Chapter 16

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

The car horn sounded noisily below as Seohyun applied on the lip gloss and pressed her lips together. Her image stared back at her in the mirror as she checked through ensuring that everything was perfect. Grabbing her bag off the bed, Seohyun ran downstairs taking 2 steps at the time as Yoona sounded the horn for the 5th time in the day. "Mianhe" Seohyun burst out hurriedly from the door just as Yoona was about to reach for the horn again. Yoona's jaws dropped when she saw how pretty Seohyun looked in her windshield and hurriedly pressed shut as Seohyun opened the door to her car.  "Mianhe Unnie, sorry I took so long to prepare. I had to clean up the horrible mess Kyuhyun made of the kitchen" Seohyun started apologising furiously once she got in the car and Yoona just smiled as she placed a finger on Seohyun's lips silencing her. "Its ok, you are worth the wait." Seohyun stared blankly at Yoona after hearing her reply as Yoona smirked and returned her hand back to turning the steering wheel.

Yoona stopped in front of a large shopping mall and she dragged Seohyun into it as they entered every shop and tried on all sorts of clothings like 2 children being exposed to the playground. Yoona walked out from one of the shop dressed in a leopard print dress as she faked a roar and snapped pictures with Seohyun. The shop keepers in all the shops all bowed and smiled politely at whatever Yoona does and Seohyun finally couldn't take it anymore as she nudged and whispered in Yoona's ear. "Why are the shop keepers all so polite to you? I mean shouldn't they be angry that you are making a mess out of their shops?" Yoona smiled as she donned on a large flowery hat she saw in the corner and stared at herself in the mirror laughing. "Seobaby, you remember we saw the name of the mall outside right?" Seohyun nodded as she looked at Yoona. Yoona snapped more pictures as she asked Seohyun, So what was the name of the mall again?" Seohyun thought hard as she tried remembering the name of this shopping mall. "I think its IM something." Yoona nodded as she removed the hat. "And whats my surname?" Seohyun's jaws slowly dropped as realization hit her "You...you mean.. you mean this mall is..." Yoona nodded as she dragged Seohyun who was still in a daze out of the shop they were in and headed into the next one beside it.

Seohyun finally snapped out of her daze and dragged a very reluctant Yoona into the bookstore on lvl 3. Running over to the self inspiration books corners, she happily dragged Yoona around as she oohed and aahed at every book there is. Yoona stifled a yawn as she tried making an excuse about taking a phone call outside and got dragged back by an excited Seohyun who happily showed her this THICK book by her idol Ban Ki Moon and tried telling Yoona how beneficial it is to to read self inspiration books. Yoona finally bought a few books to shut Seohyun up and thought of the uses she has for these books. Perhaps she can use it when she is having difficulty sleeping, Weighing the books in the hand, Yoona smiled to herself as she found another use for the books she has bought. She can probably use it to smack those so called uncles of hers that always quarrel over puny little stuffs during the meetings in her house.

Whining to Seohyun that she was hungry for the 3rd time, Yoona finally managed to drag Seohyun away from the bookstore to the buffet restaurant upstairs for lunch. Entering the restaurant the two of them nearly got knocked over by a girl who rushed past them carrying two plates in her hands. Apologising profusely to them, she flashed the two of them a smile and headed back to her seats. Yoona tugged onto Seohyun's sleeve as she stared at the girl that flashed past them. "OMO, did you see that eye smile of hers. Woah. I wish I could smile like that." When she realised that Seohyun wasn't responding, she looked up at her face only to see Seohyun staring expressionlessly at the girl that just past by them. Yoona took a closer look only to see the girl picking up a bread roll and stuffing it into a guy's mouth. Yoona's expression got serious when she realised the guy she just saw was Kyuhyun.

Taking Seohyun's hands in hers, Yoona pulled her over to Kyuhyun's table and sat down opposite them as Seohyun tugged on her sleeve indicating softly that she wanted to leave the restaurant. Kyuhyun smiled when he saw Seohyun approaching and Tiffany just stared blankly at Kyuhyun then at Yoona and Seohyun and decided to observe the situation first before speaking up. Seohyun forced out a smile on her face and bowed to Kyuhyun and Tiffany as she greeted them politely "Hi oppa nice to meet you here. This unnie over here is?" Tiffany smiled and extended out a hand to Seohyun, "Hi, I am Tiffany, So you must be Hyunnie's younger sister. I have heard so much about you." Seohyun politely shook her hand as she smiled weakly back and looked at Kyuhyun who was busy picking food off Tiffany's plate. Yoona gently placed her hand over Seohyun to comfort her as Seohyun gripped onto her hands tightly to prevent herself for breaking down right there and then. Excusing themselves, Yoona left the restaurant with Seohyun in tow and Seohyun finally broke down and cried once they were out of sight.

Kyuhyun frowned when he saw Yoona holding Seohyun's hands but quickly dismissed it as he turned back to Tiffany and motioned to her to continue eating. Tiffany's arched an eyebrow as she remember Yoona and Seohyun's expression from just now and nodded as she smiled to herself.'This seems interesting. " Meanwhile outside the restaurant, Yoona was busy comforting Seohyun who was sobbing uncontrollably into her shoulders. Yoona hugged Seohyun as tight as she could without actually injuring her and fought back the urge to cry from the heart ache she was feeling right now from Seeing Seohyun's tears. It took a while before Seohyun managed to stop crying and Yoona released her slowly from her hug and wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her shirt. "I guess that carton of tissue I bought now can finally be put to good use huh" Seohyun broke out in laughter at Yoona's comment and hit her lightly on the arms as Yoona pouted at her "Now can we go and have our lunch? I am starving." Seohyun nodded meekly sniffing back her tears as Yoona wrapped an arm around her shoulder and dragged her to another restaurant to have their lunch.

Yoona gave Seohyun a goodbye hug as she watched Seohyun entering into her doors and got back into her car whispering silently under her breath. "Since he doesn't know how to treasure you, maybe I have to rethink my decision of letting you go just like that."