Chapter 7

Into You

Jeonghan was woken gently awake by Seungcheol. 

"What?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. 

"You told me to wake you when it was over," Seungcheol murmured in his ear. 

"And?" 

"They're back." 

Jeonghan looked at the door and sure enough, a moment later, Jihoon walked in, Soonyoung trailing him. 

"So?" Mingyu asked, his voice more of a squeak. "What happened?" 

They all glared at him, and Wonwoo smacked him upside the head. 

"Forget I asked," he whimpered. 

"No, its fine," Jihoon replied, throwing his keys on the counter and walking over to the sink to get a glass of water. They all relaxed minimally. 

"So, what happened?" Seungkwan asked as Soonyoung sat down next to him. He exchanged a glance with Jihoon, and Jeonghan noticed a faint blush come into both their faces. 

Jihoon was the one to reply. "We worked things out." 

Jeonghan blinked. "Thats all?" Mingyu asked. 

"Yep," the singer replied. He walked over to the couch and stared down at Jisoo. "Scoot," he commanded, jerking his head to the right. Jisoo sighed and squashed up against Vernon, who let out a small grunt. Seungcheol shifted over, pressing against Jeonghan to make room. 

Suddenly uncomforable by the contact, Jeonghan slid off the couch and ended up next to Mingyu. 

"Hi," he murmured. 

"'Sup," the rapper replied before turning to chat with Wonwoo. 

Everybody else stated talking amiably between each other, chatting about their schedule and just other little things. Apparently, Vernon wanted to practice his English, so he and Jisoo were chatting on the couch. Now that the Gag Trio was back together, Booseoksoon was doing something in a corner of the room. Minghao was smiling at Jun as the dancer talked, mixing in some Chinese with his Korean, and Dino was yelling good-naturedly at Soonyoung to come talk to him. Seungcheol was talking with Jihoon about the new song he was working in. 

Desperate to join a conversation, Jeonghan scooched over to them. 

"Do you know what its going to be called?" Jeonghan asked. They stared at him. "Different topic?" He added, wincing. 

Seungcheol nodded, still giving him a weird look. 

"Well, in that case," Jeonghan continued, "whats up?" 

Jihoon rolled his eyes, but Seungcheol smiled, reaching out to pat his head. "You should get some sleep, Jeonghannie. You've had a long day." 

He nodded. Honestly, he did not feel good. Maybe it was because he'd spent his afternoon going ninety on a motorcycle, or maybe it was all the stress from this evening, but he needed to rest. 

He stood up, but immediately, a wave of nausea swept over him and he collapsed into Seungcheol's lap. 

"Easy," the rapper murmured. "Man, I was kidding, but you really do look bad." 

Jeonghan didn't trust himself to reply. 

"Come on," Seunghcoel told him and picked him up. Jeonghan let out a small murmur of protest, but he felt awful, so he didn't say anything else. 

Seugnhcoel carried him into the vocal room and set him gently in his bed.

"There you go," he murmured. "Try to get some rest." Seunghcoel pulled the covers up, then moved to leave. 

"Wait," Jeonghan managed to get out. Seungcheol turned to face him. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can you stay?" He asked quietly, his voice soft. Seungcheol looked at him. "Untill I fall asleep?" 

After a moment of hesitation, the rapper nodded. "Of course." He sat down on the bed next to Jeonghan. 

Jeonghan closed his eyes and let his head roll to the right, brushing against Seungcheol's hip. Almost unintentionaly, Jeonghan searched for Seungcheol's hand. 

"I'm happy they made up," he murmured. 

"Me too," Seungcheol replied. 

"Sing for me," Jeonghan commanded. 

"Yeah, okay." 

The small room was then filled with the sound of Seungcheol's low voice slowly lulling Jeonghan to sleep. Sighing happily, Jeonghan just lay there and listened. It had been a while since he's heard Seungcheol sing. He was good. It might have exhaustion, or the sickness, but at that moment, Jeonghan didn't think he'd heard anything more beautiful. 

But then the song ended. Saddened, Jeonghan curled closer to Seungcheol. 

"Go to sleep, Jeonghannie," the rapper murmured, his free hand beginning to gently tease his long hair. He sighed in reply. 

Seungcheol began to sing again, and Jeonghan fell asleep feeling comforted and loved. 

 

 

Seungcheol crept quietly out of the vocal room trying hard not to wake Jeonghan. The brunet had fallen asleep rather quickly, thanks to Seungcheol

He was worried about him. They didnt get sick very often, so whenever one of them fell ill, there was always a large comotion of making sure that they got healthy very soon. 

All eyes turned toward him as he entered the room. 

"How is he?" Wonwoo asked gently. He shrugged. 

"I don't know," he sighed. "But he's asleep, so thats a good thing." Jihoon smiled sympathetically at him and patted the couch next to him. 

"He'll get better. We always do." 

"I know," he replied. "Im the leader, its my job to take care of you guys."

They all smiled at him as he sat down. The chatter started up again, but quieter this time. Seungcheol sat there, just listening untill Jihoon leaned over and whispered in his ear. 

"So, I heard you singing in there." His tone of voice was curious, if slightly accusing. 

"He wanted me to," Seugncheol replied. Jihoon let out a little teasing, accusitory hum. 

"Yeah okay." 

Seungcheol made a face at him. "And exactly what, are you implying, Jihoon?" 

"Oh, nothing," the singer replied, then leaned over to whisper in his ear. "Just that you two seem rather close these days." 

Seungcheol shot him a disaproving look. "Seriously Jihoon?" 

The short singer laughed. "Relax, Seungcheol, I'm joking. 

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. He and Jihoon chatted for a few more minutes, before Seungcheol was bombarded with questions from Jisoo. 

"Was Jeonghan nauseus? Did you check his temperature? Was he mumbling nonsense? Did he throw up? Did you check his throat? His eyes? His ears?" 

Seungcheol held up his hands in defense. "I-no!" 

Jisoo gave him a long look that said, why not? 

"I-Im not a doctor! Dont expect me to do all that!" 

Jisoo sighed and rolled his eyes. "Well, you are the oldest." His voice held a slight resonance of duh. Then a thought seemed to hit him. Practically sprawled flat across Jihoons lap, he looked up at Seungcheol. "Did you check his pulse? You know, this might've been from high stress levels. If his pulse was-" 

"Dude," Jihoon broke in. "Get off." 

Jisoo glared up at him, but sat up. "And also," Jihoon continued. "The rest of us are worried, but we're not that worried." 

"Exactly," Seungcheol added, relieved to finally be free from Jisoo's rapid-fire questions. "Just calm down, he's fine. Some rest and fluids are probably all he needs." 

"But-" Jisoo tried again, but Jihoon cut him off. 

"If youre so worried, go check on him!" Jisoo blinked, as if the thought hadn't occured to him untill just then. Blushing slightly, he stood up and headed to Jeonghan's room. 

Seungcheol let out a heavy sigh. "Why on earth would he ask me all of that? And why would he expect me to know all the answers?" 

Jihoon shrugged. "Beats me."

"Ah, whatever. Im exhausted. I gotta go to bed." 

"Night," Jihoon murmured. 

"Night guys." Seungcheol stood up ans walked to the hip-hop room as his friends echoed him. He pulled on his pajamas and went down the hall to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He spat into the sink and looked at himself in the mirror. As exhausting as the day had been, he'd still has fun riding around Seoul with Jeonghan and Jihoon. 

He smiled and walked back across the hall and fell asleep, still smiling. 

 

 

Jeonghan woke up, and promptly vomited over the side of his bed. Groaning, he flopped on his back. He did not feel good. 

"Jeonghan?" A voice called. Somewhere in his nauseus mind, he registered it as Jihoon's. 

"You might want to clean that up," he moaned, throwing an arm over his eyes. 

"Jisoo'll get it,"  Jihoon sighed in the dark. 

"Yeah, but it'll start to stink soon," Jeonghan reasoned. 

"It already does," Seunkwan complained from above Jihoon. 

"It's okay, Jisoo'll be here in three...two..."

"oh my gosh, you threw up!" The door burst open and Jisoo stumbled into the room. 

"Told ya'" Jihoon mumbled and rolled over on the bottom of the other bunk. 

Jisoo rushed over and knelt by Jeonghan. 

"Do you feel okay?" He asked. 

"I feel better now that I threw up," Jeonghan replied. 

"Well, thats good, I guess. I'll be right back." Jisoo ran out of the room. 

"Whatever," Jeonghan sighed, and rolled over. 

He was dully aware that Jisoo had come back into the room and was cleaning the floor, but now that he had gotten everything out of his system, he just wanted to sleep. Jisoo shot rapid-fire questions at him, wanting to know how he was feeling and the like. Jeonghan mumbled out responses, wishing Jisoo would shut up. 

Then he felt a cool hand against his forehead. It definintely did not belong to Jisoo; the singers fingers were rough and calloused from playing the guitar. He opened his eyes and looked at Seungcheol. The rapper gave him a cute little half-smile. 

"How ya' feeling, Jeonghannie?" He asked. Jeognhan shrugged. 

"Eh." 

Seungcheol let out a singular laugh and pulled his hand back. "You're a little warm. I think you still have a fever." 

Jeonghan shrugged agian. "Whatever. I'll recover." 

This time, Seungcheol actually laughed. "Thats not a smart way to think." 

"To be honest," Jeonghan replied, smiling as well, "I dont really care." 

Seungcheol laughed even harder. 

"Will you be quiet?" Jihoon snapped. "Im trying to sleep." 

"Well, too bad!" Seungcheol told him. "Its time to wake up!" 

Jihoon groaned. 

Jeonghan launged and sat up, only to find himself gently pushed back down. "Not you," Seunghceol told him. "You need to rest." 

Jeonghan huffed. "I can rest while watching you guys in the practice room." 

Apparently, Seungcheol wasn't in the mood for an argument, because he just sighed. "Alright, fine." But if you do anything else, I will get Mingyu to sit on you and force you to rest." 

"Whatever." Jeognhan rolled his eyes, but smiled at Seunghceol. 

"Good." The rapper cleared his throat. "Now then. SEVENTEEN! Its time to get up!" 

"Good morning!" Seokmin piped up from above Jeonghan. Seungkwan let out a moan, but sat up. 

"My job has begun," he mumbled, then grabbed his phone in a random burst of energy and bolted out of the vocal room. 

Seungcheol shook his head and stood up. "I'd better go help him," he sighed, then followed the young singer out. 

Jeonghan sighed and stretched, then sat up. Then he noticed something he hadn't before. 

Jisoo was gone. 

 

 

Seungchoel leaned against the door of the hip-hop room, watching Seungkwan tease Hansol. Mingyu had already been woken up and was staring blankly at the wall. 

Seungkwan was too scared to wake up Wonwoo. 

Hansol protested feebly, pulling he blankets back up whenever Seungkwan tried to throw them off. 

"Hansol," Seungcheol called from the door. 

"Mm?" The young rapper mumbled.

"Wake up." The commanding tone in Seungcheol's voice got Hansol up. 

"Finally," Seungkwan huffed, then stalked out of the room like he was a queen. Rolling his eyes, Seunghceol followed. 

The Performance room was dark, as it only had one window above Soonyoung's bunk, and it was still kind of dark outside. Seungkwan went to work with Dino, bouncing on his bed and singing Son Dambi's Queen. Seungcheol turned his attention toward the other bunk. The lump under Monghao's blanket seemed larger than normal, so he came over and pulled back the covers. He blinked in surprise. The Chinese dancer was curled up with Jun, his face burried agaisnt the olders chest, his eyes shut tightly and one of his hands fisted in the naterial of Jun's shirt. The older boy had his arms around him protectively, one hand tangled in his hair, his nose burried in Minghao's hair, fast asleep. 

