Chapter 30: DEATHS, BETRAYALS, AND FAREWELLS

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here?" Tzuyu's fangs showed as she hissed at the third intruder. Dahyun held her by the arm so that the crowned princess will not be able to do any harm on the stranger. Tzuyu is trying her very best not to grasp her hands on that silky white neck and drain the enemy's blood.

"Irene's with me," Mina answered. Tzuyu's looks soften but she's still confused in why that certain witch will be with them. "What? Why?" Tzuyu looks at her lover for some kind of explanation. "We made a deal and I'm only honoring my part of the deal," Mina replied honestly. Tzuyu is still not over what's happening and even sent a glare to Irene's direction.

"What deal?" Momo asked as Tzuyu is still trying her best to calm her mind. For the Gods' sake this witch in front of them tried to kill her just because she didn't want to join their side. Irene on the othe sider took this oppurtunity to explain her side of the story. "I have made a deal with Lady Mina regarding the safety of China's crowned vampire princess in return of the oracle's location," Irene said.

"I somehow knew that this girl is just going to be trouble!" Dahyun hissed, thinking that Mina sold their group for her personal reasons. "Dahyun hold it," Sana warned, she stays with Nayeon and Seulgi behind Momo's protection. "What is the meaning of this Mina? You know that they've been looking for Seulgi and yet you just gave it out like that! How did you even find out about Seulgi?" Tzuyu isn't mad at Mina she's just confused and bothered.

Mina kept mum, she isn't the type of person who makes explanations for her actions. She doesn't want Tzuyu to get mad at her but at the same time she just doesn't know what to tell either. She thinks she hasn't done anything wrong especially that she made sure that her lover is safe now from one enemy.

"It's not as you guys think. I have no plans on harming Seulgi," Irene answered for Mina after seeing how dumbfounded she looks by Tzuyu's sudden questions. "Damn you and your lies!" Dahyun shut her up. 

Tao who has seen and heard enough deicided to in. "Sister, I think Irene deserves the chance to explain since it is obvious that she owes you one. Also we have to rush, Yuki may have realize by now the amount of men that turned against him. We need to get there as soon as the commotion down below lessens," Tao had said which made the girls quiet down. The crowned prince then motioned Irene to speak again.

"Seulgi has been my friend since young because we were in the same orphanage. We parted ways but I knew I have a strong connection with her and it won't get lost that easily. My sister and I were raised by a couple who served for Yuki therefore we learned to serve him too. Our lives are dedicated to protecting him and his family. Later on I found out that it was the Lord himself who was the cause of my parents' death, it didn't matter to me that time anymore. Then I found out he is looking for the oracle which turned out to be Seulgi, herself. I'm pretty sure he wanted to harm her. She's a treasure that I have lost once and I won't ever let it happen again despite the doubts I'm having right now which is why I made the deal with Mina. I have no plans on harming Seulgi but Mina has been keeping her away from me thinking that I might hurt Tzuyu. Sadly, my sister no longer share the same perspective as mine," Irene looked very sincere as she says this. Each and every word showed her true intentions.

Seulgi kept hidden beside Nayeon and Sana. She is simply observing and she doesn't really know what to say after Irene's impromptu confession. Although, Nayeon is looking at her with teasing eyes. Nayeon found out not so long ago about Seulgi's hidden feelings for the witch. 

"Look you better be sincere about this or I wouldn't think twice to snap your head off once I realize you are only lying to us," Tzuyu finally decided. Dahyun looks at Momo's direction for a final confirmation and the Vampire Queen simply shrugged it off as if saying to just trust Tzuyu's decision. 

All of a sudden, Krystal's loud howling resonated around the whole forest indicating that the commotion below has lessened. Tao immeidately turned into a wolf. 

"That's our signal," Momo told Tzuyu. The princess nodded her head and she too transformed into a she-wolf. Mina looked at Tzuyu with adoration after finally seeing Tzuyu's wolf form. Tzuyu has a fur of an alpha-like wolf, she has golden fur with some white streaks. Her odd eye pair of gold and red is shining visibly under the night sky. Her stance screams royalty and the air she carries tell power and strength.

"Sana, I'm trusting Seulgi into your care. Don't ever let anyone take her from us," Momo ordered the young witch. "Nayeon, you stay close to me at all times. Dahyun you better be there behind me. Tao, you may now lead the way," Momo added.

Tao began to run and Tzuyu followed closely while Dahyun settled herself on her friend's back. She'll be riding on Tzuyu's back until they reach the foot of the mountain. Mina is beside her lover as she floats using her magic. The vampires run as fast as Tzuyu and Tao does to immediately reach their destination. Tzuyu assumes that both Sana, Seulgi, and Irene had already teleported themselves.

"Tao, recollect all your team and meet us by the entrance," Momo said as she run ahead of Tao when they reached the battle field. Tao followed immediately and went separately from Momo and the rest. The fight is far long from over and there is still a large number of vampires, werewolves, and even humans for their masters. 

Tzuyu can smell the strong scent of iron from all the crimson blood dripping from the wolves' carcass and even some humans. There were heads that has been separated from their bodies laying around on the cold snow. Tzuyu witnessed a wolf being thrown away by some pale man across the field. The animal bumped into a lit torch and caused fire to spread around the field in a matter of seconds. The battle happening currently is ugly and messy. The monsters in each of everyone of them has been awaken causing merciless killing and unforgivable actions.

She looked at her side only to witness Taecyeon clutching on his fallen brother. Tzuyu remembers that guy as Wooyoung. His arm is severed and there were so much blood soaking her brother's arm. On the other side, there is the human named Seungwan. She's lying on the snow with her eyelids slowly closing. Then in front of them is Jackson kneeling on the ground as he hugs the body of his dead brother. Things couldn't be worse when Jackson is currently mourning but an arrow passed through his chest and soon he too collapsed. 

Tzuyu wanted to do something about it but Dahyun made her come back to her sentence. "Tzuyu, clear your mind. Everyone of us came here ready to die. They died with honor and you should accept it. Our fallen soldiers served us because they wanted change and we shall give them to it," Dahyun whispered to her.  

Soon after Dahyun said that Tzuyu put all her strength to reach their destination. It didn't take long before they reached the building. Momo and Nayeon studies the building from the ground floor up to its peak. Mina stopped floating and stayed on the ground, while she waits for Tzuyu to return back to her human form. Dahyun went down from Tzuyu's back after realizing that Mina has been throwing glares at her and Tzuyu transformed back into her human form. Her clothes are quite torn and ragges because of the changes in her form but no one minds. 

Sana, Seulgi, and Irene are already waiting by the entrance. They're far from all the trouble happening just beyond the small fences surrounding the main tower.

"Wow, it's a very creepy building," Sana mumbled from the side. "It's a very old tower and my father never bothered to fix it. He only lets his minions stay on the the grounds so that they could have a camp and train. As for him, he uses it to to hide and strategize," Mina explained as she too observes the tower. 

It's obviously a ruin. The building is so old and the walls doesn't have paint making the cracks on it more visible. There are some floors that are wrecked open. It doesn't show any source of light except the uppermost floor of the tower. They assumed it's where Yuki is staying, probably observing them and analyzing each and ever step they do. 

"We shall go now," Tzuyu says and was about to transform back into a wolf but Momo stopped her. "I think we should wait for Tao first. I can sense living beings inside the building indicating that there may be guards waiting for us. They'd serve us our distraction while Irene brings us to the last floor," Momo explained. 

Tzuyu huffed as she impatiently waits for Tao to arrive. Mina rubbed her arms lightly and it calmed her down. Tao didn't disappoint since in a matter of minutes he returned with a pack of fifteen wolves. As he tranformed back into his human form the others copied him. Soon, there's a bunch of topless guys in front of them. 

"I believe that Amber and Krystal are going to be here soon," Tao said to his sister.

"I see them!" Seulgi pointed to the two silhouettes of wolves running to their direction. Momo squinted her eyes to see if it's actually them but Tzuyu already answered it for her. "It is them, quick transform back into your wolf forms. We are going in now," Tzuyu commanded abruptly.

"Are we?" Nayeon asks Momo, talking about if they'll follow the young vampire or not. "She's our in-comand from now on, so I guess we do," Momo said to Nayeon. The Korean girl nodded her head and readies herself to make a run inside the building. 

"Uh, what are you guys doing?" Irene asks as she observes what the vampires are doing. "We are about to enter the building," Dahyun answered in a matter of fact tone. "You are not to run. Let the wolves be our opening and distraction. We will simply teleport ourselves," Irene said. Looking at Momo since it's what she just told earlier.

"Tzuyu?" Momo asks Irene for confirmation. "I think that's the best thing to do too," Mina answered from the side. She sees how Tzuyu is hesitating to agree with the plan Irene and Momo have thought of. She wanted to fight with her brothers but wasting her energy on the petty minions is not a good idea either so she agreed with what Irene had just proposed.

"Let's follow with what Irene and Momo have in mind. Tao, your pack will serve as our shield until we have teleported ourselves. Keep them busy and never let them reach the last floor where Yuki is hiding," Tzuyu commanded. Tao understood and relayed the message to his brothers. 

"Hold my hand and we'll be there in no time," Mina offered her hand to Tzuyu. Irene wanted to offer her hand to Seulgi but Sana had beat her into it since Seulgi is her duty along with Dahyun. The older witch had offered her hand to Nayeon and Momo without a choice. In a matter of a split second they have reached the top of the tower. 

It is chilly and quite dark. Not entirely different with what they are expecting but they were hoping to be blessed with more light. A silhouette of a man by the window is the sight that welcomed the girls as soon as they adjusted theselves with the darkness of the room. Slowly, the man looks back as if realizing the unwelcomed presence of the newcomers.

Red light from the moon reflected on Yuki's face when he turned around. A devilish grin is plastered on his face. Making him look like Satan himself. His eyes are unusually dark completely different from his normal green sparkly eyes. Even his daughter has not seen this side of him before. They were even though since Yuki didn't really expect Mina to actually side with her lover. 

He slowly walks to his table and sat on his chair. He scanned the eight people standing in his room, waiting to tear his head off. He seems to be disturbed after finding two familiar faces in the small crowd. 

"I will not be honest if I say I'm not surprise to see you stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter