; SUSPECT

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​"It's easier to forgive an enemy than a friend."

 

Wonho narrowed his eyes slightly and pounded his hands on the table, in an attempt to look menacing. His fair hair fell across his forehead and into his eyes as he leaned forward.

“Even if you had the…skills to do so would you really do it here?” he raised an eyebrow.

“It was a joke,” Kihyun put his mug down and looked up at Wonho. “Don’t you have jokes in The Void?” Wonho sat up straighter and leaned into the back of the seat.

“Of course we do…just not with someone from the Blooded Shadows. If anyone shouldn’t know how to joke it’s you. You’re clan is a bunch of killers.”

“Not all of us,” Kihyun defended. “I’m not.”

“Really? You could’ve fooled me,” Wonho said.

“There was a possibility that I may not have killed you…perhaps…most likely. Probably seriously injure,” Kihyun finished and turned his eyes away, embarrassed by his own confession. Wonho cleared his throat awkwardly and shifted in the seat.

“Oh…sorry…” he trailed off and returned his eyes to the dark haired boy. “Um…how is your leg then I suppose?”

“I’m still walking so I’ll be fine,” Kihyun replied, taking another sip of his warm drink. He avoided looking Wonho eyes, slowly beginning to get up to leave. However when he stood up his eyes met someone who he never thought he would see.

“Jeong,” Kihyun exclaimed. The older man stood alone, glasses covering his eyes. Although he appeared alone, Kihyun knew that there would be others around.

“Yoo Kihyun,” Jeong acknowledged, “Sit.” He gestured to the seat that he had previously been resting in. Wonho looked up at him, slightly confused about the ordeal going on in front of himself.

Kihyun slowly sat back down and glanced over to Wonho for a moment. He made a small movement of his head as a way of telling him to leave.

“Go,” he uttered. Jeong’s attention seemed drawn to the blonde male as he studied him.

“No,” he ordered, “You stay too. What I have to say, you both can hear.” Jeong slid into the seat next to Wonho who shuffled further down the long stall seat.

“How did you know where I would be Jeong?” Kihyun tapped his finger against the side of his takeaway mug.

“I have my sources Yoo Kihyun,” he informed, “How I find you is my business. Now, I have been recently told of little escapade.”

“I can assure you I don’t know –”

“Don’t interrupt, it’s unbecoming,” Jeong snapped. Kihyun quickly fell silent.

“Whatever Minhyuk has you trying to do, I would suggest that you don’t try it again,” Jeong watched him carefully. “I have been at this a lot longer than your little club.”

“And how can you tell that your sources are always well informed?” Wonho turned his face to Jeong.

“The fact that Kihyun knows what I am talking about tells me that my informant is correct,” Jeong snarled, “However I must admit I wasn’t informed of your presence.” Wonho’s mind quickly flashed back to the night he had jumped into Kihyun’s car. Kihyun had stated he was on a mission.

“Shouldn’t that prove that your informant was wrong?” Jeong seemed taken back for a moment.

“What are you doing?” Kihyun stared at Wonho. Unlike Wonho, Kihyun’s shoulders were tense and his skin had paled slightly.

“I am telling the truth,” Wonho lied. “If you really want to know why Kihyun…” he said slowly in hopes he remembered the name correctly, “was there. It was because I was dealing drugs to him.”

“Drugs?” Jeong repeated. “You’re not from the same sectors.”

“No!” Wonho shook his head, almost sounding offended.

“Well I think we are done here then,” Jeong turned his face to Kihyun, “Make sure your superior is aware that any attempt on my life will result in severe consequences.” He stood up and moved away from them. He paused for a moment and turned back towards them. “We’ll meet again.” His final saying was directed towards Wonho who remained seated.

Kihyun waited until Jeong was out the door before he stared at Wonho bewildered. Wonho however didn’t seem to take much notice of his panicked expression.

“Charming man wasn’t he?” Wonho shook his head.

“You’re an idiot.” Kihyun stood up. “Do you have any idea who he was?”

“Jeong?” Wonho guessed, “Clearly someone you’re scared of.”

“I’m not scared of him,” Kihyun quickly objected as he reached out to grab the envelope of money. “I am concerned for my safety around him. If he wants you dead then you’re dead.”

“Is that why you were trying to kill him?” Wonho rose up from the seat and stared at him. Kihyun suddenly grasped Wonho’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter