Chapter 2: LONGING

Forbidden Love (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungyeon entered the building casually. She was welcomed by a man in the front desk who is looking at Jungyeon weirdly since she's in casual clothes with just jeans and a plain shirt. It wasn't her first time there but it was a long time since she went so maybe the man doesn't know her.

 

"Do you have any meeting ma'am?" He asked to Jungyeon after she went closer to him. "Ms. Bae called me to come over but I'm not sure if she informed you I would come," she answered with a smile.

 

"Then I shall confirm it to her," the man suggested and Jungyeon answered with a nod. After making a call to Irene's office the man let Jungyeon go.

 

"Ms. Bae's office is in the 13th floor," he informed Jungyeon and the latter thanked him for it. 

 

It wasn't hard for Jungyeon to find Irene's office since she's been there once or twice plainly informing about Mina's condition whenever Chaeyeong can't.

 

When Jungyeon arrived in Irene's office she knocked first and waited the confirmation from the owner before she entered. 

 

"Take a seat Ms. Yoo," Irene then gestured Jungyeon to sit in the chair in front of her table. "I asked my assistant to buy me some coffee a while ago, I hope you like caramel macchiato," Irene handed Jungyeon a cup of coffee after the latter settled in her seat.

 

"What are we going to talk about Mina?" Jungyeon asked after she took a sip from her coffee. 

 

"Do you know any lady that has gray eyes?" Irene asked straight forwardly since she doesn't want to play nice anymore. 

 

Jungyeon didn't need to think much like Chaeyeong and remembered a lady with gray eyes. "Yeah, I know one. Why'd you asked?" Jungyeon asked casually.

 

Jungyeon musn't know anything about their search. If Irene tells her that the lady, Jungyeon knows may be the Lost Oracle, her Lord will be mad at her.

 

"We need a model with gray eyes," she confidently lied, she's a manipulative witch after all. "A model? For what? And how does this concern Mina?" Jungyeon scoffed at the answer Irene gave. 

 

Who would need a model when there's Civil War all over Korea and pretty much the whole world? It's like World War III but the difference here is that, humans are just not the ones fighting with each other but also mystical creatures such as witches and werewolves. Plus the fact that why would Mina need a model?

 

"Yeah, we're planning to issue a magazine about creatures similar to us so a lot of humans will be informed about us and a lady with gray eyes will be nice to be used as a model, Mr. Myoui said that it's Mina's dream," Irene continued to lie. Jungyeon studied Irene's eyes to see if she's telling the truth.

 

"You could actually just take one of your models and make them wear gray contacts but since I want to trouble you guys more. The lady I know with gray eyes is Kang Seulgi, good luck in finding her in Seoul," Jungyeon smirked at Irene, oblivious by the fact that she's been fooled twice already.

 

"Thanks for the information Ms. Yoo," Irene showed her a smile. A smile showing how happy she is to finally know who the Lost Oracle may be. 

 

"No probs but I'll head out now, I still need to check on my girl before heading home," Jungyeon stood up from her seat. "Ms. Yoo as you know, we're not friends we're just acquaintances, so I would appreciate it if you'll be more formal when we meet," Irene said after what Jungyeon said, the latter is being more comfortable with her which she does not like.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter