Mama's Boy

Unexpected Places

~September 13~

{Q&A cafe}

Jisoo smiled as he watched Jihoon and Soonyoung bicker on their way back from getting coffee. He quite liked spending time with his new neighbors. They complimented each other quite well and there was never a dull moment while hanging out with them (he had learned that the hard way when they had invited Jeonghan and him to game night last week.They played Monopoly. Let’s just say that it got out of hand). Jihoon was also one of the few people that Jisoo could seriously talk to about music. As an avid guitarist and singer, he had immediately clicked with the up-and-coming producer. Jihoon had even given him very useful advice for a project that he was working on after he had showed him the preliminary version.

“JISOO!” Soonyoung cried, startling him. “Which is a better ice cream flavor, Death by Chocolate or Caramel Cookie Batter?”

“Umm,” he glanced back and forth between Soonyoung and Jihoon who were eagerly awaiting his answer. “I’m a chocolate fan, why?”

“YES!” Soonyoung enthusiastically high-fived the purple-haired boy who grinned happily. “Thank you!” Jisoo was just very confused.

“We were having a debate with our friends over what the best ice cream flavor is. You just broke the 3-3 tie in favor of the most delicious thing ever created!”

“Well, you’re welcome, I guess.” He smiled, his lips curling into a feline smile. Soonyoung tilted his head to the side, studying the motion. “What?” Jisoo suddenly felt a tad self-conscious under the blue-haired boy’s gaze.

“Hyung, has anyone ever told you that you look like a cat?” Jisoo blushed. In fact, Jeonghan told him that quite often; the artist had even drawn an incredibly detailed picture of him as a cat-person. It had also lead to one of Jeonghan’s more private nicknames for the younger, kitten, but Jisoo would rather not get into that.

“Has anyone every told you that it’s rude to tell people they resemble animals?” Jihoon sassed.

“Hey- it’s not like I called him a monkey or hippo! Being told you look like a cat isn’t necessarily a bad thing!”

“What if he’s allergic?”

“Allergic? Pshh- Just look at him! His appearance practically screams cat-lover!” Soonyoung gestured wildly at Jisoo, practically spilling the coffee cups that he had clutched in his hands.

    “I hate to break up this lively discussion, but I really would like my coffee before you spill it all over some poor, unsuspecting customer.”

    “Oh- Here.” Soonyoung handed him the nearly-forgotten coffee before taking a sip of his own neglected drink. They settled themselves down at one of the many open tables in the cafe. “So how’s Jeonghan?” Soonyoung asked, it had been a while since he had seen the long-haired boy around their apartment complex.

    “Well,” Jisoo’s eyes lit up at the mention of his love. “He’s been really busy lately with both classwork and personal stuff. He loves painting and he just can’t help but to get caught up in it at times. I’m sure you two understand.” Jihoon nodded thoughtfully, once he had stayed up three days straight working on a piece before Soonyoung had dragged him from his studio, practically forcing him into bed. He had slept for an entire day. Even Soonyoung, while not quite as extreme as Jihoon (dance had more physical restraints than composing and actually required consumption of nutrients and at least one or two hours of sleep here or there unless you wanted to pass out, something which had totally not happened to Soonyoung at all. Nope, never.), was also ridiculously hard-working.

“I'm just really happy that he's getting to live his dream.” Jisoo smiled softly into his cup of hot chocolate (which it was not too early in the year for, thank you very much).

“It might be a lot of work and pain now, but it's sure as hell worth it.” Jihoon agreed solemnly. For him nothing would ever come close to the feeling of completing a new track, perfecting every last detail (Well almost nothing, there was one thing that might rival it, but it's only chapter 7 and we have plenty of time to get to whatever that thing is).

“Look at us being all deep and stuff,” Soonyoung grinned cheekily swinging his arm around Jihoon’s shoulder. “You’ll never guess who Seok saw at the movies the other day!” He leaned in conspiratorially. Jihoon just rolled his eyes, but as much as he hated to admit it, Soonyoung knew he loved gossip. There was just something about silently judging others that really struck a chord with his demonic side. Jisoo, on the other had, just liked to know what was going on. While he frowned upon hurtful rumors, he didn't mind the idle kind of gossip that injured no one.

“He saw our very own Diva Boo!” Jihoon just groaned, while Jisoo just nodded, he'd never actually met Seungkwan although he had heard rumors about the boy’s lively personality.

“Hosh, that's hardly surprising, they go the movies together all the time.” Soonyoung shot him an annoyed look.

“As I was saying before a certain purple-haired demon rudely cut me off,” he stuck his tongue out a Jihoon who rolled his eyes again. “Seok saw him there with a boy!”

“Good for him, Seungkwan sounds like he could use a little bit of sweetness in his life.” Jisoo smiled happily, thinking of all the sugar present in his.

“And get this, it was that boy, his roommate- Hansol!”

“Is he the Dicaprio one from Aju Nice Ice?” Soonyoung nodded in response.

“Look at you, actually remembering someone!”

“I know, right? It's a big moment for me. I would like to thank my parents for this honor, I never could have gotten to where I am today without your continuous love and support! Saranghae!”

“I'm sorry did you say Hansol? As in Hansol Vernon Chwe?” Jisoo broke up Jihoon's little acceptance speech.

“His middle name is Vernon?” Soonyoung muttered more to himself than anyone else. He couldn't have stopped his mind from immediately jumping to Harry Potter if he tried (which he didn't because even as someone who doesn't read much, he's read all the books... And watched all the movies... And taken the official house quiz. He was a hufflepuff, something that his slytherin best friend liked to constantly about. To which he responded “at least my house isn't the antagonist of the entire series!”).

“You know him?” Jihoon sounded genuinely curious.

“Yeah, I've known him since we were both little. Our families are really good friends, his mom and dad are almost like my Korean parents.”

“It must be nice to have someone you can speak in English to.”

“Yeah, it would completely stink if I got rusty. Imagine showing up at Christmas and no longer being able to speak the language!” Soonyoung laughed while Jihoon smiled.

“That would make for an awkward dinner.”

“My mom would be so disappointed, you don't even know.” Jisoo’s mom was the overly-proud-of-her-kids type, she was constantly telling anyone and everyone who would listen about her babies. “It's gotten to the point where I'm not even the only one she brags talks about anymore.” Jisoo was an only child but recently his mom had taken to referring to Jeonghan as her son as well (she also called Hansol her child, but that was something that had been going on for a while). “You should hear the things she says about my ‘husband’!”

“Well at least you know she likes him.” Jihoon shrugged and Jisoo looked at him pointedly.

“‘Where's Jisoo? I'm glad you asked! He’s studying in Korea right now with his husband. You should see how well that kid paints, it's crazy! I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next Rembrandt. I remember the first day that Jisoo introduced me to him, I thought he was a literal angel- the perfect fit for my baby boy!’- Do you want me to go on? Because I totally can.” Jisoo finished dramatically. He loved his mom to bits, but she could be a little extra sometime.

“Wow.”

“I know! I'm not even exaggerating. That's only one time too, I can't even count the number of times she's talked about me as if I wasn't there!” Honestly the other boys thought it was kind of sweet. From what they'd heard, his mom seemed like an incredibly caring person. It was easy to see where that aspect of Jisoo’s personality had come from.

“I hate to break it to you, but in terms of overly-enthusiastic parents, Hosh’s got you beat.” Jihoon had met Soonyoung’s mom a grand total of three times and he still had nightmares about it. Shuddering he remembered the way she had excessively pinched his cheeks before crushing him in a life-threatening hug. She was like Soonyoung when he'd had too much sugar.

“It's not my fault that she thinks you're an ‘amazing, adorable, bubblegum-haired baby!” Soonyoung cackled and Jihoon scrunched his face in annoyance. Soonyoung’s mom hadn't been the entire reason why he changed his hair color from pink to purple, but she'd definitely been part of it (a somewhat sizable part). “It's also not my fault that you hate being called adorable! Besides I don't think she's that bad.”

“Not that bad? I seriously thought I was going to die of asphyxiation last time she hugged me. For a moment I thought she might be a reticulated Python!”

“Please, it can't have been that bad. Plus she's also stopped touching you as much, per my request, might I add.”

