Chapter 6

Into You

The chilly sunset breeze swept over Jihoon as he stood on the roof. He couldn't believe this. After everything he'd said, all the times he fought against the tension, there was always another fight. 

But this time, he'd let himself give into his anger. Jihoon looked down at his hand. He'd hit Soonyoung. He'd given in. 

Why was this time different? He'd always been able to control himself, why couldn't he this time?

Jihoon slammed his hand agaisnt the brick ledge, frustration sweeping over him.

He knew the answer. But he wouldn't say it, not even to himself. All he would say, was that with Soonyoung, things were always different. 

Jihoon took a deep breath and looked out over Seoul. How desperatly he wanted to jump, to sprout a pair of angel's wings and soar over the city. If only he'd been born with wings, he'd be able to fulfill his desires. 

The sound of footsteps behind him broke him out of this thoughts. The fall of the stpes was familiar, achinlgy familiar. Jihoon would listen to those steps in the hallway and smile, thinking about what those feet and the owner could do together. 

But now he tensed. He wanted the steps to retreat back the way they came. 

"Go. Away," Jihoon muttered, his words clipped so all the emotions he was trying hard to keep in wouldn't come flying out like the winged beast he wanted to be. 

"Jihoon, please," the owner of the footsteps begged. "Can we talk?" 

He wanted to say no. He was going to say no. But the word that came out of his mouth was anything but a no. 

"Fine." after hearing the word that came out, Jihooon let his shoulders slump in defeat. 

There was a moment of silence before the person spoke again. "I'm sorry. I know how hard you work to keep us all on good terms." 

"Do you?" Jihoon burst out. "I'm the composer. If we fail, it's my fault, so I feel like if we're breaking apart, it's my fault. So i'm going to ask you again. Do you really know how hard I work? Do you, Soonyoung?" Too late, Jihoon realized his mistake. When he said the name, his voice cracked, and all the emotions inside almost came out. Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes and he turned back towards the city so Soonyoung couldn't see. 

"No, I guess I don't," the dancer mumured. "But I'm still sorry. I'm just-" Soonyoung broke off, and Jihoon couldn't help but glance at him. Soonyoung had his gaze lifted to the darkening sky, and as Jihoon watched, he swallowed thickly, trying to hold back tears. "It's just, " Soonyoung started again. "Everything's been so confusing lately. I just feel like there's something inside of me, trying to get out. I feel it beating its wings, trying to take flight, and sometimes it gets close,"Soonyoung sounded like he was having a hard time controling himself. 'But then I just fight so hard to keep it in, and it gets mad, and I can feel its rage spreading through me, and I just can't control myself."

Not sure what to say, Jihoon remained silent. 

"Everybody thinks rage is red-hot fury, but it's not. It's-"

"Ice." Jihon didn't even realize that he'd spoken untill Soonyoung said,"Yeah. It's ice. Ice, spreading through your veins and up into your mind, freezing everyhting over untill all you feel is numb rage." 

Once again, Jihoon was silent. It scared him that Soonyoung was voicing what he felt, the exact same thing. 

"But you know the worst part?" Soonyoung continued. "I know why I feel it. But no matter how hard I try, i just can't shut it down." 

After a slight hesitation, Jihoon replied. "Why? Who do you feel it?" 

The answer he got was one he never thought he'd get. 

"You." 

Jihoon did a double take. "Me?" he asked. "Why would I make you feel all that rage?" 

"Because!" Soonyoung exploded, with such force that Jihoon couldn't not turn to face him. "Every time I see you with her, or hear you talking to her, i just get so mad and I can't control myself!"

Jihoon stared at him. "Who are you talking about?"

"Oh, you know who!" Soonyoung snarled. The dancer glanced away as he continued. "That free-spirited pretty little chauffeur of yours!" 

Jihoon blinked. "Ming?" He burst out, getting angrier by the second. "You think I'm dating Ming?" 

"Am I wrong?" Soonyoung growled. 

"One hundred percent wrong!" Jihoon yelled. "Why on earth would I date Ming? We hated each other untill a year ago!" 

Soonyoung looked at him. "What?" He whispered, barely audible. 

"Ming lived across from me when I was a kid!" Jihoon told him. "And after that, she tried to kill me at least three times! Never would I ever think about dating her!" 

Soonyoung looked at him for a second then turned and leaned against the ledge, burrying his face in his hands. 

"I'm an idiot," he muttered, his voice muffled. 

"Yeah!" Jihoon agreed. "You are." Then a thought struck him. "Wait, why would you care?" 

Soonyoung sighed. "I guess theres no hiding it anymore," he murmured, before peeking out through his fingers at Jihoon. "I like you." 

The words took him by surprise. 

"You like me?" He breathed, startled. 

Soonyoung nodded. "Yeah." 

Jihoon felt something deep within his heart, a feeling he'd never had before. It felt like the wings of the beast inside him had fluttered. What did that nean? Was he embarrassed? Not really. Scared? No. Startled? No. well yes, but that wasn't it. He felt...happy. As if he'd finally gotten something that he wanted. 

Then he whispered something he'd never said before. Not to anyone, not even himself. 

"I like you too." The words took Jihoon by surprise, and it seemed like they surprised Soonyoung even more. He stood up straight and looked at him. 

"You do?" He whispered back earnesly. 

Looking shyly at the ground, Jihoon nodded. There was a singular moment wnere Jihoin's heart beat exactly once, and then he felt Soonyoung wrap his arms around him. 

Jihoon wasnt much of a hugger. In fact, he hated physical contact. But there was one thing he would always admit, and that was that things were always different with Soonyoung. 

Then the dancer pulled back and looked him in the eye. "You really do? Honestly?"

Jihoon rolled his eyes. "I'm not saying it again," he told him, blushing. 

Soonyoung let out an airy laugh. "No, of course you're not." 

There was a moment of happy silence befire Soonyoung did yet another thing Jihoon wasnt expecting. 

The feeling of Soonyiung's lips on his was something Jihoon had never even thought of. The dancers lips were soft against his, the gentle kiss making Jihoon flutter inside. But he had never kissed anyone before. Not sure what to do, Jihoon just stood there, frozen. 

Soonyoung pulled back and raised an eyebrow. Jihoon felt his face flush and he scowled at the ground. The dancer laughed. 

"Jihoon," he said. "You're adorable." 

His face burned even harder at the sweet compliment. "Shut up, I am not," he grumbled, Soonyoung just smiled. 

"So now what? Do we tell them?" 

The thought of telling everybody terrified Jihoon beyond reason, so he let out a small sqeak of  a "no!" before clamping a hand over his mouth. 

'Aw, c'mon Jihoonie. It won't be that bad," Soonyoung tried. But Jihoon just shook his head, not trusting himself to open his mouth. 

"Oh, come on. They'll be super supportive, I know it. Just look at Mingyu and Wonwoo." 

Knowing there was only one way to win this fight, Jihoon stretched on his tip-toes and put his arms around Soonyoung's neck. 

"Please?" He whispered. He felt Soonyoung swallow. 

"Fine," the dancer replied hoarsly. Jihoon smiled, then decided to try something. He placed his lips against Soonyoung's, and the dancer immediatly responded. Soonyoung kissed him back gently, and Jihoon let his hand slide up to Soonyoungs neck. He felt the dancer wrap his arms around him, one hand grazing softly against his cheek. 

Jihoon was the first to pull away. "Thanks," he mumured sweetly. 

"For you," Soonyoung replied, then pressed his lips against Jihoons again. The singer tangled his fingers in Soonyoung's hair and moved his lips agsinst his. Soonyoung tightened his hold on him, one hand around his back, the other gently holding his neck. Jihoon broke away, feeling dizzy. He kept his forehead against Soonyoung's, their faces close enough that he could feel the dancers warm breath on his cheek. 

"I like you," Jihoon whispered. 

"I love you," Soonyoung replied. Blusing, Jihoon stepped away. 

"Lets go. I'm getting cold." 

Soonyoung chuckled, pulling Jihoon back into him and kissing the tip of his nose. "Cute,"he murmured. 

Jihoon blushed even more and quickly kissed Soonyoung's cheek. The dancer immediately replied by taking off his jacket and draping it over Jihoon's shoulders, then kissing him on the forehead. 

Jihoon smiled shyly at the ground, sure his face was getting more red by the second. He hoped Soonyoung wouldn't keep doing this, because if he did, by the time they got back to the dorm, Jihoon would be a cherry. 

Or he could just go with it. 

He liked the second option better. 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey babes, its me!! Omg i love love looooove this chapter, and i know you do too!! And if not, im sorry. Ive been super excited to post this chapter, as its one if my favorites, as well as a super long paragraph that I should be getting to in like, the next two chapters. Please comment amd tell me if there is anything u want me to add in my fic, ir just to tell me if u like everything so far. Also, If any of you guys have an istagram, mine is Tess_the_fangirl.123 if u request to follow me, i will definitely accept it and follow u back!! Love you awesome nerds!!! Talk to u all next week!!