; MISSION

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you feel your life is in danger, fire your weapon."

 

Wonho’s bed was uncomfortable. More than uncomfortable. He was constantly rolling over on the mattress, going through a cycle of pushing and pulling his blanket over his body. He had tucked his pillow beneath numerous parts of his body to completely neglecting the stuffed item. He currently sat on the edge of his bed, his hair messily falling on his forehead.

Slowly he stood, taking hold of a hoodie that was lying on the floor, tugging it over his loose shirt. Without putting on shoes, he exited his small bedroom, not really having a destination. He hurried up the stairs that led up the building. They twisted and turned, passing various floors used not only to house other members but consisted of storage and mundane rooms.

His heart held tight in his chest as he harshly pushed open the door that led to the roof. Cold air smacked his face and he drew in a sharp breath. It wasn’t musty like the air circulating through his room, yet it was just as difficult to breathe in. He wore shorts, therefore the breeze on the roof caused goose bumps to rise on his skin.

Above Wonho’s head, the sky was growing dark. The lights of the city winked in the distance and the fading light illuminated the top of the roof. His feet were numb as he shuffled forward, towards the stone edge that surrounded the rim. He sat down, resting his back against the cool stone. His hands were placed on his knees and his eyes flickered up towards the sky.

“I don’t know what to do Kihyun,” Wonho uttered into the night. The traffic below was the only sound that replied. “Am I supposed to stay here?”

Wonho his bottom lip and glanced down, pulling his knees closer to his chest. He exhaled gently, eyes focused on the dark ground. He had shielded himself from most of the wind but there was still a chill that caused him to shiver.

“I don’t actually have anywhere else to go,” he uttered gently. “I joined The Void for money. I would run drugs. Then my family found out; they were so disappointed. Told me if I ever stepped foot in the house again, they would call the police.”

He paused to take a soft breath. He closed his eyes in order to ease up the burning sensation. He sniffled, rubbing the edge of the hoodie’s sleeve against his nose. Swallowing heavily, he then folded his arms around his legs.

“I couldn’t go back home. The Void was all I had left. I suppose I was grateful that someone wanted me, even if it was to sell drugs.” His fingers felt stiff as he hugged himself. “I was going to leave, when everything was over. But now, I’m not so sure.”

Wonho fell silent, placing his head down on the top of his knees. His eyes felt heavy and his skin stung. He didn’t feel cold, but there was the desire to be held. He could feel warm tears, spilling from his eyes onto his bare knees.

Most people would kick and scream in anger. But he wanted to run. His voice felt like it had been stolen from him. He couldn’t say anything to anyone. And yet, he wanted someone by his side. He wasn’t made for the dangers that came with being involved in crime. He wasn’t made for the pain that would ensue.

He felt the body by his side before he heard them approach. His body stiffened as they folded an arm around his trembling body. He didn’t look up at the figure, but rested his head on their bony shoulder.

“What are you doing out here?” came Hyungwon’s voice. In his friend’s arms, Wonho relaxed his body.

“I needed air,” Wonho murmured.

“I.M notified Shownu,” Hyungwon stated softly, “I also have some information about the attack if you want to know.” In response, Wonho nodded his head quietly. “Jeong infiltrated the base. A lot of people were killed, including Jeong. Some of Jeong’s old members have been seeking out Shownu since they’re left without a leader or protection. Apparently, it’s a mess.”

“Do they know what happened to Kihyun?”

“I.M and Minhyuk have been keeping in contact with one another,” Hyungwon replied. “Are you sure you want to know right now?”

“Tell me.” Hyungwon looked down at the male who was curled up against his side, biting his lower lip.

“Kihyun arrived there during the attack. He helped get Minhyuk out and stayed behind to pass on the message to the others,” he paused. “According to Minhyuk, Jeong killed him before the explosives went off.” Wonho pushed himself upright, wiping his eyes.

“I think I want to talk to Minhyuk,” Wonho informed. He expected the young boy to argue with him. To tell him that he was doing the wrong thing. But to his surprise, Hyungwon nodded his head.

“I’ll get I.M to arrange it for tomorrow. You need sleep. When was the last time you got a decent rest?” The question was rhetorical as Wonho himself knew it had been a few days since he had, had a proper sleep. He managed to get a few hours every now and again, but he couldn’t seem to relax his body properly.

“I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter