Chapter 9

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Nightfall came quickly as Seohyun heard the clattering of pots and pans from her room as Kyuhyun started the mission of cooking dinner for the two of them. He had lost previously in the round of ka-wi-ba-wi-bo which is also known as the Rock paper Scissor game in Korea. Seohyun got worried as the clatterings got louder and eventually a weird smell started emitting from the kitchen accompanied with black clouds of smoke. Seohyun rushed into the kitchen knocking into Kyuhyun as he tried putting out the little fire that had developed in the frying pan with a little piece of rag. Seohyun grabbed the nearest cup of water and threw it on the fire succesfully putting it out as black smoke emitted from the remains of a fish that had turned black in the process. Not wanting Kyuhyun to really burn the house down, Seohyun chased him out of the kitchen as she donned an apron and started cleaning up the mess that he had created.

She emerged moments later carrying two plates of jajangmyeon in her hands as Kyuhyun watched with ravenous eyes. Tucking in the instant she set it down on the table, he slurped the noodles as fast as he could getting the sauce all over his face nodding in reply to Seohyun's question of whether it was nice enough. Seohyun watched him eat and shook her head at the mess he was making. Taking out a tissue from the napkin box in front of her, she gently cupped his chin as she wiped his face clean from the black sauce that had splattered everywhere. Kyuhyun beamed revealing black teeths as he tucked in to the delicious noodles again after the face wiping session.

After dinner had ended, Kyuhyun brought out a dvd from his room and popped it into the home theatre system they had in the living room. Seohyun joined him on the couch shortly after as she had finished up the washing and had free time on her hands. It was some crappy horror movie which had ghosts popping out at random sessions with hardly any warnings at all. Seohyun shrieked at certain parts as Kyuhyun laughed at her antics. She grabbed onto his sleeve and used it to cover her eyes as the movie got scarier and scarier with every minute. Kyuhyun snuggled over and placed his arms on her shoulder pulling her in. Using his hands, he covered her eyes for her everytime a scary part was approaching and she happily rested her head on the crook of his neck enjoying the warmth sensation as the night started getting pretty chilly. The gentle thumping of Kyuhyun's heart in his chest slowly lulled her to sleep as she finally couldn't withstand the temptations anymore and closed her eyes.

The movie ended eventually and by the time Kyuhyun had noticed, Seohyun had fallen peacefully asleep on his shoulder as she gently snored away. Not wanting to awaken her up, he gently lowered her head onto his lap and grabbed the nearest blanket from the pile of washing he had dumped on the couch beside them. It was still warm from the dryer and the warmth seemed comfortable as she snuggled closer towards his stomach with her nose gently pressed against it. Kyuhyun smiled as he stretched his arms a little from the tiredness he was starting to experience and bent down to whisper in Seohyun's ears. "Good night my lovely dongsaeng." Puckering his lips, he gently kissed her on the temple and straighten himself up after realising what he had just done. Taking a deep breath to calm the rapid poundings in his chest. he gently cleared his throat a little and closed his eyes slowly allowing sleep to befall upon him.