Seungcheol shook them lightly awake. Jun was the first to open his eyes. He blinked groggily, then seemed to realize that Seungcheol was looking down at him. Jun nudged Minghao again, and the young dancer stretched and opened his eyes, but didn't move away from Jun. instead he curled closer to him, pushing his nose into Jun's neck, probably trying to get warm, saying as the Performance room was a tad chilly. 

"Can I ask what happened here?" Seungcheol spoke up, not sure he wanted to hear the answer. 

"He had a nightmare," Jun replied quietly and yawned, tightening his grip on Minghao. The younger murmured something in Chinese, and Jun mumbled something back. 

"Okay then." Seunghceol nodded at them, then walked over to Seungkwan, still watching them out of the corner of his eye. It didnt look like they were going to move anytime soon. Minghao was mubling in Chinese, which Seungcheol noticed he tended to do when he was tired. Jun was murmuring back, one hand rubbing Minghao's back, the other absentmindedly playing with Minghao's hair. 

Seungkwan had succeded on getting Dino up, so Seungcheol gestured toward the Chinese pair and murmured, "They're up." Seungkwan raised his eyebrows when he saw them in the same bed, but didn't say anything.

"I still gotta get Soonyoung up," Seungkwan told him, then took a determined breath. 

"Good luck. Im going to go see if our lump has decided to move." Seungkwan nodded at him, then began to climb up Soonyoung's bunk. Seungcheol went back to check on the lump, by which he meant Jihoon. 

As it turned out, Jihoon had not moved. But Jeonghan had. Leaving Jihoon to Seungkwan and Soonyoung, he went to go find his friend. 

He came to the kitchen and found what he was looking for, as well as something he wasn't. Seungcheol was suddenly standing in an extremely tense atmosphere. The source of that atmosphere: Jisoo and Jeonghan. 

"Are you alright? It seems like somethings bothering you," Jeonghan was saying, still in his pajamas with his hair tied back messily. 

"I'm fine," Jisoo replied curtly, pouring himself a glass of milk. 

"No, you're not, i can tell." 

"Jeonghan, I said I'm fine." Jisoo's voice was dangerously low. 

"Jisoo, whatever's bothering you-" 

"I said I'm fine!" The singer snapped, slamming his milk on the counter. 

The soft morning chatter around the dorm grew quiet. They had all heard Jisoo's outburst. 

Seungcheol eyes immediatly went to Jeonghan. The brunet blinked in surprise before turning and shoving past Seungcheol into the hallway. 

He gazed after him for a second, then turned to Jisoo. "What was that about?" He asked. 

Jisoo's hands trembled as he began to clean the milk that had jumped out of his glass. "Its nothing," he replied, his voice thick. 

Not wanting to get the singer mad, Seungchoel just nodded. "Okay. Just remeber, you can tell us anything." 

Jisoo nodded but it seemed forced. Casting one last look over his shoulder, Seungcheol followed Jeonghan to the vocal room. As he neared it, Seungkwan pranced out, followed by Soonyoung with his arm around Jihoon's shoulder. The small boy was looking grumpy, as usual. 

When Jihoon saw Seungcheol, he stopped him. "What happened?" He asked. 

Seungcheol shook his head. "I have no idea." 

"You may want to find out soon, Jeonghan looks mad." 

Seungcheol nodded at the singer, then placed a hand on his shoulder. "Thanks." 

Jihoon blinked. "For what?" 

"Waking up." 

Jihoon scowled at him. Seungcheol grinned, then noticed Soonyoung looking at him weirdly. "Are you okay?" Seungcheol asked him. 

Soonyoung blinked. "What? Im fine! Hey Jihoon, lets go see if anyone's made breakfast yet!" He said in a rush. The singer looked up at him before muttering, "right..." and following the dancer to the kitchen. 

Seungcheol stood in the hallway, thinking. "What was that about?" He whispered to himself, before shaking it off and walking into the vocal room. 

Jeonghan was sitting in his bed with his back against the wall, looking down at a notebook in his lap. When Seungcheol came in, he looked up, then patted the bed next to him. Closing the door, Seungcheol walked over and sat down. 

"So..." he said, looking at Jeonghan. "Do you know what that was about?" 

The singer shook his head sadly. Jihoon had said Jeonghan was mad, but he just seemed tired, even heartbroken. 

"Jisoo's been kinda distant lately. I dont know what's up with him. He's always so sweet and caring, but then sometimes, he's just weird, like it pains him to be around me. I wish he would tell me whats going on." Jeonghan sighed and leaned his head on Seungcheol's shoulder.

"You know Jisoo," Seungcheol murmured. "Sometimes all he needs is a little space. Just don't press him." 

Jeonghan sighed again. "I dont think I'll come. I'll just have Soonyoung teach me later." 

Seungcheol blinked. "No, come. It'll do you some good to get some fresh air." 

Jeonghan raised his head and looked at him. "You sure?" 

"It cant hurt." 

The singer nodded. "Okay. But if i get bored, you have to entertain me." 

Seungchoel smiled. "Deal." 

Suddenly Jeonghan twisted and put his arms around Seungchoel, burrying his face in his neck. "Thanks. There's really no one like you." 

Seungchoel breath hitched at the feeling of Jeonghan's warm nose against his neck, and the sweet words the singer had just whispered. After a brief moment of surprise, he put his own arms around Jeonghan. 

"Or you," he whispered into Jeonghan's hair. The auburn strands smelled of strawberries and vanilla cream. 

Seungcheol's heart skipped. He blinked. What just happened? What had he just felt? Was it..? No. he'd squashed those feelings long ago. Flustered and not wanting the moment to end, Seungcheol pushed down the feelings that he'd just had and took another breath of Jeonghans scent, Strawberries and Vanilla cream. Jeonghan. 

The singer was the first to pull away. Seungcheol couldnt help but stare as he pulled out his hair tie and combed his fingers through his auburn hair. 

"Here," he said, grabbing Jeonghan's personal brush. "Let me." 

The singer smiled and blushed. "Thanks."

Seungcheol nodded and began to slowly drag the brush through Jeonghan's hair. Jeonghan swayed as he worked through the tangles, humming quietly. He seemed to be feeling better. Hopefully, he would be well soon. 

"There you go. I'm going to go make breakfast, okay?" Seungcheol out down the brush and looked at the singer. Jeonghan nodded. 

"Yeah okay. Make me toast and eggs." 

Seungcheol smirked at him. "Not unless you say please," he sang. 

A pillow hit him in the face. 

But Seungcheol wasn't going to be beaten that easily. He shoved Jeonghan, pushing the singer back, but Jeonghan wasn't having any of it. They fell upon each other, laughing and shoving, untill Seungcheol threw himself at Jeonghan, knocking him over and trapping him against the bed. Seungcheol stared down at Jeonghan, his hands on eaither side of the singer's head. His cheeks burned, and he quickly scrambled off, stuttering an apology. 

"Im just going to go make breakfast now," he said hurriedly. 

"Okay," Jeonghan replied quietly, sitting up. Seungcheol picked up a pillow that had been knocked to the floor and tossed it at Joenghan, his heart skipping. He shook his head as he walked out, not sure what to think. He sagged against the wall outside the vocal room, his eyes closed. Whatever, he thought. Its nothing. 

Seungcheol shook himself out and went to go make breakfast. 

 

 

 

 

Hey hey hey babes, its me, seventeenfangirl, back with a new chapter, and more of your fave ships!! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it took so long to update, but i had some major writers block up in here, so yeah. Please recognize how much effort i put into this fir you all! I was up all night editing this chapter, to the point were i could barely see the letters on the keyboard i was so tired. Btw, im currently working on like, 6 other fics that will all be posted at some point in time, so get hype for that, yeah? Anyway, please comment and tell me what you think of this fic so far, and if you have any ideas or fics that you want me to write, dont be afriad to tell me!! Love you all, awesome nerds!! Untill next time!