[03]

Falling For The Doctor's Daughter

Sunggyu your head gently, smiling.

"She's so cute when she's asleep .." He mumbled happily.

"Jong Ki ... Saranghae ..." You mumbled, in your sleep.

Sunggyu's hand froze, as he lowered it to his own torso.

He sighed.

"So his name is Jong Ki .." Sunggyu said sadly.

...

Sitting up, Jong Ki supported his head with his palm.

"My head hurts ... How much did I drink last night .." Jong Ki muttered, rubbing his eyes.

He blinked his eyes, and he froze.

Eun Mi was next to him.

He blinked again.

Sure enough, he was wide awake.

He felt his temperature go up, and he started perspiring.

He felt ridden with guilt.

"Jong Ki oppa .. You're awake already ..." Eun Mi said, yawning.

She held the blanket to herself, and pecked your cheek.

"Eun Mi ... What happened last night ?" Jong Ki asked quietly.

"Oppa, I like you ~" Eun Mi said playfully, before pulling the blanket over herself quickly.

...

"Sunggyu-sshi .. How are you feeling ?" You mumbled, scratching your head.

"Great." He said, faking a smile.

"I'm going home to wash up and everything; And probably bring some necessities in case I have to stay another night someday." You said, a little miffed, before closing the door behind you.

"I should probably feel pains every evening from now on !" Sunggyu joked to himself.

"But then again, there's that Jong Ki fellow .."Sunggyu said, pouting.

...

"Jong Ki ah, I know you're busy and everything, but can't you at least reply me after a whole night ?" You typed, faster than usual.

"Mimi !" You said, bending down to carry the puppy running towards you.

You placed Mimi on your bed, and his head.

"Did the maid feed you last night ? She better have !" You said, not expecting a response.

He was a puppy.

You packed a white tote bag with a tooth brush and toothpaste, and some extra clothes.

Then you quickly took a shower, before returning to the hospital.

While walking, your phone viberated.

You quickly fished it out, hoping it was Jong Ki.

Instead, it was Sunggyu.

"Annyeong annyeong ! Keke .. Could you do me a favour ? ~~" The message read.

Sighing, you typed a reply.

"6 lattes and an americano, I got it ..."

Sunggyu looked at his phone, and grinned.

He typed slowly because he was a right hander, but he's getting the hang of doing things with his left hand.

"Hyung ... You like the nurse unnie, right ?" Sungjong asked excitedly.

"I'm sure you're supposed to call her 'noona', Sungjong .." Sunggyu said, trying to avoid the question.

"Sungjong ah, it's so obvious ~ A dorky smile appears on Sunggyu hyung's face whenever he sees her !" Sungyeol chimed in.

Everyone burst out into laughter, especially Dongwoo.

Dongwoo's laughter was contagious, causing everyone, even Myungsoo, to laugh really hard.

...

"Unnie, what things do you like ?" Sungjong asked you, his eyes twinkling.

"Hmm ... I love the colour white, and I love puppies ~ I have one called Mimi." You said, after a while.

"Really ? Sunggyu hyung's favourite colour is white too !" Woohyun said, winking at Sunggyu.

"And he likes dogs too !" Hoya continued,

"Why'd you name your dog Mimi ?" Myungsoo asked politely.

"I found him on the streets in Taiwan last year, he was terrified." You said sadly.

"I secretly brought him back to Seoul, and had to keep him a secret from my father, but of course he found out after two days .." You said, sighing.

"Secret in mandarin is Mi mi, hence his name." You said, smiling slightly.

"We have three puppies - Jolie, Nurung and Yokik ~" Woohyun said happily.

"I'd like to see them one day," You said, smiling.

Sunggyu's dorky smile appeared again, this time, really obviously.

Woohyun poked Sunggyu, and pointed to his face.

"Hyung, the dorky smile !" Woohyun whispered.

Laughing, you caused the others to laugh too.

Of course, we all know who laughed the loudest ..

Not Dongwoo, but you.

...

"Eun Mi ..." Jong Ki stammered, not knowing what to say.

"Mmm hmm ?" Eun Mi said eagerly.

He hadn't said anything since that morning.

"I have a girlfriend, you know .." Jong Ki said uneasily.

Eun Mi walked over to Jong Ki and lifted his cheek with her index finger.

"Yes. It's me, now." Eun Mi said, before smiling and leaning in.

...

"I should probably go to his house tonight and maybe spend a night there ... And ask for an explaintion, mostly !" You said to yourself.

"~~~~ ... ?" Sunggyu asked softly.

Snapping out of your own thoughts, you quickly turned to Sunggyu.

"Yeah ?"

"Can I go out ?" He asked hopefully.

"Sunggyu-sshi. You're in casts. Not a cast, but TWO casts." You reminded him, sighing.

"But I've been here for so long .. I'm really bored." Sunggyu whined.

"I'll bring you out when your arm recovers., since it'll recover really soon because it's not as badly injured as your leg .." You said, examining his injuries.

"And your cuts and bruises has mostly healed .." You babbled.

"There's probably only a few days left until your arm heals, so wait patiently and heal properly !" You said, smiling.

Sunggyu's heart melted a little, as he eagerly nodded his head.

"You're like a puppy, you know ? Did you learn it from Jolie ?" You teased, patting his head.

Sunggyu's face turned red, for the third time that day.

...

"JAY-OH-EN-GEE-SPACE-KAY-IE ! Where are youuuuuuu" You typed, sending it to Jong Ki.

"Looks like I have to pay someone a little visit tonight .." You scoffed to yourself, a worried Sunggyu overhearing everything.

"Are you o-okay ... ?" Sunggyu asked cautiously.

"Everything's fine," You assured him, smiling.

"For now." You thought.