Chapter 2

Into You

There was tension in the dorm. Jihoon could feel it. Jun and The8 always seemed to be next to each other, but there was a sort of underlying worry and stress that Jihoon could sense. Seungkwan and Vernon had gotten into a fight the other day over who knows what and currently weren't speaking to each other. Mingyu was always looking like something was wrong, and everyonce in a while, he would glance at Wonwoo, who seemed to be supporting Vernon in the maknae's fight, and also seemed to be avoiding Mingyu. 

But the main cause of the tension, was Seungcheol and Jeonghan. For a week now, Jihoon's oldest friends had been avoiding  each other, never speaking unless they had to. 

In fact, today was probably the worst day. Jihoon looked around the table as Seventeen picked at their midnight dinner in silence. 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan were as far away from each other as possible, and currently, everyone was feeling the tension. Whatever had been going on with his friends was really bothering Jihoon. He had no idea what had happened, but he wanted to. It also didn't help that the two had no idea the effect it had on everybody. 

"Okay! I've had enough!" He burst out, slalming his hands on the table. "Everybody, follow me!" 

Not looking to see if everybody was indeed following him, Jihoon stormed outside and stood infront of their building.

"Jihoon, where are we going?" Soonyoung asked. 

"You'll see. Now gimme your phone." The dancer obeyed and dug his phone out of his jacket. Jihoon probably should've thought about this more, but he just needed to get there. Everyone else had been smart and grabbed jackets for the cold Seoul nights. 

The other person picked up after just two rings. 

"Woozi, you'd better have a good reason for calling right now, 'cause I was about to go to bed. Also, I know it's you, because you always call with Soonyoung's phone. By the way, when am I gonna meet him?" 

"Pretty soon, actually," Jihoon replied. "I need a ride."

The other person thought for a moment. "Alright fine. How many?" 

"Thirteen." 

"Who are you talking to?" Soonyoung whispered in his free ear. Jihoon pushed him away as the other person replied. 

"I can be at your dorm in five minutes. But I'd better get paid for this Woozi. I love you, but really." 

"Yeah okay. Thanks Ming." He could almost hear her shake her head. 

"Only for you, Woozi." The click told him she had hung up. He handed the phone back to Soonyoung and shoved his hands in his jeans pockets. 

"Jihoon, i have some questions." He didn't look at Seungcheol as he replied. 

"I was just talking to my friend Ming, who's going to be here in like, two minutes to take us to a place. That's all you're getting." 

"This is weird, whats going on?" Dino asked. 

"You'll see," Jihoon replied. "Seungcheol, make sure everybody stays out here." He didn't have to look to his left to know that Seungcheol was giving him a weird look. 

"Alright," the rapper replied, a little bit reluctantly. And so, Jihoon was left alone at the front of the pack, his hands in his pockets, freezing to death as he waited for Ming. 

Finally, a pair of green purple, pink and blue headlights washed over him. He blinked in surprise, and sensed the rest if Seventeen gather up behind him in confusion. 

There was some banging around in the teal van that had pulled up in front of him, then a door slid open and Ming popped out. 

Ming was nineteen years old, and an insanely free spirit. Her hair was curently dark red with thin pink streaks, and her bangs framed her face in crimped waves, with two long pigtails falling over her shoulders She wore a white denim jacket Jihoon had seen so many times. He knew it was covered with band logos on the back. Under the vest she wore a simple black camisole. Ming wore short jean shorts and her signiture converse boots, and white cat socks stretched up to her thighs. 

She snapped her gum and grinned, leaning back against the van. 

"Ming," Jihoon greeted. 

"Woozi." Ming smirked and jerked her head towards the open van. "Get in."

 

 

Jeonghan had said exactly five words to Seungcheol over the past week, and he still felt conflicted. He sat as far away from the rapper as possible at meals, and avoided eye contact.

But it was affecting the rest of Seventeen. He could tell. So he wasn't very surprised when Jihoon slammed his hands on the table and told them to follow him. 

Jeonghan grabbed a jacket from him room and fell into step with Jisoo.

He had been spending time with the singer for the past week. Jisoo and he were close, so when Seungcheol and him had their little episode, Jisoo was the person he went to. He didn't ask why he was avoiding Seungcheol. He just stood by Jeonghan and supported him. 

"Do you have any idea where Jihoon is taking us?" He asked Jisoo as they headed outside. 

