; CONFRONT

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory."

 

Wonho felt the top of the flat roof collide with his feet and his knees buckled and he fell, rolling across the cement roof. A grunt escaped his lips and he felt a stinging sensation spread across his cheek. One of his hands rested on his side and he closed his eyes. His chest rose and fell quickly as he tried to catch his breath.


His body trembled lightly and he couldn’t move, or rather he didn’t want to move. His body felt as though it were glued to the hard roof. He didn’t want to look back over the edge to see how high up he was; it was bad enough that his only other obligation had been to jump. He was grateful that the edge of the building was elevated so that he could remain near the edge without being seen by the enemy.


“Where’d he go?” Wonho heard the sound of one of the men.


“Check the other side of the building, maybe there is another fire escape.” Wonho didn’t move, but he slowly peeled his eyes open and looked down at his sleeves which he saw were red with the blood of the teenage boy. His throat felt tight as he forced himself to swallow down the lump in his throat. Gradually he sat up and peeked over the edge, seeing the two figures with guns drawn moving to the opposite end of the building. If he was going to leave, he would have to go now.


Wonho’s legs felt weak as he shakily stood, his body throbbing with pain from the landing. He stepped back and glanced around, observing his surroundings before he noticed two rails, indicating that there was a fire escape there. It was located on the other side, so that the two gang members wouldn’t notice Wonho.
 

He scrambled down the side, his skin barely registering the ice cold metal. Wonho had to lean up against the side of the wall once he was down on the ground and leaned his head back. He took a few breaths trying to calm down before he stepped away from the wall. He noticed that the building he had been leaning up against was a clothing store. Maybe there he would be able to change into something a little more inconspicuous.
 

Slowly he stepped around the side of the building, watching the walkway. He didn’t need to draw too much attention to himself. He waited until there weren’t as many people wandering around before he made his way to the entrance of the store. He pushed the door open and stepped inside quietly seeing that it was more second hand clothing. He grabbed the first jacket that he saw and pulled it over his body to cover up the blood stains, but there was nothing he could do about the blood on his hands or the grazes on his face.
 

Wonho kept his head low, his eyes briefly flickering to the attendant at the desk. The woman didn’t seem interested in him and frankly she probably didn’t even notice him. He took in the surroundings of the place before he spotted a door that read, ‘staff only’. No one should disturb him in there. Quietly he headed in that direction, glancing over his shoulder once before he pushed the door and carefully closed it.
 

As he looked around the room he saw that it was where the staff could keep their belongings and was a place where they would no doubt take their breaks. Wonho surveyed the room, his hand touching his side once more. There would no doubt be a bruise there within the next few hours.
 

He spotted a telephone at the back and breathed out a sigh of relief and jogged towards it, despite his legs feeling rather weak. He leaned against the table and picked it up, dialling the first number that came to his mind.


There was the sound of constant ringing from the other end before he heard the voice of I.M. The wave of relief washed over him quickly and settled his racing heart.
 

“State your name and business,” I.M said in a seemingly disinterested tone.
 

“I need your help Changkyun,” he uttered.
 

“Won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter