; TRAITOR

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. It comes from friends and loved ones."

 

“Why’d you have to come?” Wonho muttered sitting in the back seat of the car. Hyungwon was stationed at the steering wheel and was listening to the directions that Kihyun gave from the passenger seat.

“Because Shownu doesn’t trust you at the moment. That and your little friend can’t drive at the moment,” Hyungwon responded, taking a turn down another street. The surroundings were becoming less familiar as Kihyun led them on the outskirts of town. One of his hands was resting on his shoulder which radiated with pain from the earlier scuffle.

“He’d be able to drive if I.M hadn’t tried to kill him,” Wonho snapped.

“The gun wasn’t loaded,” Hyungwon informed, “Besides he wasn’t going to kill him. Shownu just wanted to know if we really could trust someone from the Blooded Shadows. Speaking of which, are you sure this is the right way.”

“In order to get to Minhyuk? Yes,” Kihyun clarified, rolling his shoulder back. “We have more than one headquarters. Minhyuk’s been at ours for a few weeks. It was safer.”

“Safer for what?” Hyungwon arched an eyebrow. “Where is Minhyuk usually based.” Kihyun turned his head and gazed out the window, refusing to answer his question. Hyungwon sighed quietly and gripped the wheel firmly.

“We’re putting out trust in you, you should be returning the favour.” Kihyun’s phone suddenly vibrated in the centre console. He reached over and read the caller id. He pressed the decline button and sat up straight. He his lower lip, the device vibrating in his hand. “Seems someone is trying to get your attention. Answer it.”

“Hyungwon –” Wonho began but Kihyun had already answered the phone.

“Hello,” Kihyun answered.

“Where are you?” a voice demanded. “You better get your here now.”

“Minhyuk…” Kihyun began, “I’m almost there.”

“You better be, go to the consultation room.” The line went dead. Kihyun bit the inside of his lip, his nerves churning in the pit of his stomach. The consultation room was used when Minhyuk wanted to address the entire clan that resided under the roof of the sector.

“He sounds angry with you,” Hyungwon commented.

“He has been lately…turn right onto the dirt road here.” The car jerked to the side as Hyungwon turned the wheel, the vehicle bumping along the uneven road. They trekked down the road until they came up to the front of a large set of gates, a wire around the top. “You can’t go passed the fence. Stop the car here.”

“You sure have your security set up out here,” Hyungwon muttered.

“I believe that was the reason why it was the safest location. It is an old army training camp that isn’t used anymore. It wasn’t big enough.” Kihyun undid his seatbelt as the car came to a halt. “You might want to stay in here.”

“Minhyuk was the one who wanted the alliance, Shownu accepted his offer. We’re going in,” Hyungwon stated.

“Actually maybe it’s not a bad idea to just wait,” Wonho interrupted, “We are coming onto his territory uninvited.”

“You think they’re going to ambush us?” Hyungwon stared at Kihyun, narrowing his eyes, a look of distrust spread across his face. “Hiding something Yoo Kihyun?”

“Not at all,” was the response.

“Then you’d have no issue with us coming in?” he probed before casting a look over his shoulder at Wonho, “Unless you would like to stay in the car of course?”

“No, no, no, I’ll go wherever I’m needed.” Hyungwon nodded his head once then got out of the car first and closed the door behind him. Wonho gazed at him for a moment as he took his seatbelt off.

“Any ideas?” he asked.

“Frankly at this stage, I’m somewhat worried. It would be easier if I could speak to Minhyuk alone first,” he said honestly.

“What’s the probability of him killing us?” Wonho inquired.

“Honestly? A little high.” Kihyun got out of the car, his shoes crunching on the ground as the crisp air surrounded him. Wonho scrambled out of the vehicle and walked up behind Kihyun.

“Is your gun at least loaded?” Wonho whispered, gesturin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter