Chapter 5

Into You

Seungcheol saw Jeonghan and Jisoo hugging, and immediatly felt that if he walked in, he would be interrupting a moment. He backed up, but stumbled into Jihoon, who let out a small, "oof." Jisoo lept away from Jeonghan and stared at them in surprise. Seungcheol winced. 

"Did we interrupt?" He asked. Jisoo blushed, but Jeonghan answered. 

"No, not really." 

Seunghceol looked at Jisoo, who seemed frozen. 

"O-o-o-o-oka-ay," he said, a bit awkwardly. "Well, either way, we should get going." Jisoo came out of his trance and nodded. 

"Yeah." 

Seungcheol nodded and turned around to go outside. Jihoon was already on the purple bike when he stepped out of the church, so he simply walked over to the blue bike and swung his leg over. He took the helmet off the handlebar and held it as he waited for Jeonghan. The brunet came out a second later, followed by Jisoo. When the younger saw them on the motorcylces, his mouth fell open. 

"No. Way." He said "Motorcycles?" Jihoon smirked. "Where did you get them?" 

"Where do you think?" Jeonghan replied, coming over to Seungcheol and taking the helmet from him. 

"Ming?" Jisoo asked in disbelief. 

"Yep." Jeonghan tossed him the helmet and got on the bike behind Seungcheol. Jisoo looked at the hemet for a second before putting it on and climbing on Jihoon's bike. "You might want to hold on," Jeonghan told him. "These things go fast." 

Jisoo nodded, then froze. "Wait, what?" He called, but it was lost in a sea of mindless screaming as Jihoon shot off down the road. Seungcheol laughed, then twisted around. 

"Why'd you give him the hemet?" He asked Jeonghan. He shrugged back. 

"If I know Jisoo, he's gonna need it." Seungcheol gave him a weird look at that, then shrugged and turned back around. 

"You good?" He called over his shoulder. He felt Jeonghan's arms go around his waist and turned his head enough to see him nod. "Okay. Remember. I won't let you fall."

So quiet he almost didn't hear it, Jeonghan whispered, "I trust you." 

Seungcheol blinked in surprise. He wasn't expecting his friend to say that. After hesitating for a moment, he started the motorcycle and eased out onto the street. But once he got to the main road, Seungcheol revved the engine and they shot off. He felt Jeonghan's arms tighten around him and risked a glance over his shoulder. Jeonghan had his brown eyes raised to see the buildings rushing by, and he had a small smile on his face as they sped down the street. Seungcheol turned his attention back on the road in front just in time. He slammed the brakes and the motorcycle screeched to a jarring stop. He felt Jeonghan bury his face in his shoulder as he anticipated impact. 

But when none came, and Jeonghan still didnt come out, Seungcheol placed one of his hands over his friends. 

"Its okay, Jeonghannie. You can come out now."

Tentatively, Jeonghan came out of his shoulder. Seungcheol felt him relax, so he took his hand away. Then Jeonghan proceded to punch him repeatedly. 

"I hate you!" He exploded. "I thought we were going to die!" 

"Calm down!" Seungcheol made a feeble attempt to block Jeinghan's blows. "I got distracted, I'm sorry!" 

Jeonghan glared at him. "That doesn't matter. What matters is I thought we were dead!" He huffed and crossed his arms. "No way I'm trusting you now," he muttered. 

Seungcheol twisted around. "Look. Im sorry. I'll pay attention, I swear." He looked at the brunet earnestly.  "I wont let us die." 

Reluctantly, Jeonghan looked at him. After a moment, he sighed and rolled his eyes. "Alright. But I'm never riding a motorcycle with you again."

Seungcheol laughed and turned back around. "Deal." 

Jronghan wrapped his arms back around his waist just as the light turned green. 

"Hold on," Seungcheol told him, then revved the engine and they shot off down the road. 

When they finally arrived back at the dorm, it was five-thirty. The sun was beginning to set over Seoul, washing the city in golden light. Seungcheol pulled up infront of their building, and saw Jihoon leaning against the wall looking like a small delinquent ready to shoot someone, and Jisoo curled in a ball by his feet, looking like he had just been dragged throung a thornbush backwards and run through the dishwasher. In other words, it looked like an emo teenager had just beat up a wimpy Catholic boy. 

Seungcheol parked the motorcycle and Jeonghan hopped off and headed over to the trembling singer. Seungcheol folowed more slowly and heard the brunet talking to him.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" 

Shaking, Jisoo answered, "I'm never riding a motorcycle again." 

Jeonghan laughed. "Me neither. Now come on." He extended a hand down to the singer, who exepted it. Seungcheol watched, his hands in his pockets, as Jeonghan wrapped an arm around Jisoo's shoulders and said, "I'll make you some hot chocolate when we get inside." Jisoo just nodded. 

Seungcheol sighed and rubbed his neck. 

"You okay?" Jihoon asked. 

"Yeah," he replied. "I'm just looking forward to relaxing for the rest of the evening." 

