[01]

Falling For The Doctor's Daughter

"WHY ?!" You screamed at him, your eyes watery.

"I will not have any daughter of mine be a damned singer ! You have to follow in my footsteps and be a doctor !" Your father scoffed.

"This discussion ends here. I will not hear any more of this singer nonsense. Also, I will not have you running around doing rubbish while waiting for your results. You are to assist me and take up an internship at the hospital." Your father continued, fuming.

"APPA !" You yelled again, biting your lip to prevent the tears from rolling down.

"No more." Your father said, walking to his room.

"Oh, if I don't see you at the hospital tomorrow .. I'm sending you off to boarding school in London." Your father added slyly.

You ran to your room and slammed the door, the chimes hanging on your doorknob ringing.

You plopped onto your bed, and hugged your pillow tightly.

Mimi, your puppy husky, jumped onto your bed and your ankle.

"Not now mimi," You said, eventually giving in to his innocent puppy eyes.

You his belly, and sighed knowing you had to work as a nurse for two whole months.

Climbing up the ladder to the loft, you grabbed your pencils and started writing another song.

...

"I'm up, I'm up ..." You said groggily, your hand pressing the 'off' button of your clock.

"Who the hell wakes up at 7 anyway .." You said, dragging your feet to the bathroom.

"Damn, I have to put on my make up and stuff and that'll take me some time .." You thought, feeling worse.

You put on a plain white tshirt and skinny jeans, with a pair of red heels.

You tied your long wavy hair into a high bun, as you quickly put on some make up.

...

"Good morning. I'm glad you thought things through." Your father said, rather happily.

You groaned and grabbed an apple before following your father into his car.

"You're not a kid anymore. Stop dressing like one. Red heels ? In a hospital ? What if an emergency happens ? You can't run in those things." Your father babbled.

Ignoring him, you took out your phone and texted your boyfriend, Jong Ki.

"Boo ! Did I scare you ? Kekeke. Are you awake yet ? I am ! Appa forced me to work part time at the hospital, damn. Miss you !" You typed, and pressed send.

Instantly, he replied "Only awake for you, hun ! Miss you too x".

Smiling, you texted him back a heart.

...

"This is Joon. He'll teach you the ropes." Your father said. "Be polite." He added quietly and sternly.

You rolled your eyes, and greeted Joon.

He smiled, and led you to an office at the corner.

"This is my office. You will work alongside me, as a personal assistant. And if needed, you'll be the personal nurse for important or seriously injured patients. I hope you're a cheerful person !" Joon teased.

He pointed to a stylish glass table.

"That's your desk, in front of mine." He said.

"How could there even be someone stylish, modern, and happy in a place like this ?" You thought.

You thanked him, as he assigned you some minor tasks.

"Is this even part of my job ?" You whined to yourself, holding a warm cup of coffee.

"No sugar, no cream, no milk, no nothing, just like you wanted." You said, slightly annoyed, putting the coffee on Joon's desk.

"If you were wondering, you're doing this because yo're my personal assistant. Then again, I could also assign you as a nurse. So for now, you help me with minor and personal things." Joon said quickly and simply, then concentrated on his work.

You sighed, as time slowly passed.

After all, there wasn't much you could do besides refilling Joon's coffee and redirecting his calls.

...

"I had a terrible day today, Mimi." You said, crashing into your huge bed, messing up the white sheets.

Everything in your room was white - the walls, the bed, the sofa, the tv, the door, the rugs, the curtains, the other furniture.

It was simple, your favourite colour, and the only thing your father approved of.

You took a shower, and immediately went to sleep.

The alarm rang at 6, this time, as you decided you needed more time to get ready in the morning.

You dried your hair, as your phone viberated.

"Who could it be this early ?" You thought to yourself.

"My wife's probably awake to go to work already ~ See you tonight xx" The message read.

You grinned.

"Jong Ki ah .. Saranghae !" You replied.

...

Your father had already left that morning.

Sighing, you went upstairs to get your own car keys.

Grabbing an apple for breakfast [again], you grabbed your new white doctor's coat and your bag as you hurried to work.

This time, you wore comfortable and pretty flats.

Of course, your car, a convertible, was white too.

...

Upon reaching the hospital, you realised everyone was in a mad frenzy.

Joon wasn't at his desk, so you took that time to decorate your table.

Photo of you and Jong Ki, white telephone [you got rid of the previous black one], stationery, white mug, and other white things.

You linked your white laptop to the cables, and started writing lyrics to pass time.

Joon finally came in, an hour later.

He looked flustered, and if you remembered correctly, he was wearing the same thing as yesterday.

"Last night there was a terrible accident, and a korean boyband was injured. 6 of them were fine, with minor cuts and bruises, but 1 of them was seriously injured. He might not even be able to walk for a month of two." Joon said quickly.

"So they stayed overnight for a surgery .." You thought.

"And ?" You finally said.

"His name is Kim Sunggyu, the special ward on the 27th floor. You'll be his personal nurse during his stay here." Joon mumbled, loud enough for you to hear.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have today off." Joon said tiredly, grabbing his bag and coat and walking out of the office.

Sighing, you recalled what he taught you yesterday about rules and gestures and greetings and other stuff.

You glanced at your white watch, and went to the kitchen to bring his breakfast.

"Kim Sunggyu, eh .. Infinite, was it .. Anyway I might pick up something from him." You said, optimistically.

You knocked the door and put the tray on the table.

"Kim Sunggyu-sshi ?" You said softly.

"Call me Sunggyu." He said, smiling weakly. "Oppa's fine too, though." He teased.

"Sunggyu. I'll stick to that. Have your breakfast, then go to sleep. You'll need a lot of rest to recover quickly." You said.

Sunggyu smiled politely, his leg and an arm in casts.

Struggling, he picked up the spoon with his free hand, the left, and dropped it.

He sighed, and leaned back.

"I'm not hungry now. I'm tired." Sunggyu said, frustrated.

Instead of leaving, like Sunggyu expected, you picked up the spoon and washed it thoroughly.

You came back, sat next to him, as you held a spoon of warm porridge in front of his mouth.

Shocked, yet extremely happy, Sunggyu grinned and stuck his head out, eating the porridge.

"You sure you're older than me ? You're like a kid !" You teased.

Pouting, Sunggyu said "I'm the leader of Infinite !"

"Yes, yes, you probably are." You said sarcastically, smiling.

...

You closed the curtains, and picked up the empty tray.

"Push that button next to your bed if you need me. Now get some rest !" You said.

"Yes mdm !" Sunggyu said, smiling.

You couldn't help but laugh a little.

...

Sunggyu was going to sleep through the day and night, so you left the hospital at 8.

You parked your car, as you pushed the door open to a restaurant.

You had changed into a pair of heels that you kept in your car, before you drove to the restaurant.

"~~~~~ !" Jong Ki said, smiling, kissing you on the cheek.

He pulled out a chair for you, as you smiled and sat down.