Chapter 3

Into You


Behind the board, Seungcheol was sitting in the floor of the van, stunned. It wasn't often he got shoved around like that by Jihoon. Something must've been bothering him. 

"Did you hear the little humph she made?" Vernon was saying. 

"Oh, shut up. She nearly got us killed," Jeonghan snapped.

"Gotta say, I'm with Jeonghan on this one," Seungcheol said before thinking about it. After he opened his mouth, he froze for a fraction of a millisecond before climbing into his seat. An awkward silence filled the back of the van. Jun coughed quietly, and Jisoo let out a little awkardly content sigh. Seungcheol and Jeonghan hadn't spoken all week, not agreeing, not talking to each other, not talking to each other. Only five words. 

The silence was then broken by Soonyoung, who pushed a button and the back of the van was transformed into a party house. Seungkwan started screeching along to what Soonyoung hand chosen, Girls Generation's I Got A Boy. Seungcheol was relieved the awkward silence was gone, but the sense of relief ended when the van screeched to a stop and he was thrown forward out of his seat. 

Then the lights died out, and they wre left in pitch darkness with Seungkwan holding onto a microphone for dear life. A little light came back into the van as the board fell and Jihoon crawled back. 

"We're here." 

They all looked at their shortest member in the darkness as he pulled back the van door. Knowing Seventeen was relying on him, Seungcheol tentatively stood up and crawled out.

Looking around,  Seungcheol's breath was taken away.  They were at a small park, barely a hill with a picnic table, that Seungcheol had never seen before. Even though it was small, it was beautiful. Seoul was still visible, but they were far enough away to see a glittering array of stars. A thin sliver of a moon hung in the sky, Washing the hill in silvery light. Seungcheol had never seen anything so magical. It was like he was in some fantasy world. 

Seungcheol was dully aware of the fact that the rest of Seventeen had climbed out of the van. He just wanted to look at the stars in silence, maybe with one other person, someone he felt connected to. He could almost imagine it, laying under the stars, Jeonghan beside him, his auburn hair washed in silver. 

Seungcheol mentally punched himself for thinking that. It had been a week and he still found himself thinking about the singer. Snap out of it! He told himself. Whatever Jihoonie has planned, you can't be thinking about him. 

"Where are we?" He asked Jihoon, who had joined him. 

"I don't know the name, but its a park north of Seoul. I come here if I'm stressed."

Seungcheol shot him a smile. "So this is where you disappear to all the time."

"Yep." Jihoon turned to face the rest of their family. "Follow me."

Someone coughed. "What about Ming?" Seungcheol could sense the eye roll that followed Vernon's question. 

"Don't worry, Lover Boy. She's staying by the Kaleidoscope, "Jihoon answered. 

"The what?" Seokmin asked. 

"I think he means the Karaoke Machine On Wheels," Jeoghan murmured they all hummed in understanding.  Seungcheol could tell Jihoon was giving them all weird looks. 

There was a silence before Jihoon said, "Your ability to name things amazes me," and turning to walk up the hill. Knowing he really didn't have a choice, Seungcheol followed. 

 

 

 

Jeonghan stuck close to Jisoo as they headed up the hill to whatever Jihoon had planned. The park was beautiful, though. The stars the hill, the moon, and the distance from the city all made it seem almost unearthly. It was the perfect  place to just lay down in the grass and just be.  Be Happy, be clam, be there. Jeonhan could almost see it, laying down in the grass, looking up at the stars, Seungcheol beside him. 

Practically terrified by the thought he just had, Jeonghan grabbed Jisoo's hand. The younger looked at him. "What?" He whispered. 

Jeonghan shook his head. "Just a thought," he replied. Jisoo gazed at him worriedly for a second then gave his hand a reassuring sqeeze. Jeognhan felt slightly comforted by his friend and they trecked the rest of the way up the hill in silence. 

Jihoon made them sit in a semi-circle on top of the hill. Jeonghan ended up between Seokmin and Jisoo, and he looked at Jihoon who was sitting in front of them. 

"Dearly beloved," he started out. Jeonghan heard Ming snort back at the Mini-bus of Girl Power. "We are gathered here today,"he paused again, then continued. "Beacause you all seriously need to make up. I am sick and tired of all the awkward silences, and the harsh words, and the avoiding that has been going on. So I have brought you to my favorite place ever, and when we leave, you all will have a new favorite place, and you are going to like it. So one of you start talking."

Jihoon had just talked about how he was sick of the awkward silences, but that was exactly what followed his speech. Jeonghan could hear the crickets chirping. He glanced adound, hoping someone would talk, but no one did. 

Jihoon sighed. "Okay fine. Vernon, you start." All eyes shifted over to the brown-haired rapper. He swallowed. After a minute of Vernon's silence, Seungcheol spoke. 

