; TRUTH

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The only thing more shocking than the truth are the lies people tell to cover them up."

 

Minhyuk sat on the bed inside the room he had been locked in. His eyes kept wandering towards the camera stationed in one of the corners. He didn’t necessarily see the point of having surveillance on him considering he couldn’t get out of the room. Even if he did, he was aware that there would be people at the door. 

The only time that the doors were opened was when someone was coming inside to feed him. Aside from that, he was left alone. There was a small bathroom attached to the room so he had no reason to leave currently.

His wound had started to heal within the few days he had been inside and he had been given a change of clothing so that he didn’t have to remain wearing the blood stained shirt.

Minhyuk leaned against the head of the bed, his eyes darting away from the camera to the crumpled paper in his hand that contained the information of where his mother was. Although he had since memorised the address, the small parchment of paper held a sort of comforting feeling.

He was worried however since he didn’t know what Jeong was doing. When they had gone to the cemetery he had acquired a note inside the box. Minhyuk didn’t know if Kihyun had managed to decode what he had said and arrived there before them.

His head jerked up when he heard the sound of the door click then open, revealing Jeong wearing a cranberry coloured suit. His hair was combed back from his face, revealing the contortion of irritation he wore on his face.

“To what do I owe this unpleasant visit?” Minhyuk muttered. He slipped the note away, pushing both of his hands into his pockets.

“The Blooded Shadows have been rather quiet,” Jeong stated, “We’ve been monitoring them for the last few days; to see what their actions would be.”

“And do you feel confident with your actions?” Minhyuk quizzed.

“Not in the slightest. The Blooded Shadows have continued to go about your specified business as usual. It’s…bizarre to say the least,” Jeong commented.

“Perhaps they understand that it is futile to approach you,” Minhyuk interjected.

“Yoo Kihyun is you second in command; he would be running your gang in your absence. With your history…I’m sure he wouldn’t just leave his leader and friend to sit here, possibly to die. Not unless he was coming up with his own plan of attack,” Jeong raised an eyebrow.

“Kihyun is not a fool and he cares for the safety of my clan. Now I have a question for you,” Minhyuk sat up properly. “I told you where to go, so why am I still here?”

“The chip isn’t in my possession now is it?” Jeong retorted, “We retrieved a phone number. My men couldn’t even trace who the owner was, it’s a private number.”

“Then why haven’t you called it?”

“I believe they’re waiting for someone from the Lee family to call them,” Jeong responded. Jeong moved to his inside pocket and drew out a piece of paper with the number. He held it out for Minhyuk.

The young leader scanned the number and froze. Jeong must have noticed his reaction because his jaw twitched and he quickly retracted his hand staring down at the number to study it for himself.

“What is it?” he demanded, his eyes slowly sliding up to meet Minhyuk’s.

“You haven’t tried calling them yourself have you?” he quizzed.

“You know who it is don’t you?” Jeong growled. Minhyuk leaned back against the bed frame. He felt as though a heavy weight had been lifted off his chest and he could breathe once more. His worries had been put at ease.

“Surprisingly…yes,” he replied calmly. “I don’t think you have to worry about me being the one to call them. Something tells me it’s not me that they’re waiting for.” Like a snake, Jeong darted forward, his hand sliding through the air to grab Minhyuk by the front of his shirt. He clasped the large clothing item and forced Minhyuk forward.

The younger boy clasped his hands around Jeong’s wrist, gritting his teeth together. His arm shot with pain from the rapid movement. He narrowed h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter