Chapter 9

Into You

Jeonghan sighed and looked in the full-length mirror in the hip-hop room. He was wearing a black sweater and black jeans with new black sneakers. Sighing again, he turned and walked out. He seriously didn't know what else to do about his appearance.

Suddenly, he was shoved roughly into the open bathroom. Stumbling, he turned to face his attacker, to find Ming and Yuri standing shoulder-to-shoulder, looking over him.

"Seriously?" Ming asked, sounding absolutely done. "Is this the best you can do?"

Jeonghan shrugged. "What am I supposed to wear to the opening of a club?"

"Something other than this," Yuri said, then shrugged. "But you're like, our last person, and we're tired, so we won't change your look, we'll just enhance it."

"Okay?"

Ming pointed to the toilet. "Sit."

Jeonghan sat down and looked up at the intimidating pair. They both had their hands on their hips, makeup smudged on their hands and faces. Jeonghan was amazed at how similar they looked.

"Definitely need a smokey look for the eyes," Yuri murmured.

"Mmhmm. But his hair is a problem."

Yuri nodded in agreement.

"You get to work with the eye makeup, I'll go get Mingyu," Ming said, then darted out of the bathroom.

"Eyes closed," Yuri commanded. Jeonghan obeyed. A second later, he felt Yuri drag something cold and wet across his eyelid.

"What is that?" he muttered.

"Liquid eyeliner," Yuri replied, her voice full of concentration. "We dont usually use it for you guys. We use it more for the girl groups."

"Ah."

"Also, this is black. I usually use browns for you, so this is going to make you look a), mysterious, and b), y."

Jeonghan smiled. "Great."

Just then, he heard Ming come back into the bathroom. "See?" she was saying. "There is like, nothing I can do with this, his hair is just like, the wrong color."

"Yeah, I see what you're saying. If it was black, then this would work better. Ooh, or blond!"

"You are not, bleaching my hair just for this," Jeonghan growled, his eyes still closed.

"Oh, you're no fun, Jeonghannie!" Mingyu cried. Jeonghan knew he was pouting.

"I got it!" Ming said suddenly, snapping her fingers and startling Yuri, whose hand jerked, drawing a line across Jeonghan's face. He opened his eyes and gave Ming a sour look. She winced. "Sorry, here." She handed a bottle of makeup remover over to Yuri, who took it without a word. "Anyway, I've got this really temporary black hair dye in my van. If we put some of it in his hair, then that could totally make him stand out."

"Yeah, you're right," Mingyu agreed. "We could put some of it underneath, which will bring out his layers. Also, the ends of his bangs." Ming thought for a moment.

"Yeah, let's do this. I'll go get the dye." As Yuri dabbed at the side of his face, Mingyu began separating out his hair. Jeonghan felt Yuri fix his eyeliner and start on his eyeshadow.

"Got it!" Ming cried, coming back into the bathroom.

Jeonghan cracked an eye. "That was fast," he said.

She smirked. "I sent Jihoon down for it."

"You should really stop shoving that boy around," Yuri murmured, then hit Jeonghan in the forehead with the eyeshadow brush. "Eyes closed."

Sighing, he obeyed. "Nah, Jihoon's cool with it. I had to drag him away from that Seokmin guy though. Have you seen what he's wearing? Jihoon was going balistic trying to help." Jeonghan heard Ming pull on a pair of gloves to do his hair.

"Can you hurry up?" he muttered, getting impatient.

"I'm almost done," Yuri replied. Jeonghan knew without opening his eyes that she had an eyeshadow brush in . He let out an impatient humph, but didn't say anything. 

Jeonghan sat there as Ming and Mingyu painted the black onto his hair and Yuri dabbed at his eyelids. He could hear the kids running around excitedly, occasionaly popping into the bathroom to ask for Ming's opinion.

"Oh. My. Gosh," Jeonghan heard Dino say as he came into the bathroom. "Jeonghannie, you look amazing!'

"I wouldn't know," He replied. "Yuri won't let me look."

"I'm waiting for them to finish your hair. I think your reaction will be better if you see it all at once," Yuri replied.

"Definitely," Dino agreed. 

"Thanks," Jeonghan muttered impatiently. He heard Dino laugh and leave the bathroom.

"Finished!" Mingyu cried suddenly. 

"Thank goodness," Jeonghan breathed. "Can I look now?"

"Go ahead," Ming replied. 

Jeonghan opened his eyes and his mouth fell open. Yuri's amazing makeup skills had transformed him from a long-haired college kid to a mysterious man. There was brown and black eyeshadow that looked like smoke resting in his eyelids, and the thick black eyeliner made his eyes look like glowing amber. Ming and Mingyu had added the perfect amount of black to his auburn hair, making it seem darker. 

"I...I don't know what to say," he breathed. Ming smirked in the mirror. 

"What can I say? We're the best." She held out her hand and Yuri slapped it, looking smug.

Jeonghan stood there, gazing in the mirror. He looked so different. So mysterious. How did they do that? They made him seem like an entirely different person. 

"Hey, have you two seen Jeonghan, I can't find-" 

Jeonghan spun away from the mirror, and Seungcheol's words stopped. Jeonghan felt his own breath catch in his throat. The rapper was wearing a thin, white v-neck tee with a leather jacket and black jeans. His hair was gelled, with a few strands hanging in his dark eyes perfectly. A silver chain hung around his neck and left wrist. The first coherent thought that went through Jeonghan's mind was Oh my god, sweet jesus, holy , he looks amazing. (A/N Sorry about the cursing, but its gonna be happening more often now)

"Well, I think that's our cue to leave," Ming said with a snicker, but Jeonghan barely heard her. All he could see was Seungcheol.

Once the stylist trio was out of the bathroom, Seungcheol stepped forward. Jeonghan could barely breath. 

"Jeonghan," the rapper exhaled, "You look amazing."

Jeonghan felt heat rise into his cheeks. "Not too bad yourself, he murmured. Seungcheol went slightly red and took another step forward before reaching out and tugging on his hair. 

"This is new," he murmured. 

"Yeah, Ming had this really temporary dye she wanted to try out. Does it look okay?" He had already looked at himself in the mirror, but for some reason, he wanted to hear Seungcheol's opinion. 

The rapper nodded vigorously. "Yes! It looks amazing!" He grabbed Jeonghan's hand and twirled him around. "You look amazing," Seungcheol added, looking at him earnestly. 

Blushing, Jeonghan replied, "You look better." 

Seungcheol scoffed. "Have you looked in the mirror? You put everybody else to shame." 

Jeonghan smiled shyly and looked down at his hands to see that they were still in Seungcheol's. He flicked his gaze up and met Seungcheol's chocolate eyes, his heart hammering widely against his ribcage. 

"You really do look amazing, Jeonghan," the rapper murmured. Jeonghan's gaze fell down to Seughceol's lips for a fleeting second before he looked back up at the rapper. He realized that there was barely a centimeter of space between their faces, but he didn't lean away. He could feel Seunghceol's warm breath against his cheeks, and his eyelids fluttered closed and then-

"Are you two ready to go?" (A/N ha! I trolled u guys!! You thought they were gonna kiss, riiiight? 😋)

They lept away from each other, flushed and embarrassed. Jihoon was leaning agaisnt the bathroom door, looked down at his phone, he glanced up at the sound of their scuffle, looking exeptionaly bored. When he saw their flushed faces and they way they were standing awkwardly, he gave them a weird look. "What happened in here?" 

"Nothing," Seungcheol replied quickly. "Yeah we're ready. Did you get Seokmin sorted out?"

"Yeah, we're all waiting on you two." 

"Sorry," Jeonghan spoke up. "Ming wanted to do something with my hair." 

Jihoon's eyes traveled over Jeonghan's body. "Damn, Jeonghan, I don't usually say stuff like this, but you look fine. Literally everyone is going to be begging for your attention at the club." 

Jeonghan scowled at him. Jihoon shrugged. "It's true." Unintentionaly, Jeonghan glanced at Seunghceol and saw that he had gone unnaturally rigid. 

"Whatever," Jeonghan said, trying to hide the way his heart was still racing from his almost-kiss with Seungcheol. "Let's go.  I'm ready to have some fun." 

"Then get out there! Jihoon jerked his head towards the kitchen. Jeonghan gave him an exasperated look, but left the bathroom quickly to get away from Jihoon's prying eyes and Seungcheol's tense presence. 

