Chapter 7

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Kyuhyun burst into the infirmary and spotted Seohyun sleeping on one of the beds inside. Sooyoung hurriedly shushed him as she didn't want him to wake Yoona up with his noise. Kyuhyun nodded as he walked over to where Seohyun was and dragged a chair to sit down beside her bed. Looking at the bandages and bruises on her, he felt the guilt and anger whelming within him. Clenching and unclenching his jaws, his face was a mask of fury as he gripped the bed sheets in his fists so tightly his knuckles were slowly turning white.

Feeling the movement beside her, Seohyun slowly opened her eyes and saw Kyuhyun beside her with his eyes closed as he fought to keep his emotions in check. She reached out a hand and gently traced her fingers through his knuckles as she watched it slowly turn from white back to its normal colour. Kyuhyun could feel his anger slowly diminishing from the gentle contact on his hand as he opened his eyes and finally managed to calm himself down.

Taking Seohyun's hand gently into his, he whispered quietly to her. "I am sorry for letting you go through this and for not being by your side when you needed me." Seohyun smiled as she raised a finger to his lips silencing him. "Oppa, its ok. Really. I am much better now, don't worry about me ok? If you really want to do something for me, just stay by my side ok? I feel safe with you around." Kyuhyun nodded gently as he motioned for her to get some rest. He brushed the bangs that had drifted onto her face with his right hand as he intertwined his left with her right. Seohyun slowly closed her eyes and drifted back to sleep once more with the smile still etched on her face.

On the other side of the room, Yoona watched the scene unfold as a drop of tear slowly rolled down from the the corner of her eye. Silently she whispered "So be it then, as long as you are happy." Closing her eyes, she pulled the blanket over her head covering the tears that were streaming uncontrollably down her cheeks.