Chapter 15

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

The next day, Kyuhyun woke up and found himself asleep on the couch again. He stretched himself and realised there was a dead weight on his arm. Opening his eyes, he peered at the person in front of him and smiled to himself when he saw who it was. Bending over, he gently kissed her forehead whispering good morning into her ears. Gently removing his arm from beneath her head, he massaged it with his hands as it was now numb and dead to the world and headed to wash up. After he had washed up, he came out and realised Seohyun was still fast asleep. An evil smile slowly crept up his face as he headed towards the kitchen. Trying his best to keep the voice a minimum, he took out a pan and cracked open an egg as he made scrambled eggs over the fire. Kyuhyun added all the sauces he could find in the kitchen to the egg mixture and smirked silently thinking of the fireworks that will appear later. Seohyun woke up as food smells drifted out from the kitchen and panicked as she hurriedly woke herself up and rushed in to ensure the kitchen hasn't burnt down yet. She spotted Kyuhyun with an evil smirk on his face and decided to observe his actions silently. She noticed that the chilli, tomato, pepper, salt and tabasco sauce were all opened and lying on top of the kitchen counter and put two and two together. Retreating back to the couch silently, she covered herself with the blanket as she closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

A loud chicken noise sounded beside her ears as Seohyun jolted up from the couch rubbing her sleepy eyes. Removing her hands, she stared blankly into the smiling face of Kyuhyun as he greeted her good morning with an innoence beam on his face. Kyuhyun took her hand as he rushed her into the bathroom to wash up and he waited patiently outside the door as she washed up. Seohyun finished washing up and decided to keep him waiting for a bit as she took her phone out to read Yoona's sms.

From Yoona :

"Seobaby, lets go for budae jigae today. I have a sudden craving for it PLUS I need to sneak out for a proper break today. I didn't get any yesterday. >_<"

Seohyun smiled as she typed in a reply admist the banging noises Kyuhyun was making outside.

To Yoona :

"I will love to. I'll see you later outside my house ok?"

Tucking the phone back into her pocket, Seohyun slowly opened up the door as Kyuhyun bounded in front of her and took her hand again as he lead her to the dining table where a plate set beneath a silver cover, Kyuhyun pulled the chair for her as he sat her down carefully and whipped the cover up with a flourish of his arms and motioned her to try. Seohyun peered at the red coloured scrambled eggs in front of her eyes as she poked and saw it wobble a little, leaking red egg sauce. She smiled as she motioned Kyuhyun to sit down beside her and picking up the fork and knife off the table, she carefully cut a large piece as she poked it with her fork and offered it to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun hurriedly shook his head pretending that he wasn't hungry as he gestured at her to take a bite. Seohyun smiled as she nodded her head towards the fork and offered it to Kyuhyun again. "Oppa, say AHHH" Kyuhyun clammed his mouth shut tightly as he tried rejecting the food in front of him. Seohyun dropped her smle as she reached out for Kyuhyun's cheeks, forcing his mouth to open as she stuffed the large piece of scrambled egg into his mouth in one fluid movement. Kyuhyun ran for the basin as he gagged and choked at the horrible taste of weird sauce and eggs in his mouth as Seohyun laughed at the expression on his face. Gingerly poking at the scrambled eggs in front of her, Seohyun took a sniff at it as she wrinkled her nose in digust at the strong tabsaco and sesame oil smell that whiffed out from the egg. Taking a small piece in and putting in , Seohyun chewed once and hurriedly grabbed a piece of tissue to spit it out as she pushed the plate away.

Kyuhyun returned from gargling his mouth and glared at Seohyun as his joke failed. Before he could say anything, he felt his phone vibrate as he took it out and stared at the message on the phone. The expression on his face turned as he hurriedly stuffed the phone into his pocket and rushed into his room. He ran out a short while later and screamed at Seohyun that he was leaving the house to meet up with his friend. Seohyun looked puzzled as she nodded slowly watching as his back view slowly faded into the distance. She cleared the plates from the table and went up to her room to change as she prepared herself for Yoona's arrival.

Kyuhyun stared at the message on his phone as he rushed the cab driver to speed up a little. "Honey, I am on my way back! Missed me much? I will be touching down today at 11am. Wanna come fetch me?" Kyuhyun leaned back against the chair as the memories flashed back to 3 years ago.

//Flashback

Kyuhyun held Tiffany's hand as they walked down the noisy walkway of the airport slowly. The expression on his face was solemn as he held on to her hands tightly in his not wanting to let her go just like that. They had been dating for the past 1 year and all was well until Tiffany's dad decided to take up the job offer in US and moved his whole family over to live with him. Kyuhyun had begged Tiffany to stay and he swore he would take care of her but she insisted on leaving with her parents since it had always been her dream to study medicine and she was offered a spot in the University of Pennysylvania. Between her dreams and love, she decided to choose her dreams.  Eventually they reached the end of the walkway as Tiffany slowly opened her hands releasing the grip he had on her. Kyuhyun tried for the last time to make her stay as he pulled her into his embrace but she gently patted his back as she pulled herself away and turned her back on him. A drop of tear slowly slide down her cheek as she brushed it away with her fingers and muttered an apology to Kyuhyun under her breath as she heard him break down behind her.

//End of flashback

Kyuhyun ran into the arrival halls as bunches after bunches of people walked out and waved at their friends/family. Craning his neck, he kept a lookout for a familiar face as he stood on tiptoe and tried to make himself visble amongst the hugging crowds around him. His neck and feet grew tired after a while as he slowly stood down and sighed as he glanced his watch. "Shoot! I must have missed her already." Taking out his phone, he was about to call her when he felt someone tap on his shoulder behind him. He turned around with an irritated look on his face as he opened his mouth preparing to scold whoever it was that had disturbed him. HIs eyes got in contact with the familiar eye smile he had once loved so much as the expression frozed on his face. The owner of the eye smile started pouting when she noticed the irritated expression Kyuhyun wore "Aww my hyunnie is unhappy with me. Maybe I should return back to the States." Turning her back, she pretended to walk away slowly as Kyuhyun grabbed her arms and pulled her tightly into his embrace.