Chapter 14

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Yoona dragged Seohyun to the dining hall and sat her down. She promptly clapped her hand twice in the air and Seohyun watched as the men in black donned on aprons and brought their dinner out from the kitchen. Yoona turned to ddong ddong who was already tucking into his food as she asked "Where's granddad?" DD looked up and pointed to the stairs as heavy footsteps sounded and an old man bounded down the stairs waving his arms in the air doing some sort of a weird dance. He spotted Yoona and ran over to her immediately. He croaked in a feeble voice as best as he could and held on to Yoona's arms with the saddest look he could muster. "Please don't make me take those vile tasting herbs anymore." Yoona turned to look at the old man as she tried her best to pry his fingers off her hands and screamed "YAH! Grandpa, seriously! Going all aegyo on me with your age DOES NOT and WILL NOT work!" The old man pouted as he turned his attention to Seohyun who stared blankly at the old man whom she thought was very sickly and was resting on bed.

He took Seohyun's hand up and bent down to kiss it with his lips as he tried croaking ily "Enchante Madamoiselle, Je m'appelle Pierre " The bristly hair above his lips tickled Seohyun's hand causing her to snap her back to reality. She quickly withdrew her hand as Yoona tried her hardest not to laugh at her predictament. I thought your name was Marcel the last time." Her granddad shrugged as he whispered softly. "But pierre sounds ier." Seohyun turned to Yoona and whispered in her ears "I thought your grandfather was sick? He looks pretty healthy to me." Yoona gritted her teeth as the old man in front of her stirred at the porridge that was served to him and turned to look at Yoona with a yucky expression on his face. "He merely has laryngitis from singing and drinking too much but he is using this as an excuse to make me do his dirty work for him." Her knuckles gripped the table as she spat out the words and she glared at her granddad who was happily tucking into his dinner. He made the peace sign with his fingers as he stuck his tongue out slowly not daring to look at Yoona.

Dinner was a blast and Seohyun thoroughly enjoyed herself with the antics of Yoona's granddad and the two sidesick Lupin and Ddong Ddong who was more commonly known as DD. Lupin kept them entertained over dinner as he sung the KARA song he loved so much along with the music in his nicest voice but he still sounded horrible. Yoona's granddad got to know Seohyun better over dinner as he asked her a lot of questions about herself. He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned that her name was Seohyun and glanced over at Yoona with a sneaky smile on his face. "AH, so you are Seohyun. I have heard SOOOOOO much about you." Yoona shot a death glare at him silencing him instantly as she tried to turn the conversation back to the dinner they are having. Seohyun looked quizically at Yoona but she just looked down as she piled more food into Seohyun bowl turning it into a little mountain.

The night was getting late as Yoona sent Seohyun back to her door steps and turned to get back to her car. Seohyun called Yoona softly as she enveloped her in a hug. "Thanks for introducing me to your family and thanks for the wonderful day you have given to me. I really feel so much better now." Yoona stood on the steps with a blank look on her face as Seohyun turned and ran into her house, closing the doors behind her. Watching the door close, Yoona's mouth slowly turned up as she smiled and scratched the back of her head embarrasedly.

==============================================================================================

Seohyun got home and noticed that Kyuhyun had fallen asleep on the couch with the tv still on. She turned her phone on and realised she had 20 smses from him. The first one read "What time are you coming back?" The next few were all the same as it read "I AM HUNGRY!!!!! COME HOME AND COOK FOR ME!!!!!!!!" Smiling she scrolled through the messages from him which were pretty much similiar until she got to the last one "Come back quickly. I miss you.>_<" The smile on her face faded as the emotions she thought she had forgotten all rushed back to her in one shot. Bending down, she gently kissed Kyuhyun on his forehead as she whispered softly in his ear "Oppa, I missed you too."

Grabbing a blanket from her room, Seohyun carefully covered Kyuhyun up and got ready to take a shower. Being alone in a huge home makes you sensitive to the noises around you. Seohyun thought she heard the quiet plink of broken glass as she walked over to take a look. A figure in black rushed out from the dark kitchen knocking her down as he covered with his hands preventing her from screaming. He pushed her against the wall as he looked around nervously and placed a finger on his lips shushing her. Seohyun tried screaming but the hand on muffled her sound as the figure frowned angrily. He pushed her onto the ground straddling her as he kept his hand over . Whispering loudly, he glared at Seohyun as he demanded that she brought him to where the valuables were kept if she valued her life enough. Just as he was threatening to cut Seohyun's pretty face with the knife he has on him, he found himself being lifted bodily up as a strong pair of hands caught him by his throat and slammed him against the wall. Seohyun saw Kyuhyun standing behind the man as he lifted him up from her and slammed him hard against the wall. He had an iron grip on the man's throat and Seohyun noticed the man getting paler and paler as he struggled to breathe through the choke hold Kyuhyun had on him. Seohyun hurriedly grabbed Kyuhyun's arm to prevent him from killing the man as she noticed the look on his face. Kyuhyun's eyes were blazing with anger and his expression was as cold as ice. Seohyun hurriedly shook Kyuhyun as hard as she could as she watched his expression slowly soften and he gradually released the grip he held on the figure's neck. The guy slumped to the ground as his legs failed him and landed in a puddle that had gathered beneath his legs when Kyuhyun choked him. Kyuhyun called the police on his mobile and they arrived swiftly and escorted the guy away in handcuffs. The police thanked Kyuhyun for capturing this robber that has been pretty rampant recently in their area and they left with the sirens blazing.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun slumped on the couch tired out from all the commotions that had happened as Seohyun burst into tears as the fear from just now finally hit her. Kyuhyun held Seohyun tightly in his embrace as he spoke gently into her ears comforting and reassuring her with his presence. It was at that very moment when Seohyun finally realised the answer to the dilemma she had been facing all along as her heart spoke out to her. She has fallen deeply in love with Kyuhyun even though he was her brother.