Chapter 18

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Seohyun changed out of her pj and tried covering up the puffiness of her eyes with make up as she checked herself out in the mirror and left,, satisfied with the final results. Seohyun entered into her afternoon lessons ignoring the casual whispers that she had kind of gotten used to and was about to greet Yoona when she noticed that Yoona had fallen asleep on her table as usual. Sighing, she took Yoona's bag and covered up her drooling face and turned to the front as the lecturer entered and went through the lecture for the day. Seohyun copied down the notes the lecturer had given on her note pad as she tore it out later and copied it again after the lecture had ended. Folding up one copy of the notes, she stuffed it into Yoona's bag and gently nudged her.

Yoona stretched and yawned as she blinked the sleepiness out of her eyes and cricked her neck that had gone stiff from lying in an awkward position for a long period of time. Seohyun pointed to the notes she had copied for Yoona and told her to make sure she studies these as they were the main points for the exams later. Yoona looked down at the hand copied note and then at Seohyun "you copied these by hand? " Seohyun nodded as they headed out of the classroom and walked towards the canteen for a short break before their tutorial started. Yoona smiled as she carefully folded the notes and stuffed it in into the inner pockets of her bag. Draping her right arm around Seohyun she pulled her towards the canteen as she whined "Seobaby, hurry up. I am famished" Seohyun's protest of her not being baby were drowned as Yoona ignored everything she said and dragged her towards the direction of the canteen.

=====================================================================================================================

Yoona walked Seohyun to the T junction that led to their classrooms and gave her a goodbye hug as they both proceeded towards their tutorial rooms. Their tutorial rooms were at different ends of the corridor as they had both chosen different electives. Seohyun waved at Yoona as she proceeded towards her Economics lessons. Arriving outside the tutorial classroom, Seohyun was about to throw open the door when 2 burly students stopped her in mid stride and "invited" her over to the desolated staircase landing nearby her classroom for an impromtu meeting with their boss. Yoona sat in her classroom and promptly sprawled herself on the table and closed her eyes for her usual afternoon nap. The two guys escorted Seohyun over to the staircase landing where a solitary figure sat by himself playing with a menacing looking knife. Seohyun could feel him virtually undressing her with his eyes as he smiled lustily at her and she crossed her finger praying for Kyuhyun or Yoona to come to her rescue.

He litted a cigeratte and Seohyun coughed as he blew the smoke in her face. His henchman flanked her as she scrutinise the area trying to look for a way to escape. A hand slipped across her waist as the boss figure drew her closer and Seohyun wrinkled up her nose as the strong smell of cigeratte and booze radiated off him. She tried pushing his hands away but he was too strong for her as he grabbed a bunch of Seohyun's hair with his other hand and took a whiff. "AH!, what a nice smell!ing hair you have" Seohyun was digusted with his actions and she struggled to break free of his grasp but his henchman pressed down on her shoulder with their hands limiting the amount of movement she can make. Seohyun raised a knee and tried kneeing him in the groin but he sort of anticipated the move and took a step behind before she could even bring her knee up. Clapping his hands at her gesture he nodded his head approvingly "Wow, a feisty one this time. Not bad" Sitting back down on the steps, he tapped on the empty space beside him and his henchmen pushed Seohyun over and pressed down on her shoulder forcing her to take a seat beside him.

Yoona was in the midst of enjoying her nap when she overheard the two students beside her whispering about a recent gossip they saw. Her ears pricked up when the name Seohyun was mentioned and she strained her ears listening in closely to what they have to say "Did you see that Seohyun with Hyo's men just now?" The other girl laughed as though it was the funniest joke in the world "Yeah, she is so dead this time." Yoona stiffened at the mention of Hyo and Seohyun together. Hyo was one of the notorious figure in their school and he was famous for his dirty acts towards the girls in their school. Jolting up her head, Yoona stood up in the middle of lesson and slung her bag over her shoulder. She threw open the door and headed out of the classroom in two strides. The teacher tried to stop her from leaving just like that but a glare from Yoona caused him to pale visibly and he immediately released the grip he had on her shoulder. Running towards Hyo's hideout, Yoona prayed for Seohyun's safety as she barged through students after students and ran as fast as her legs could carry her.

==========================================================================================

Kyuhyun and Tiffany were having their lunch in the canteen when a dark shadow loomed over his table causing them to look up. The girl he had nearly punched the last time stood with her group of friends at a distance with her hands on her hips as she looked smugly at Kyuhyun "There you are, did you really think I will let you off so easily for treating me like dirt the last time?" Kyuhyun glanced at her once and then told Tiffany to ignore her as he returned to shovelling food down his throat.The girl dry laughed a little as she continued mockingly "Ignore me all you want, you will be begging me soon when I tell you that my oppa Hyo is holding Seohyun in his custody as a revenge for your audacity the last time." Before she could even finish her sentence, she found herself being pressed against the wall as Kyuhyun placed the sharp end of the steak knife he was using against her neck and growled in a deep voice "Where the hell has Hyo taken Seohyun to?" Tiffany stared in shock at Kyuhyun's sudden behaviour as she tried calming him down. Kyuhyun roughly pushed her away and returned his focus to the frightened girl in front of him as he tightened the hold he had on her neck. "Speak now or you will never speak again." The noisy canteen quietened down as everyone held their breath and observed the commotion that was happening. Kyuhyun roughly shook the girl with his hands and she finally broke down sobbing as she pointed towards the direction of the staircase landing. Releasing the iron grip he had on her, Kyuhyun sprinted towards the direction of the staircase landing as the girl slumped weakly to the ground. Tiffany stared at the back view of Kyuhyun and shook her head as she extended out a hand to help the crying girl up.

Yoona screeched to a stop as she panted heavily in the corner before recovering and making her entrance known to Hyo and his henchmen. Hyo had an arm over Seohyun's shoulder and was pulling her close to him as he sniffed at the perfume she wore. Closing his eyes for a moment in mock ecstasy, Hyo turned around to glare at whoever it was that dared to interupt him when he was enjoying himself. He smirked as he looked at Yoona who stood in front of him and slowly scrutinised her from head to toe. his lips lustily, Hyo buried his nose into Seohyun's hair taking another breath as he exclaimed "Mmm, another ravishing beauty has came to offer herself to me. It must be my lucky day." Motioning to his two goons to bring her over to him, Hyo watched in amazement as Yoona tossed the first guy over her shoulder as if he was merely a sack of potatoes and followed up with a foot to his chest breaking at least 2 of his ribs. His second henchman managed to get his arms behind Yoona as he lifted her up in the air with a grunt. Kicking out hard with her legs, Yoona smashed the back of her head into his nose and heard the satisfying crunch of his nose bridge breaking as the pain exploded through his head and blood poured freely from his nose forcing him to release his grip on her. A roundhouse kick to his solar plexus easily brought him to his knees as he fell forward and laid still on the ground.

Kyuhyun rushed into the scene just as Yoona had disposed of the 2nd goon and Hyo clapped his hands in glee at the arrival of two of his largest arch enemies in school. Flicking open his knife, he slashed in the air like a conductor waving his baton and leered fervorly at Yoona who stood at an arm's length away from him. Kyuhyun rushed over to try and grab hold of Seohyun but Hyo flicked his wrist and slashed at Kyuhyun's arm. Kyuhyun felt the movement in the air and managed to turn his arm in the nick of time avoiding the full impact of the blade but his arm was still grazed by the tip of the knife. Kyuhyun ignore the pain that flared in his arms as he extended it out fully and managed to grab hold of Seohyun and pulled her over into his embrace. Seohyun shivered in fright inside Kyuhyun's embrace as she tried to forget the ertic acts that Hyo did to her. Kyuhyun pulled her to a corner while Yoona faced off with Hyo as she kicked at the hilt of his knife with the tip of her foot and sent it flying as a smirk played on her face. Looking at Hyo's visibly paler face she taunted him as a cruel smile slowly developed on her face "Not so confident now huh without your trusty blade."  Spinning around on the balls of her foot,  Yoona launch an explosive side kick with her heel to Hyo's kneecap shattering one of it in the process. Dropping down on one of her knees, she closed her fingers into a fist as she drove punches after punches into Hyo aiming for the most vulnerable parts of his head and body. Hyo begged for mercy as the blood poured from his nose and face but Yoona didn't stop until she felt a sharp pain to the side her neck. Holding up a hand to her neck, the blood streamed through her fingers as the first goon keeled over from the pain in his chest from the sudden exertion. A rusty nail slowly slipped from between his fingers and fell onto the floor with a plinking noise.

Seohyun screamed and Kyuhyun rushed over to Yoona's side as he pressed her hand down on the wound in her neck trying to stop the bleeding. Ignoring the pain in his arm, Kyuhyun carried Yoona up swiftly and gestured to Seohyun to follow him as he ran in the direction of the infirmary. Kicking open the door and earning himself a yell from Sooyoung who was happily enjoying her lunch, Kyuhyun gently placed Yoona down onto one of the bed as Sooyoung rushed over to check out Yoona's injury. Kyuhyun went over to Seohyun who was seated on one side of the room as she stared at the injured Yoona not knowing how to react to such a situation. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Seohyun and drew her head onto his shoulder as she finally broke down in his arms from the fear and anxiety she felt. Kyuhyun reassured her of his presence as he drew her closer to him and gently kissed the top of her head. The paramedics arrived shortly after and Yoona was hoisted on the stretcher. Seohyun quickly composed herself as she insisted on accompanying Yoona to the hospital in the ambulance. Holding onto Yoona's hand, Seohyun sat on bench beside Yoona's stretcher and smiled at Kyuhyun as the door slowly closed forcing them to break the eye contact they held.