"Jihoon, I don't think it's fair to force us to talk. We'll stay here, but let us open up to  each other on our own time." They all nodded in agreement. Their shortest member looked at them for a moment, then nodded 

"Okay."

Jeonghan let out a breath of relief. Now he wouldn't be forced to talk about him and Seunghceol. The silence carried on for a while, and Jeonghan spent the time looking up at the stars. 

"Vernon?"

Everybody started at Seungkwan's voice.  Jeonghan looked over at the young singer and waited to see where  this would go. 

"Yeah?" Vernon replied. 

"Umm," Seungkwan paused. "I'm sorry. I guess I just overreacted. So, yeah..." he trailed off. Eveyone waited for Vernon's response. 

"I'm sorry too. I should've asked before using your laptop."

"Then we're cool?" Nothing could disguise the lilt of hope in Seungkwan's voice. 

"Yeah man." Even though it was dark, Jeonghan knew Vernon was smiling, and he smiled too. Everything was working out. 

There were a few more minutes if silence before Wonwoo spoke. "Mingyu?"

The younger lifted his head. "Yeah?"

"When you told me, I was surprised. I didn't really know how to respond, so I avoided you. But, this past week, I realized something I should've realized a long time ago." Wonwoo paused. Jeonghan had no idea where this conversation was going, but Wonwoo didn't seem embarrased, so he just listened. 

"I love you, Mingyu. And it took me a while to realize it, but I know how I feel now."

Jeonghan blinked in surprise at the confession. Looking around, he saw that everyone else seemed taken aback as well. And then, like one person, all eyes shifted over to Mingyu. 

"I love you too, Wonwoo," Mingyu replied, and crawled over to the older. It took Jeonghan by surprise when the taller leaned forward and kissed the older. Almost unwillingly, he glanced at Seungcheol, and was relieved to see that the rapper wasn't looking back at him, but with pride at the young couple. 

When the two broke apart, there was a light applause. It didnt really surprise Jeonghan that this had happened. After living with each other for two years, it made sense that some feelings would develop. There was some scuffling as they all shifted so the couple could sit together, then The8 spoke. 

"So, you all have probably been wondering what's been up with me lately." The young dancer stopped, and Jeonghan saw Jun slip his hand into Minghao's. "My mother has been sick," he said. "It got bad towards the end of last week. She's currently in the hospital. We don't know if she'll make it." 

Jeonghan heard the dancer's voice drack, and watched as Minghao turned his face into Jun's shoulder.The older quietly comforted him, rubbing his back and mumuring in Chinese. 

Then Jisoo spoke up. "Let's pray for Minghao's mother, guys." They all nodded and bowed their heads as Jisoo led them in a beautiful prayer for the young dancer's mother. He finished, and they raised their heads. Jeonghan nodded at his friend, silently telling him that it was a smart and extremely kind move. Jisoo gave him a small smile in return. 

Minghao sniffed. "Thanks guys. That means a lot to me."

"Of course. We're your family too. We'd always help you," Seungcheol said, smiling at the dancer. "Now, it's getting late. I think we should head back." 

Jeonghan couldn't believe it. He'd avoided talking about him and Seungcheol! How lucky was he?

"Oh, and Jeonghan?" 

Of course. He looked over at the rapoer. 

"Yes?" He asked, afraid of what Seungcheol would say. 

"Im sorry. I hope we can get back to our previous level of friendship. And if i made you uncomfortable in any way, im sorry for that too."

Not fully believing what he was hearing, Jeonghan just sat there for a second. Did this mean that Seuncheol was over what happened that night? There was no way to tell. But Jeonghan did want their friendship back. It they just treated each other the same way they used to, maybe things would work out. 

"Im sorry too. And yeah, i hope we can work this out and get back to our level of friendship as well." Seungcheol smiled at him, then stood up. 

"Come on everybody. Let's head back."

Slowly, they all stood up, but none of them headed back towards the van. Jeonghan gazed up at the stars and sighed. "You were right Jihoon. I do have a new favorite place." They all mumured in agreement, and Jeonghan looked at the singer as he smiled. 

"Im glad." 

They all turned  and slowly began to head back down The hill to where Ming and the Mini-bus of Girl Power were waiting. Jisoo came up next to Jeonghan and whispered, "what was that with you and Seungcheol?" 

Jeonghan shrugged. "I might tell you later."

Jisoo looked at him, then smiled. "Either way, im glad you two made up." 

Jeonghan turned around and looked up at the stars for a moment, before whispering, "me too," and climbing into the van.

 

 

 


Hey babes, its me!! I hope you all enjoyed the update!! Poor Minghao:( but i needed something beside happy love, so i decided on that. Anyway, i hope you all like it!!! Please comment with your thoughts, I would love to hear your thoughts! Love you all, awesome nerds!