; EXPOSURE

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everyone's true colours show eventually."

 

“Kihyun!” Wonho called out as the dark haired male pulled the trigger. Jooheon’s shoulders were hunched forward as he slumped against the wall, his body trembling.

“I don’t know where Jeong is! He’s after a chip!” Jooheon yelled. I.M stepped forward, his eyes wide in surprise. He stared at Jooheon’s chest where the Blooded Shadows’ member had been aiming but saw that nothing was there.

I.M’s gaze slid across to the gun positioned in Kihyun’s hand, seeing that his finger was tightly clamped around the trigger. No bullet had fired, he thought.

“It wasn’t loaded,” I.M stated. From behind Kihyun, Wonho exhaled a gentle breath and dropped his hands down by his side. Kihyun tucked his hand into his pocket and removed a handful of bullets that he had concealed from sight.

“I removed them,” Kihyun clarified. Jooheon peeled his eyes open, his dark eyes wandering down to his chest, seeing that it was clear of any wounds. He slid down the wall, landing on the floor. His knees felt weak and he couldn’t hold himself up any longer.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Wonho enquired hurriedly. Kihyun seemed to be thrown into silence as he stared at the blond boy. He parted his lips to speak but no words left his lips. He glanced over at I.M who simply held his hands up, as to say that he was on his own with that explanation.

Kihyun placed his weapon away, along with the handful of bullets. He rubbed the back of his neck, unable to make eye contact with Wonho. He didn’t know why he was feeling a sense of guilt for not informing Wonho of his plan, even though it had been a last minute thought. Perhaps it was the look of betrayed that was reflected in his eyes; he had seen that same look at the cemetery.

“It only occurred to me when we were coming down here. I didn’t think Minhyuk would approve of me killing him since he only had him locked up. If he wanted Jooheon dead, he would have already gone through with it,” Kihyun uttered.

Wonho’s flinched at the very mention of Minhyuk’s name and he curled his hands up into fists by his side. Stop being such a fool, he recited in his head. Kihyun cared for Minhyuk more than he would him so it only made sense that he would do whatever it took to honour his decisions. He shouldn’t be surprised since they had known one another much longer than Wonho had known Kihyun.

“How do you know that is what he would’ve wanted?” Wonho muttered.

“I don’t. I do know that he wouldn’t be too impressed if I made a mistake either way. It is best to stay safe,” Kihyun informed.

“Now that, that is cleared up,” I.M began, “Perhaps some light can be shed on whatever this chip has on it?” It took Kihyun a moment to register what I.M meant before nodding his head in agreement.  He peered down at Jooheon, who was stationed on the ground with his back against the wall.

“You know what Jeong is after?” Kihyun questioned. Jooheon exhaled a heavy breath and rested his hands on his knees.

“Theoretically, I swear. I’ve heard him mention it a few times. There is information on a disc or chip that Lee Minhyuk’s family had attained. I don’t know what was on it. Whatever it was though, I suspect it was why the Blooded Shadows have stayed as active for as long as they have been. Didn’t you find it strange how you never had to pay off the police to turn a blind eye?” Jooheon asked.

“I never really thought about it. It isn’t my place to question Minyhuk’s actions,” Kihyun stated. Although, now that it had been pointed out, it did explain some of their rules, particularly the one in regards to if they were caught they wouldn’t be receiving assistance. It was because there was no need.

His train of thought was suddenly broken when he heard the sound of his phone go off. He felt his pocket but found that it wasn’t there. He snapped his head around to see that Wonho had it in his hand.

“It’s an unidentified number,” Wonho stated, holding the rectangular cell phone out to Kihyun. Hesitantly he took the phone, pressing the talk button. His eyes remained on Wonho as he answered the call.

“Yoo Kihyun speaking,” he spoke into the receiver.

“Kihyun…that’s why Minhyuk was so smug about seeing the phone number,” he heard the voice on the other end hiss.

“Jeong,” Kihyun greeted, “I’ve been expecting you to call. You took longer than I anticipated.”

“Let’s cut to the chase, do you have it?” Kihyun was silent for a moment; Jeong didn’t know exactly what was meant to be in the box. He his lower lip, swapping the phone to his other ear.

“I might,” Kihyun responded va

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter