; REUNION

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time endears but cannot fade the memories that friends have made.

 

The hands on the clock moved slowly, lethargically slipping over to the next second. Forty minutes had passed since Minhyuk had given Kihyun the ultimatum; the decision that would decide everything for him. His body was crouched on the floor, his hands placed on his knees.

The ticking of the clock did little to assist his thought process. There were several things to consider. He was angry at himself for not making this an easy choice. Twice he had already stood up, reading to face Minhyuk with his answers, but both times he had slumped back on the floor.

The first time he had chosen to go with Wonho and leave the Blooded Shadows with him, without so much of another thought. But then damned I. M’s words had to plague his mind, asking him if what he was doing was something he was certain he could give up. Could he really just walk away from everything?

It would break Minhyuk’s heart if he left, he thought. After Minhyuk’s mother had allegedly left, Kihyun had made sure to be by his friend’s side. He wasn’t normally the first one to provide comfort but he knew when his friend was hurting, it was something he knew he would try and assist with if he possibly could.

Now he felt like he was stabbing Minhyuk in the back; twisting a blade into his heart. If he left, Minhyuk would be alone, with no family or friend. Not only that, but Kihyun would lose his own childhood friend. When he thought about it, for the longest time, Minhyuk was the only other person he cared for, aside from himself.

He had so many memories with Minhyuk. Such as the time snuck into the cinema. It had been nearly Minhyuk’s thirteenth birthday and he had never been to the cinema. Knowing that Minhyuk’s father thought it was a ridiculous idea, without asking, the two boys had snuck off and slipped into the cinema. They recalled laughing in the back corner, quietly whispering to themselves.

Kihyun couldn’t remember what movie it had been, but he remember how happy he had been that day with his friend. He then thought of the scolding he had received from his parents after they had been caught by the security guard.

“He’s my brother,” Kihyun had lied to the guard. The pure bliss that had flashed across Minhyuk’s face was something he wouldn’t ever forget. The security guard had then proceeded to call Kihyun’s parents, telling them that they needed to pick them up.

The two of them had been sitting in the back of the car, Kihyun’s mother, telling the both of them off. Neither of them had regretted their actions for a second. The adults frustration nothing but a distorted muffle in the background as they exchanged a sign of knowing.

A frown formed on Kihyun’s face. That day had begun with the promise of enjoyment, however once Minhyuk returned home, his father had been furious. And not because he had caused trouble in the cinema. Kihyun never found out the details of what happened when Minhyuk returned home; nor did he see the other boy for a few weeks. When he had finally met up with Minhyuk once more, the young boy told him how his father thought it was time for him to start learning how to properly run his father’s organisation.

“My father doesn’t think I should be acting like a child,” Minhyuk had told him. A cheeky smile had formed on his lips, indicating that Minhyuk hadn’t completely given up his childish ways. Kihyun would like to have said that he maintained his childhood innocence, but he knew that Minhyuk had seen and done some terrible things to get where he was now.

Kihyun was glad whenever he saw glimpses of the boy he knew as a child but it was heavily overshadowed by the shield that Minhyuk put up around himself. That was something that Kihyun understood; he knew why Minhyuk shielded himself from others. It was affirmation that he wouldn’t get hurt.

Now Kihyun was contemplating as to whether or not he would hurt Minhyuk. He truly wanted to avoid wounding either of the people he cared for, but Minhyuk was being unreasonable. His only other option was that Wonho would hopefully understand.

Slowly he rose to his feet, pursing his lips together. He pushed open the door and glanced down the hallway, seeing that it was free of anyone. He had to be quick he thought. Darting out of the room, he made his way back towards the computer lab.

He was both glad and disappointed to find that Wonho was still there. He was sitting at a computer, a computer game displayed on the screen. He turned his head, startled when someone stood in the room but relaxed to see that it was Kihyun.

“Is everything okay, was he angry?” Wonho asked.

“Hoseok, we need to talk,” Kihyun said to him.

“I guess he didn’t take it well, maybe if I talk to him –”

“No, that’s not going to help,” Kihyun shook his head. “He doesn’t want anything more to do with The Void. He appreciates the help, but he still doesn’t trust you.”

“He doesn’t trust us?” Wonho repeated, letting out a sigh.

“Think of it from his point of view, he just found out he had several spies working for Jeong. He’s on edge and I’m not entirely sure he knows what to do,” Kihyun started, “There’s also a conflict of interest as he and I.M have history.”

“I.M? He knows I.M?” Wonho got to his feet and folded his arms over his chest.

“Apparently they don’t have a very good relationship. I don’t know what happened since it must have occurred while Minhyuk was on one of his business meetings,” Kihyun explained.

“So, Minhyuk doesn’t trust The Void, what’s the issue with us seeing one another?” Wonho studied the smaller boy who fell silent. He was shifting from one foot to the other, his gaze avoiding his own.

“Minhyuk told me I had to make a decision; you or him.” Wonho felt his heart plummet into his stomach. He only managed to make an ‘oh’ sound. “I don’t want to chose between you, but I can’t reason with Minhyuk, not at this point in time.”

Kihyun’s body trembled, indicating to Wonho just how much this meant to him. He walked forward, wrapping his arms around him. Kihyun’s fingers clasped the fabric of Wonho’s shirt, gripping it tightly in his hands as he buried his head into his chest.

“I’ve thought about it, and I don’t want to do it,” Kihyun murmured.

“You don’t need to choose between us Kihyun,” Wonho responded. “Stay with Minhyuk, he needs your help. Once this whole thing blows over, then we can leave. We’ll talk to him.”

“I don’t know, lying to him before didn’t work so well last time,” Kihyun glanced up at him.

“Last time was unplanned, this time we know what we’re going to do,” Wonho countered, “He needs you more than me at the moment. Help him. We’ll keep in contact anoth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter