; ENCOUNTER

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The point in history at which we stand is full of promise and danger. The world will either move forward toward unity and widely shared prosperity - or it will move apart."

 

Wonho sat with Kihyun in the car. Neither one of them said a word as Wonho continued down the street tapping his fingers rather nervously. 

“What happened exactly?” Kihyun enquired.

“What do you mean?” Wonho responded, not even casting so much of a glanced towards his passenger.

“The kid Wonho,” he clarified. Wonho didn’t respond right away and his cut lips. His hair messily hung in front of his eyes.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” he stated, shaking his head, “It’s all my fault isn’t it,” he said after a moment. Kihyun didn’t know how to respond and shifted in the seat. He gently touched Wonho’s upper arm.

“It’s not your fault,” he uttered. Wonho blew scoffed slightly and inhaled sharply.

“It is, if it weren’t for me, that kid would still be alive.”

“You don’t know that.” Kihyun’s phone suddenly broke the silence, a sharp ringing sound echoing through the car. He pulled out his phone slowly and saw the screen flashing with Jooheon’s name. He forgot that he had left him at the café.

“Answer it,” Wonho informed. Kihyun glanced up at the fair haired male briefly before he pressed the answer button and brought it to his ear.

“Yeah? Sorry I left, I had somewhere I needed to be,” he apologised.

“Well…where are you!” Jooheon yelled through the other end. Kihyun was confused as to why the other gang member was so concerned with his placement.

“Don’t worry, you head back to headquarters and I’ll meet you there,” he answered calmly. He heard Jooheon groan on the other end of the line.

“You’re really making my job difficult Kihyun, how am I supposed to prove myself to Minhyuk if you run off. No wonder he thinks you’re the rat,” Jooheon grumbled.

“What?” Kihyun sat forward abruptly.

“Oh…nothing,” Jooheon responded before sighing, “Minhyuk thinks you’re the rat. And I don’t blame him. You have a lot of evidence against you. Running fingerprints. Messing up your mission. Running off without saying where you are going.” Kihyun could feel Wonho’s eyes on him.

“You ran my fingerprints,” he whispered.

“Of course I had them run, and a DNA scan. You’re a blood type B,” Kihyun murmured in response.

“Who are you talking to Kihyun?” Jooheon demanded, “You better tell me what is going on now or I will report you to Minhyuk, I don’t think you want the Blooded Shadows on your back.”

“Give it a rest, I’m busy at the moment. Give me until midnight to be back at headquarters. I’ll…” he trailed off and looked at Wonho who shook his head. “Just wait until then to tell Minhyuk whatever you want.”

“So that you can plan an assault?” Jooheon enquired.

“He’s not planning an assault,” Wonho called out, making his presence known on the other end. As Wonho had answered, Kihyun decided to just put the phone on speaker.

“Who are you? That guy that came up to us?”

“Yeah, that’s me,” Wonho confirmed, “My name is Wonho –”

“Fingerprints guy,” Jooheon uttered. “There may already be an issue with your midnight deadline Kihyun.”

“And what’s that?” Kihyun quizzed.

“I already passed on the test results. His name isn’t Wonho, it’s Shin Hoseok. You’ve been a member of The Void since you were twenty and you’re originally from Anyang.” Wonho noticeably swallowed heavily.

“You did your research.”

“Hoseok?” Kihyun probed, raising an eyebrow.

“Can you honestly say that Kihyun is your real name?” Wonho countered.

“Yes.”

“Jooheon? I can call you that right? Can you please stall, I’ll return him soon.”

“Fine,” Jooheon conceded. “I’ll tell Minhyuk that you had family matters that you couldn’t avoid. That your mother was beginning to get suspicious of your activities.”

“Thanky you. Can you also do a favour for me,” Kihyun started, “I need you to find out The Void’s involvement with Jeong. I need to know if there is a history. Text me what you find out.”

“You owe me.” The line suddenly went dead and when Kihyun glanced up he saw that they had arrived at the back entrance of an abandoned building. Almost instantly, Kihyun could feel his heartbeat accelerate in his chest. Wonho shut off the engine and took out the keys before he got out of the car. Kihyun slowly followed and got out, stepping around to the same side as Wonho. The fair haired boy glanced down at him and gently took his hand and turned to him slowly.

“I promise he isn’t that scary,” Wonho murmured softly. A small smile appeared in the corner of Kihyun’s lips and he nodded his head.

“I appreciate the reassurance. I’m sure you’d be nervous if you walked into my headquarters.” The two stepped forward, entwining their hands with one another.

“True, but in my defence your gang is hitmen and murderers…we’re just drug dealers.” Slowly he released Kihyun’s hand in order to put in the passcode to go down. He looked down at the slightly smaller male. “Thank you. For helping me.” Kihyun gave a simple nod of the head, his dark eyes resting on Wonho’s.

“I haven’t done anything yet.” The two males made their way inside and Kihyun attentively followed behind him. His eyes flickered around the unfamiliar area until they were in what appeared to be a hall. There were a few people at tables with cards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter