; RECONCILIATION

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If there is to be reconciliation, first there must be truth."

 

“He looks exhausted,” Hyungwon said as he leaned against the door frame that lead into the meeting room. Slumped against one of the chairs was Kihyun with his head against the arm of the couch. It had been a few days since they had been to the cemetery and this seemed to be the first time he had gone to sleep.

Wonho stood behind Hyungwon, his arms folded over his chest. He shrugged his shoulders slightly and glanced away, breathing out a light sigh.

“So? He’s the one who hasn’t been sleeping,” he responded.

“Have you spoken to him at all?” Hyungwon asked.

“No,” Wonho answered, “He hasn’t tried speaking to me.” Hyungwon rolled his eyes at the older male’s response and turned to face him.

“He obvious knows you’re mad at him for whatever reason. He’s probably allowing you to sulk,” Hyungwon smirked. Wonho parted his lips in shock and huffed.

“I don’t sulk,” he mumbled. “Besides it’s none of your business. Don’t you have somewhere to be?”

“Ah yes, sulking requires being alone. In that case I suppose I could do something useful,” Hyungwon replied. He shoved his hands into his pockets and started walking down the hallway, taking one final look over his shoulder at Wonho.

The dyed blond stepped forward, taking Hyungwon’s place in the doorway. His gaze flickered across the curled up frame that was Kihyun. His hair was messy and the first three buttons of his shirt were undone. Kihyun’s chest rose and fell gently as he breathed quietly.

Wonho remained in the doorway until Hyungwon’s footsteps had faded before he entered the room. He strolled closer to Kihyun, his hand reaching out to grasp the phone lying on the edge of the couch. He pressed the centre button, seeing that there were no missed calls or messages.

His brown eyes tore away from the screen and onto the male’s resting body. He exhaled, slipping the phone into the pocket of his coat. He may as well allow him to sleep without any distractions, he thought to himself. Wonho turned to leave when he felt something tug at his pants.

Looking over his shoulder he glanced down at Kihyun, whose eyes were partially open and his hang grasping the back of his pants near his knee. There was little resistance but Wonho didn’t move away from the tired male. Kihyun shifted on the couch, his eyes trailing up to stare back at Wonho.

“Hoseok,” he murmured, his voice only just above a whisper, “Stay with me?”

“I can’t,” Wonho whispered, “You should rest.”

“I can’t. Please stay, at least until I fall asleep.” Kihyun’s hand slackened from the position it was in, and his fingers uncurled around the fabric of Wonho’s pants. The white haired boy felt as though his feet were frozen to the ground. He peered at the door then down at Kihyun. Slowly he sat down at the other end of the couch. He was expecting Kihyun to remain in his current position but the brown haired boy adjusted himself, turning around and rested his head softly on Wonho’s thigh.

Kihyun’s eyes fluttered shut with one hand sliding behind Wonho’s knee. He breathed out deeply, curling against the other male. Wonho’s shoulders had stiffened at his actions and he pressed his lips together. He was only staying here until Kihyun fell asleep, he constantly repeated over and over in his head.

“I’m sorry,” Kihyun mumbled, “For whatever I said or did to upset you.” Wonho was silent. He leaned against the back of the couch, making himself comfortable for the time being. “They say I’m a traitor. I went behind my leader…my best friend’s back. I betrayed everyone and still think I have the right to put things back in order. Maybe I am…maybe I am a traitor.”

“You’re not,” Wonho argued.

“That’s not how they see it. But…all I know is I did what I had to do.”

“Do you regret anything?” Wonho enquired.

“Everyone regrets something,” Kihyun uttered quietly. “There are lots of things I regret. To a degree I regret joining the Blooded Shadows. But at the same time, I am grateful.”  

“Why would you be grateful?”

“Because I got to meet you Hoseok,” Kihyun answered. He brought his knees closer to his own body for more warmth, “Even though you’re angry with me, I’m still glad I know you. I’m glad there is someone else that I don’t want to see hurt.” Kihyun’s voice trailed off, which signalised that he wanted to sleep. Wonho didn’t mind though; he didn’t know what to say in response.

It seemed to be a few mere minutes before Wonho was convinced that Kihyun had drifted off to sleep. The sleeping boy didn’t stir, leaving his head and hand to rest against his body. Wonho brushed his fingers tips lightly across Kihyun’s cheek, pushing his hair back.

“I don’t want to see you hurt. That’s what scares me the most,” he whispered even though he knew he wouldn’t be able to hear, “I know you love Minhyuk and you want him out of harm’s way. But…I love you, and I want you to be safe.”

 

 

I.M darted down the halls, biting on his lower lip. It was mayhem, people were arguing with one another and Kihyun hadn’t stepped in to solve anything. He had been told by Hyungwon that he was resting in the meeting room last, but that had been a few hours ago. The sun was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter