Chapter 20

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

The machines beeped reflecting every heart beat and every pulse rate of Yoona who was just lying there with her eyes closed in a deep sleep induced by the anesthesia. Seohyun sat by the side of her bed and gently entwined their hands as she flashbacked to the times they spent be it in school or in the past. Seohyun vaguely remembered what Pierre had said but she didn't know who that girl was then, Its all starting to make sense now as Seohyun had always wondered why Yoona was always so overly nice to her starting from the first time they met and why she had always thought she had seen Yoona somewhere before. The memories they shared slowly played like a movie in her mind as she remembered every fun moment they shared, every hug and every thrill in life they went through together as the beeping noise in the background slowly lulled her into a slumber like a soothing lullaby.

Kyuhyun stretched his arms and legs as he exited from the police station after repeating his statement for a countless number of times to the different police officers that interrogated him as though he was the criminal. Remembering that Seohyun was still in the hospital, Kyuhyun flagged for a cab and told the driver to head to the hospital as quickly as he could.

Yoona gingerly opened her eyes as the effects of the anasthesia finally wore off and stared at the white ceiling above her. Her head was still throbbing a little and the would in her neck hurt like hell with every movement she made. Holding her right hand up, she noticed they were connected to machines and drips as she held it to the bandages and forced herself to see why there was a dead weight on her left hand. Turning over a little, Yoona spotted Seohyun holding her left hand tightly in her right and her head rested close to where Yoona's waist was. A smile hung on the angelic face of hers as her eyes remained closed and a little snore emitted from within the depths of occasionally. Yoona smiled to herself as she used her right hand to pull herself up and closed her eyes tightly as the waves of nausea washed over her with the sudden action she made and the wound in her neck flared with pain from the exertion. Gripping firmly onto the metal bar at the right side of her bed, Yoona bit down hard on her lips as she didn't want to wake Seohyun up with any noise that she could possibly emit as she willed the pain and nausea feelings away. The skin around her lips broke and the coppery taste of blood filled as Yoona tightened her grip on the metal bar on her right and took slow deep breaths. It took a moment before the black spots that were previously swimming in front of her eyes dissipated slowly and the pain reduced slightly as it throbbed in sync with every pulse of her heart.

Releasing the grip she had on the metal bar, Yoona turned her body to face Seohyun as she gently brushed back the bangs that had again fallen over her eyes and trace the alphabet Y on Seohyun's arms completing what she had previously wanted to tell Seohyun. Bending over, she gently gave Seohyun a kiss on her cheek just as Kyuhyun pushed open the door to her ward and witnessed the whole incident. The smile on his face faded as anger flashed in his eyes and he pulled Yoona bodily out of the room. Yoona clutched onto her wound as she forced herself to remain standing and maintaing the eye contact she held with Kyuhyun. The anger finally erupted out of Kyuhyun as he screamed in her face "What the hell was that for? Don't think just because you saved Seohyun once I will allow you to have such a deformed relationship with my sister." Raising 2 fingers up, Yoona broke into a weak smirk "Number 1, I saved your sister twice and number 2. I do not have a deformed relationship with your sister. Well not yet. but at least I have the decency to tell her I love her unlike someone that only dares to lead her on and then leave her hanging like that while he fools around with another girl in front of her." The anger in Kyuhyun's eyes dissapeared instantly with the completion of Yoona's words as he slumped down on one of the chair by the hospital's corridor and buried his face in his hands. "I...I can't love her. She's my sister for goodness sake. Plus, the girl of my dream is Tiffany not... not Seohyun. Its just not possible." Tiffany walked down the corridor and sat down beside Kyuhyun as she laid a hand on his shoulder. "Hyunnie, I was here to visit Yoona but I couldn't help overhearing your conversation" Kyuhyun looked up at Tiffany as she smiled and took his hands in hers "Hyunnie, we have both changed greatly over the three years that we spent apart and honestly speaking, after observing you for a few days I am afraid I have to agree with Yoona on this one."

Kyuhyun sat there in shock as Tiffany's words hit him like a bullet to the chest and he tried thinking up various excuses to cover the fact that was staring at him right in the face. "But.. but you are the girl of my dreams not Seohyun." Tiffany smiled as she shook her head and retaliated the pathetic excuses he had thought up. "If I am really the girl of your dreams, you wouldn't leave me there just like that every time Seohyun is sick or in danger." Kyuhyun murmured a but under his breath as his words got cut off by Tiffany. "Hyunnie, let me finish The look on your face has already betrayed you. Do you know how bright your smile is everytime Seohyun is brought into any of the conversations we shared and do you realise how intimidating you look when you dealt with the girl in the canteen yesterday? Plus, The look in your eyes everytime you shared an intimate moment with her is just so blissful that even I can't help smiling along."

The look of defeat registered on Kyuhyun's face as he stood up and laid an arm on Yoona's shoulder. "Take care of her for me. I..I need some time to sort out my thinking first." Walking down the corridor, he bowed his head as low as possible and left the hospital. Tiffany turned her head around sharply as she heard the Yoona slap the wall hard with her palm as she tried to grab hold of something. Rushing over she got there just in time to catch Yoona as she out and collasped into her embrace. Tiffany screamed for the doctor at the top of her voice as she sat on the floor supporting Yoona's as best as she could while watching a growing red patch appearing on the bandages around Yoona's neck.