart shattering.

“You .. You got plastic surgery and your dyed your hair, all to get revenge ?!” You screamed.

“I was all alone, with no where to go ! I stayed in a damn orphanage until this family adopted me. Their son tried to take advantage of me ! My life was horrible. And it was all because of you. If you had chosen to stand by me, we could have had a chance to change dad’s thinking. But we couldn’t, because you were too afraid !” Eun Mi screamed back, her words like arrows piercing through you.

“~~~~ ?!” Jong Ki exclaimed, walking out of the room.

“Jong Ki oppa .. Who do you love more, me or her ?! She ignored you and her father doesn’t even approve of you ! I’m the one who you deserve.” Eun Mi said, tugging at Jong Ki.

“~~~~ … I-I’m sorry ..” Jong Ki stammered.

You said nothing more.

You walked to Jong Ki, and gave him a tight slap.

Tears flowing down your cheeks, you left the apartment.

Eun Mi smirked, gloating inside.

“Oppa, you’re okay right ?” Eun Mi said, kissing his cheek.

“Weakling.” Eun Mi thought inside her mind.

You walked to your car, in quick and strong steps, crying badly.

Slamming the car door, and stepped on the gas pedal.

You couldn’t concentrate, and you didn’t notice you passed a red light.