Chapter 5

Impossible Love (Hiatus)

Seohyun was one of the first few to arrive in school as she didn't like coming late. Before she could step into the gates of the school, she felt a presence behind her as her hair was forcibly yanked backwards as someone dragged her with her hair into a seculded spot behind the campus. She was slammed forcefully on the fences around and got her arms nicked by the barb wires that stuck out at places. Before she could react, she was forced to the ground as a group of girls gathered around her and called her really horrible names that were not worth mentioning. Seohyun tried to curl herself up as best as she could, shrivellling up in a corner as she looked around helplessly for someone to walk past and stop this nonsense from continuing. Not wanting to give them the satisfaction of seeing her cry, Seohyun bit down hard on her lower lips, tasting the coppery taste of blood on her tongue.

As the group grew bolder, they threw in a few kicks here and there as they closed in the circle. The leader drew her arm back, closing her hands into a fist but before she could imprint her fist into Seohyun's face, a bag hit her squarely in the back as a pair of black leather boots dangled down from the tree above and dropped into the middle of the circle they had created. The wearer of the boots yawned as she picked up her bag nonchalently, dusted off the leaves and grass and slung it over her shoulder in one fluid movement. Half the group had scattered when they realised who the wearer of the boots was and the other half gathered around their leader as they tried to keep up the brave front. The figure smirked when she noticed their wobbly knees and took a step towards them crushing their filmsy courage and sent them running  home to their mommies.

Noticing sounds emanating from behind her, the figure turned and saw Seohyun hugging her knees and tucking her head between it. She smiled as she walked over to the sniffling Seohyun and sat down beside her. Putting an arm over her shoulder, she drew her head into her shoulders gently as the sniffling girl finally broke down and erupted into loud sobs that echoed around the trees surrounding them.

It felt like an eternity to her as she felt her arms slowly growing numb and dying from staying at the same position for a long period of time. The sobs gradually died down as Seohyun finished releasing all the tension and fear she had been harbouring, The figure massaged her tired arms as she glanced at her watch and realised the time. Grabbing Seohyun's uninjured arm, she dragged her into campus screaming as they were now horribly late for school.