“As much? She still touches me more than my own mother!” Soonyoung rolled his eyes and turned back to face Jisoo, casually sipping at his beverage.

“His parents are incredibly un-physically affectionate. They’re your classic hard-working, strong-willed Busan parents.”

“Just because they're not constantly touching me and telling me what a wonderful job ‘their precious baby boy’ is doing doesn't mean they don't love me. Besides my mom is one of the most respectable people I've ever met.” Jihoon protested, frowning at the blue-haired boy.

“Yeah, yeah-We get it, you're a mama’s boy.” At his remark, Jihoon blushed, unable to respond. It might be just an eensy-weensy teeny-weeny tiny bit true (okay a lot true, but who the flip even cares, right?)

“To be honest, I never would have guessed.” Jisoo regarded him thoughtfully. “You honestly seem like the kind of person who's big on independence and self-achievement.”

“It's quite shocking, I know,” Soonyoung once again tossed an arm around Jihoon’s shoulder, pulling him into a strange sort of half-headlock. “Who would have guessed our demonic bunny would have a soft spot for his mom!”

*******

~September 15~

{Ah Yeah Coffee}

“I don't see why you felt the need to follow me out here!” Wonwoo eyed the younger boy disdainfully. He had been looking forward to spending his break in the small park across from the coffee shop, enjoying his caramel macchiato and tucking into the latest book in a series that he was currently enjoying. He had so not been expecting to spend it with the very boy who had been on his mind a bit too much lately.

“Wonwoo hyung!” Mingyu practically whined, giving the other boy the distinct impression of a kicked puppy, what with his wide totally not cute eyes. Wonwoo groaned internally, it was going to be a long twenty five to thirty minutes. He then proceeded to ignore the younger, much to his annoyance.

“Wonwoo hyung, pay attention to me!” Mingyu pouted, this was not going at all like he planned. Sure he didn't expect Wonwoo to confess his undying love and then make out with him for a solid ten minutes like he did in his dreams, but some eye contact and conversation might be nice. And maybe a little kissing too. Maybe. But apparently none of those things were going to happen.

“Wonwoo hyung!” He grabbed onto the other boy’s (surprisingly muscular) arm, causing him to let out an annoyed sigh.

“What do you want?” He shut his book and glared at Mingyu, whose heart soared.

“Excellent, the book is shut! I repeat, the book is shut! Next step: continuous conversation!” He grinned like a lunatic, not realizing he had spoken aloud until it was too late.

“I'm not even going to ask,” Wonwoo muttered, once again confirming that Mingyu was, in fact, one of the strangest people he knew. Which is why he absolutely shouldn't spend so much time thinking about him. It was absolutely, positively ridiculous. But there was just something about the way the other boy was staring at him, his eyes so hopeful and his cheeks flushed from the slight chill in the air. Something about the way that his soft brown hair fell across his forehead, something about the way his lips were parted slightly that just drew his attention. Something that made it impossible to not notice, impossible to not think about much more than he probably should.

“You're not going to leave me alone?” He dead panned, his voice a perfect, disinterested monotone.

“Nope!” Mingyu shook his head and once again Wonwoo was struck by just how much the younger boy resembled a puppy.

“Fine,” before he could even register what he was doing, he grabbed Mingyu by the wrist and began purposefully dragging him.

“Um, where are we going?” Mingyu was trying very hard not to fanboy over the fact that Wonwoo was currently holding his wrist and attempting to take him somewhere. It was proving to be much harder than he had initially imagined. Apparently it was difficult to appear calm whilst simultaneously laughing, screaming, and crying on the inside (quite the shocker I know).

“You'll find out when we get there.” Mingyu just grinned and continued to let himself be dragged to who-knows-where by the man of his dreams.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N]

SURPRISE!!! I'm not dead (with the amount I was posting I was pretty sure I was too)! This was initially supposed to be a lot longer and be posted a lot sooner, but I got too caught up with life (eww). My Jihan oneshot is also coming along a lot slower than I would like, but it's all just part of the struggle of having school and a job. I’ll try my best to update asap but I just don't even know anymore (I definitely won't be abandoning this story so don't worry, even if is is a bit neglected *cries*).

And as always, thanks for the support and I hope you enjoyed!!~