When he came into the kitchen, everybody was getting last touch-up from the style trio. Yuri was putting a little bit more eyeshadow in the corners of Wonwoo's eyes, Ming was fussing over Seokmin's outfit, amd Mingyu was fixing Dino's hair. 

"I thought you said we were all ready," Jeonghan muttered to Jihoon. "Minghao's not here." 

"Well, you know Minghao. He probably forgot something." Jihoon shrugged. 

"True." Jeonghan took a step into the kitchen and the room suddenly fell quiet. He looked at them all. "What?" 

"Oh," Jun said.

"My" Seokmin added. 

"God'" Soonyoung ended.

"Oh my god," The rest of them echoed. 

Jeonghan looked at them. "What?"

Brushing past Jeonghan, Jihoon smirked at him. "Told ya you look fine." 

Jeonghan felt his face flush a firece red. "Guys seriosly, stop. I can't handle all of you staring at me." He noticed Yuri reluctantly pressing somehting into Ming's hand, The latter looking extraordinarily smug. Slipping through his friends, he came over to them and gestured at the small roll of cash in Ming's palm. "Do I want to know what you two were betting on?" He asked. Ming smirked. 

"Nope." 

Jeonghan scowled at her. "Whatever. Can we go now?" He called to Seungcheol. 

"Sorry, Minghao's not here yet." 

"Of course," Jeonghan muttered. Grumpy from all the attention he was getting, he leaned against the counter next to Seokmin, who looked a little off. "What died in your hair?" 

"Oh, that was my fault. I may have over-gelled a bit, and the style trio went nuts trying to fix it." 

"Understandable," Jeonghan muttered. 

Just then, Minghao came skidding into the kitchen, and Jeonghan had a sudden sense of deja vu. The feeling increased as he slipped and crashed into Jun, who once again went down with his boyfriend. 

"Oh, not again," Wonwoo muttered from next to Mingyu. Jun and Minghao untangled themselves, the younger blushing furiously

"Why am I such a clutz?" He moaned.

"It's your long limbs," Soonyoung replied.

"Really, I had no idea!" The dancer snapped sarcastically, then sighed. "Sorry." 

"You're fine, kid." 

Minghao quickly pulled on his black sneakers, then shoved his hands in his pockets. "Can we go now, cuz I really don't feel like embarrassing myself anymore." 

"Yeah, let's go," Seunghceol replied. 

"Finally," Jeonghan muttered. 

"Well, you boys have fun!" Yuri chirped, a weird smile on her face. "We'll just be here, you know, dorm-sitting and whatnot."

"Yep! Nothing's gonna happen here! Just, ya know, netflix and chill!" Ming added. 

"Ger out of my house," Jihoon growled at her, 

"No, let them stay," Seungcheol said. Suddenly, Scary Seungcheol came out. "But if I find out that you two threw a party here, you're both fired." 

I didn't know we hired Ming, Jeonghan thought to himself, then shrugged. 

The stylists excitement died. "Oh, you're no fun," Ming pouted. 

"Nope," Seungcheol replied. "Come on guys, lets go." 

 

 

 

 

Hey yalllll!!!!!!! I'm back, yaaaaaay!!!! I'm so sosososososo sorry that this chapter wasn't posted soiner, but I didn't have access to AFF for a long time. Thank you all so much for being oatient and waiting for this! Thsi chapfer kinda ended on a wimpy last note, but I didn't want it to be too long. Anyway, we're foing to be getting into some major jeonghancheol turbulence here in a bit, as well as some more hot and y soonhoon. No tho! I don't do that . Anyway, I love you all  so so much, and I want to thank you all again for reading and supporting my fic even though I have super late updates. This chapter is unedited at the moment, but i will try to get around to editing it soon. Thank you guys for always hanging in there!! If you guys have any questions for me or fic requests, dont be afriad to message me or comment! I always love hearing your ideas!! Also, I'm currently working on about three other Jeongcheol fanfics, as well as a collection of oneshots that I'm writing. Those aill be coming soon, so keep your eyes open if you want to read more of my stuffs. Anyway, love you all, awesome nerds!! Untill next time!!!!!