Chapter 3

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

"Don't you think her eyes somehow looks.... weird?"

Seohyun groaned inwardly as her nostrils flared out from the anger that was slowly rising within her. This was probably the 20th nasty comments she has heard for the day. To make things even worse, she has been experiencing accidental bumps and knocks from the people around her and even the occasional trips as unseen legs will somehow stretch out as she walked past. Unable to take it any further, she excused herself by telling the teacher that she had somehow developed a sudden migrain and needed to pay the school's infimary a visit. Picking her bag which was ripped in places from the bumps and knocks she underwent, Seohyun hurriedly packed her books and notes and left the lecture theatre.

Passing by Kyuhyun's classroom, she glowered at him hoping that glares could kill, as she noticed him tapping on his phone beneath his desk while his admirers just stared amorously at him admiring his every action. Seohyun roamed around in the campus as the anger within her slowly dwindled. Reaching an area sprawling with lush green grass and peppered with trees all around, Seohyun realised that she was lost. With nowhere to go anyway, she took a seat beneath one of the trees as the exhaustion and grievance from the day's events slowly caught up with her. Glistening tears formed in her eyes and hovered for a moment before they fell wetly upon her cheek.

A packet of tissue suddenly appeared before her eyes as they were dangled in front of her face and then dropped onto her lap. He walk towards her right and stretched himself out on the grass beside her. Seohyun turned to her right to thank the person only to realise that its Kyuhyun. The anger that had subsided seethed once more as she swallowed her gratitude words and glared at him mercilessly. He smiled as he closed his eyes and basked in the sunlight that streamed through the branches on the trees. The silence between them lasted for a while as the birds and crickets chirped away merrily in the background. Taking a deep breath to calm herself down, Seohyun ask him what exactly he was doing here when he should be in class at this time. Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulder as he replied "I suddenly developed a sudden migrain and needed to visit the school's nurse at the infimary. Unfortunately for me, fortunately for you I got lost and now I will have to make do with you instead." His smile widened at the last part as a gentle snoring ensued shortly after.

Kyuhyun's hand tapped at the empty spot to his left and motioned for Seohyun to lie down beside him. Sighing inwardly, Seohyun somehow found her body complying with his request even though she somehow was mentally rejecting the idea. As the breeze gently carressed over her face and the sunlight warmed up her body, Seohyun listened to the accompaniment of the gentle snores beside her as the little shuteye she promised herself slowly developed into a slumber.