Jihoon nodded. "Me too." 

They headed inside in a companionable silence and stepped into the elevator. But for some reason, the closer they got to their floor, the more wary they got. When they finally reached it, a sense of dread washed over Seungcheol. The elevator let out a pleasant ding, and right away, he knew his evening of relaxation, was not going to happen. 

The sound that greeted them was screaming. Rushing to their door, Seungcheol saw that Jeonghan and Jisoo where just standing there. Then he was shoved out if the way by Jihoon, who's eyes were blazing, with worry or fury, Seungcheol couldn't tell. 

"That's Soonyoung!" He muttered. Seungcheol listened for a moment, and sure enough, he could tell it was Soonyoung and Seokmin. 

"Jihoon-" 

A loud crash stopped him short. Seungcheol glanced at his friends in alarm, but no other sound followed, just a stunned silence. 

Then Seungcheol heard Seokmin's angry voice drift thrigh the door. "Are you crazy!?" He was yelling. 

Seungcheol bolted inside, desperate to break up the fight. As he took in the scene before him, he was dully aware that Jihoon and the others had come in behind him. 

Seokmin and Soonyoung were facing off in the middle of the main room, a shattered lamp laying by the island counter. Dino was standing behind Vernon and Seungkwan who were holding hands, and next to Jun and Minghao. Jun had an arm wrapped around the Chinese dancer who looked terrified. Mingyu was protectively holding Wonwoo and glaring at Seokmin and Soonyoung. 

"What's gotten into you Soonyoung?" Seokmin was saying. "The rest of us leave it alone, why can't you?!"

Soonyoung glared at him fiercely. "Beacuse. Things are just different for me," he spat.

"Well, they shouldnt be!" Seokmin cried. 

"But they are!" Soonyoung exploded. "Look, I'm sorry, but I just can't. And unless you accept that, this is going to keep happening." Soonyoung curled his lip, his fists clenching and unclenching. Seungcheol could tell he was trying hard to hold himself back. 

"I just don't understand, Soonyoung!" Seokmin yelled desperately. "Why can't you just accept it?" 

"Because i can't!" He screamed. 

Just then, Seungcheol was shoved out of the way by Jihoon, who stalked over to Soonyoung. The dancer's eyes widened when he saw him. "Jihoon," he mumured, surprised. 

Jihoon raised his his hand and slapped him. 

Seungcheol's breath caught in his throat. A stone cold silence hung over the dorm, as if everyone had drawn a breath and forgotten how to breath. 

A shadow crossed Soonyoung's face as he stood there, a red welt starting to form on his cheek. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Jihoon snapped. "After everything, all the talks, all the apologies, why are you creating even more tension?" 

Soonyoung didnt respond. 

"Fine," Jihoon huffed. "Just ruin everything, see if i care." 

The dancer flexed his jaw before muttering, "Leave me alone," and storming off to the performance room. Minghao darted after him, but then there was the sound of a door slamming and Minghao returned, looking worried. 

 Seokmin let out a frustrated scream and stomped off to the vocal room. Seungcheol looked at everybody, his eyes wide. "What was that all about?" He asked, but nobody responded. They all glanced at each other, then at Jihoon. Seungcheol followed their gazes and blinked. 

"Jihoon, why don't we go talk to Seokmin?" Seungkwan suggested. The singer - who had been glaring at the spot where Soonyoung had previously been - nodded. When he turned around, his eyes were blazing with fury. Seungcheol had never seen him this mad before in his life. Tonight had probably been the first time someone lashed out at another member. 

Jihoon and Seungkwan went to go talk to Seokmin, while the rest of them all glanced at each other. 

"So," Jeongan spoke up. "What's going on?" Mingyu glanced at everybody, then relaxed his grip on Wonwoo and stepped forward. 

"Well, I'm not exactly sure how it started, but," he paused and glanced around again. "Soonyoung's jealous." 

Seungcheol gave them a weird look. "Jealous? Of who?" 

Dino stepped forward. "Ming." 

Seungcheol did a double take. "Ming?" He asked. "Why on earth would Soonyoung be jealous of Ming?" 

"Isn't it obvious?" Dino replied. Seungcheol frowned. "Soonyoung likes Jihoon." 

The first thought that went through Seungcheol's head was I knew it! He had been watching the two for a while now. Soonyoung was always gazing at Jihoon with a certain fondness whenever the singer wasn't looking, and Jihoon reserved certain actics for Soonyoung.  Even thought the older was more outgoing, Jihoon enjoyed being around him, Seungcheol could tell. 

"I knew it!" He burst out. But then a thought struck him. "But that still doesn't tell me why Soonyoung's jealous of Ming." 

"Well," Dino started. "None of us really know Ming's relationship wih Jihoon, so I guess he thinks they're dating." 

"That's insane!" Jeonghan burst out. "Of course they're not dating!" 

Mingyu shrugged. "Soonyoung doesn't know that."

Seunghcheol sighed. "So that giant fight was beacuse Soonyoung's jealous of Ming and can't control his emotions towards Jihoon. Fantastic." 

"I know right?" Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "And now he's going full emo teenager on us. If only he'd let us talk about this. Mingyu and I know what he's going through, we could help." 

Mingyu nodded in agreement.

"I doubt that's going to happen for a while," Vernon muttered. They all nodded. 

"I still knew it though," Seungcheol pointed out.

"Me too. I've been watching them ever since I saw them on Jihoon's bed looking at lyrics," Jeonghan piped up. 

"I'm shivering from the awful experience of riding a motorcycle with Jihoon, and I'm freezing, and somebody better get me hot chocolate fast," Jisoo spoke up, his teeth chattering. They all exchanged amused glances. 

"Right, sorry," Jeonghan said, glancing at Seungcheol with laughing eyes. "I'll get right on it." 

Seungcheol grinned back. 

"I'll clean up the vase," Minghao's soft voice said, a hint of laughter hiding under all the worry the young dancer was carrying. 

Seungcheol smiled kindly at him. "Thanks alot, Minghao." 

"Oh, you guys must be hungry!" Mingyu exclaimed. "I'll make something for you!" 

"Thanks, Mingyu," he and Jisoo echoed back. Then they all sat down in a worried yet happy silence, eating snacks, and Jisoo wrapped in five blankets with a cup of hot cocoa. 

They were all chatting quietly, with Seungcheol on the couch between Jisoo and Jeonghan. The brunet was leaning back against the arm if the couch with his feet in Seungcheol's lap. Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jun and Minghao were all on the floor, with Vernon on Jisoo's other side and Dino cleaning the kitchen. 

Just then, Jihoon stormed into the room. 

 

 

 

Jeonghan looked up at the sound of angry feet coming into the room. Jihoon had entered, his eyes blazing. 

"I can't believe it!" He burst out. Jeonghan glanced at Seungcheol worriedly. 

"What?" Mingyu asked cautiously. 

Jihoon glared at him. "Seokmin won't tell me what happened," he snarled. Jeonghan's eyes widened. Jihoon was more mad than he'd ever seen him. He looked like he wanted to break something, and Jeonghan was getting kinda scared. 

Pulling his feet out of Seungcheol's lap, he sat up and shifted a bit closer to the rapper. He looked at him and saw that we was getting scared too. 

Then Seokmin came into the room, trailed by a worried-looking Seungkwan. Jihoon's face set into an unpleasant scowl. 

"I'm going to the roof," he muttered, his voice deadly dangerous. "And if any if you follow me, you're dead." 

Nobody said anything as the short singer stormed out of the dorm. 

Jeonghan relaxed against Seungcheol, who rubbed his back. He'd never seen Jihoon this mad. It was frightening. 

Then they all turned and glared at Seokmin. He blinked. "What? Did you really want me to tell him that Soonyoung likes him and he was jealous of Ming and couldn't control his emotions?" 

"That's not-" Dino started. 

"Look, I'm sorry that this happened, but I really don't think Jihoon should know," Seokmin cut him off. "Soonyoung should be the one to tell him."

As much as Jeonghan wanted this to be over, Seokmin was right. If they told Jihoon the reason for the fight was because Soonyoung liked him, things would escalate to a whole new level. 

Just then, Jeonghan heard a door open and slow, reluctant, footsteps start down the hall. He and Seungcheol exchanged a glance as the source of the sound came closer. Everyone looked at one another anxoisly as the waited, not sure what was going to happen.

Soonyoung entered the room, his face bright red as he glared at the floor. When he spoke, Jeonghan could barely hear him. 

"Where's Jihoon?" 

They all exchanged nervous glances. 

"Uh-" 

Where is he?!" Soonyoung cut Dino off, his voice rising before he seemed to realize. "Where is he?" He echoed, softer this time. 

Scared, Jeonghan searched for Seungcheol's hand. The rapper glanced at him before giving his hand a reasuring squeeze. 

"The roof'" Mingyu croaked out, his voice hoarse with reluctance. 

Within seconds, Soonyoung was gone. 

Jeonghan let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding and relaxed against Seungcheol, resting his head on his shoulder. 

"I can't belive this," he mumured softly, starting to feel a little sick. 

"Me neither," Seungcheol replied. Jeonghan let out a long sigh and closed his eyes. 

"Wake me up when this is over," he whispered. 

"Night Jeonghannie," Seungcheol murmured, he breath warm against Jeonghan's head. 

The last thing Jeonghan felt before he fell asleep was Seungcheol's thumb rubbing the back of his hand reassurringly. 

 

 

 

 

Hey babes, I'm back!! I feel like this chapter isn't the best, but the next one will literally be just a soonhoon moment that i've been planning for ages. It won't come right away, but im Super excited, i hope you all will like it!! sorry about all those update chapters, btw, i'll probably remove them. I hope u all enjoyed this chapter!! Please comment if u have anything u want to say, or if u have ideas and such, i would love to hear your feedback! Love you awesome nerds!!!!!!