"Nope." They stood shivering outside their building for five minutes ,wondering what was happening, untill a set of multi-colored headlights washed over them. Jeonghan and Jisoo glanced at each other once they saw the teal van that was really more of a mini-bus. They crowded up behind Jihoon, who didn't seem at all surprised to see the party-mobile, and looked. There was some banging around, then a sliding door popped open and out came a girl. 

She was gorgeous. Jeonghan heard Vernon whistle as she appeared. 

As Seventeen stared at her, she snapped her gum and grinned. 

Then Jihoon spoke. "Ming."

The girl- Ming -replied with, "Woozi," Jihoon's stage name. Then she looked over Seventeen and jerked her head towards the open van. "Get in."

While Jihoon had no problems with climbing into the Mini-bus of Girl Power, Jeonghan and the others hesitated. Bravely, Jisoo stepped forward and climbed in. Swallowing, Jeonghan followed. The back of the van was pitch black, and Jeonghan understood the banging he'd heard befroe Ming opened the door. He managed to climb into the very backseat next to Jisoo without killing himself, and sighed.

"I'm going to kill Jihoon for this," He muttered. Jisoo hummed in agreement. 

"Wassup guys. Any idea-WOAH!" 

Jeonghan grunted as a big lump of Vernon landed in his lap. 

"Get off, Hansol," He sighed and shoved the rapper into the next seat. 

"Sorry," Vernon replied. "But seriously, where are we going?"

"No idea. Jihoon's not saying anything," Jisoo said. 

"How do you know?" Vernon challeneged. 

"Because he's sitting in the front with Ming," Jisoo replied. 

"Lucky," Vernon muttered. 

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow. "Got a bit of a crush Vernon?" He teased. His friend shoved him. 

"Hey's she's cute," he proteseted. 

"Yeah, if you call converse boots and dark red hair cute," Wonwoo said as he climbed in. "If you ask me, she's hot."

Vernon thought for a second, then said, "'Kay, you got a point." 

Jeonghan shoved him. "Really, guys?"

"Yeah cut it out," Jisoo added. 

"I can hear you!" Ming called from the front. Jeonghan laughed, and even in the dark, he could tell Vernon was bright red. 

"Watcha' laughing about?" Seokmin said as he climbed into the van.. 

"We'll tell you later," Jisoo said through his laughs. 

"Okay." Then there was a loud thump, and Seokmin was no longer standing up as party lights flooded the van. 

Jeonghan saw Ming as she twisted around. "Sweet!" She exclaimed. "My lights work again! Awesome!" 

As Ming danced around in the front seat with Jihoon (Well, Jihoon wasn't dancing), Jeonghan leaned over to Jisoo asnd whispered, "I have come to the conclusion, that Ming is a nut."

Jisoo snorted. "So true," He whispered back. Slowly the rest of Seventeen gathered up their courage to board the Ming Express. Seungcheol was the last, and he closed the door behind him. 

"All set boys?" MIng called out, but didn't wait for an answer before calling, "Good!" and shooting into the main street. Seungcheol found a board and propped it up so the back was seperated from the front. 

"Ming is a nut right? I'm not the only one who thinks that?" Jeonghan asked. 

"Well, I wouldn't phrase it like that," Jun replied. "I would say she's free-spirited. Although, yes, nut works just fine."

Dino stiffled a laugh. Some of the tension left the van, but they had practically just been kidnapped by Jihoon, so there was a lot of tension. It also didn't help that there weren't any windows in the back of the Mini-bus of Girl Power, so they had no idea where thy were going. 

"Okay, but seriously, where are we going?" Dino asked. Nobody knew the answer, so nobody replied. After about two minutes, Soonyoung said, "I'm freaked. I just wanna go home. whatever Jihoon has planned, why couldn't it had happened on the roof?" 

"I don't know. I'm kinda freaked too," Jeonghan said. 

"Well, that's fine and well, but what I want to know, is why there's a karaoke machine in this wall?" They all looked at Seokmin weirdly as he help up a microphone that,  sure enough, was connected to a karaoke set in the wall.They all looked at each other for a minute, silently agreeing. 

"Yep. Ming's definitely a nut," Soonyoung stated. 

"But while we're waiting..." Seungkwan trailed off.

"Might as well," Seunghcheol shrugged. 

And just like that, the Karaoke Machine on Wheels was filled with the sound of Bang Bang Bang.

 

 

Jihoon raised a hand to his forehead as the bass beats of Bang Bang Bang filled the back of Ming's van. 

"I swear, those idiots," he sighed, then was hurled against the window as Ming swerved around a corner at top speed. "Are you trying to get us killed?" he snapped at her. She glanced at him, her blue eyes concerned. 

"Jeeze, you weren't kidding just now. There has been some serious tension at your place."

Jihoon gave her a long look. "Why would I be kidding?" He asked her, an utter tone of doneness in his voice that even he could hear. 

"Well, I just thought you were exagerating, but your moods tend to reflect the moods of those around you," Ming said, trying to tone down her reckless driving. 

"They do?" Jihoon had never heard this about him. 

"Woozi. Honey." Ming took her eyes off the road to look at him. 

"Pay attention!" He barked as the Kaleidescope, which is what Ming called her van, started to veer in the direction of a brick wall. 

"Sorry!" She squeaked, and jerked the van back on track while simultaneously slamming Jihoon into the window again. He glared at Ming. 

"But seriously Woozi. How long have we been friends?" 

"Umm, for about half my life, you lived across from me," Jihoon said pointedly. 

"Yes, well, after that." Ming snapped her gum in annoyance. 

"After that you tried to kill me with fish," Jihoon replied. 

"Just answer the question!" Ming snapped. 

"About a year," Jihoon told her. 

Ming opened to reply, then just sighed. "My point is, I know you. And when your friends are on high tension, so are you." Ming risked a glance at him. "So whatever you have planned, it's probably worth it."

Jihoon propped his chin on his hand and stared out the window. "It is," he whispered. 

It only took Ming about point two seconds to ask, "So what do you have planned?" 

Jihoon opened his mouth to reply, but Ming wasn't done. "'Cause right now, I'm practically driving in circles." 

Jihoon let out an airy laugh, then glanced behind him to check that his friends couldn't listen. The music was now Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake and he was insanely releived that he wasn't a part of it. 

"You know that park north of the city?" Jihoon whispered. 

"The one that is literally a hill with a picnic table?" Ming asked. 

"Yep."

Ming looked at him, and the Kaleidescope swerved to the right. 

"Ming!" Jihoon cried, and was thrown to one side as she righted the van. There was an insistent knocking on the board seperating them from the back, so Jihoon knocked back to show that he was listening. There was a slight scuffle, and the board was pulled away as Ming pulled up to a red light. 

Seungcheol stuck his head between them, and took what appeared to be a calming breath before opening his mouth an practically screaming, "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US KILLED YOU NUT?" In Ming ear. He was also probably trying to make Ming flinch, but Jihoon had been to enough concerts with his friend to know that she could stand next to a full-size speaker at the beginning if a concert and wouldn't even blink. You'd have to plant her next to an explosion to get her to flinch or cover her ears. 

Ming stuck her nose in the air, and Jihoon noticed a small diamond nose stud he hadn't seen before. "I'm sorry I'm a bad driver. Blame Jihoon for getting me to drive." She added a little "humph," at the end, and Jihoon was entertaining himself with the thought of how Vernon was reacting to it when he realized what Ming had just done. 

Having dealt with Seungcheol's rage before, Jihoon's first instinct was run! He instinctively darted for the van door, but Ming, being the annoying she-devil that she was, locked the doors. After discovering he was trapped, Jihoon nervously turned back to Seubgcheol.

"WHY DID YOU GET THIS NUT TO DRIVE US?" The rapper screeched. Jihoon flinched.

"Because she's the only person who would be willing to drive us around at midnight?" Jihoon tried.

"She's a nut," Seungcheol stated. Ming, probably having decided that she didn't want to be called a nut, appeared behind Seungcheol. "Correction, I'm just bad at driving."

"Shut up!" They both told her, she threw her habds up in exhasperation.

"Just sayin."

Jihoon turned his attention back to Seungcheol. "Look, she may be a nut,"

"Bad driver," Ming cut in.

"But she's getting us where we need to go.  Also, this is how you drive. You should be used to it. " Seungcheol opened his mouth to reply, but Jihoon was quicker. "Now shut up and go sing something," Jihoon shoved his leader back into the back and pulled the board back up. "You know where to go, Ming," he said. She grinned and shot off down the road.

 

hey babes! Hope you all enjoy chapter two!!! Please comment, i would love to hear your feedback. Also, if you have any ideas for this fic, feel free to tell me and i'll see what I can do! Love you awesome nerds! <3