Foghorns Are Not as Fun as They Appear

Unexpected Places

{Pledis University}

October 7

    To say that the day hadn’t been going well for Seungkwan was a bit of an understatement. It was perhaps the biggest understatement ever to happen in the entire history of the universe, but then again Boo Seungkwan was known to be a little dramatic.

    It had started off poorly, he had a morning class at 9am and usually he was up and full of pep by that time, starting his day out with some frosted flakes (they’re grrrrrrrrrreat!) but his devastatingly handsome idiot roommate had decided that it would be a good idea to contract the bubonic plague. This of course meant a night full of and groaning (no, not the good kind ;) and enough coughing to make Seungkwan want to scream. He was Boo Seungkwan, gosh darnit, and he needed his beauty rest. He had tried to sleep, he really had, but Hansol was just so loud. And when he finally thought that it had stopped at around two am when his roommate had somehow managed to drift asleep despite practically drowning in tissues, the snoring started.

     Typically Seungkwan liked rooming with Hansol, he really did. The other boy might be a little strange but he also laughed at all of Seungkwan’s jokes and bought him food and sometimes provided good gossip. He was also usually a quiet sleeper, with a hard emphasis on the usually. Whatever it was that had left him bedridden for the entirety of two days had clogged up his nasal passageways real well, well enough that it sounded like there was a flippin, flappin, goddamn foghorn in the bed next to him. And he just couldn’t take it.

     At around five am, just four hours before his class was supposed to start, Seungkwan had dramatically wrapped his thick purple duvet around his shoulders and swished out of the room. From there he had made the fifteen minute walk from his dorm to the music department, entered the empty lecture hall where his class was supposed to be later that day, and collapsed in an exhausted heap. Fortunately Jihoon, an actual music major (unlike Seungkwan who was only taking one class in the department this semester), was also taking the course so he was able to wake him up. Unfortunately, Jihoon was also not very good at waking himself up in the morning and was always late for class (he never would have signed up for the elective had he known that it would be so early). That meant emerging from his giant purple cocoon in his fabulous leopard-print pajamas fifteen minutes into the lecture while his peers tried, and failed, to hold back their laughter. Even the Professor was giggling for god’s sake!

    From there things had only gotten worse. His professor had managed to guilt-trip him into helping out with the musical (which Seokmin was starring in!) something which he ordinarily would not have minded, had he not auditioned and been turned away. It wasn’t that they didn’t love him, they just loved him a bit too much, claiming the role would not do him justice and telling him to wait until the spring production. Nevertheless, he was Boo SeungkwanTM, and would not take such a slight to his honor. Screw the spring production, he wanted to be in the fall musical! And being the petty person he was, during the first cast lunch he secretly replaced all the salt in the salt shakers with sugar, serves them right! When he had been accused, he had made one of his most dramatic exits yet, feigning offence at being suspected, and sweeping from the room, tossing his imaginary cape over his shoulder as he left. Needless to say he had not been near the drama department since, despite their several apologies (Boo Seungkwan might be incredibly extra but he also knew how to put on one hell of a show. One of the reasons behind his acceptance to Pledis despite his not-so-stellar grades was the several rather high profile shows that he had helped to organize). And yet here he was, being forced to go back to those bumbling buffoons (and Seokmin) all because of his stupid foghorn of a roommate.

*******

    “Hey, I’m sorry about these past few days. Josh told me about the whole,” he coughed lightly, “purple-caterpillar situation. I’m feeling much better now.” HIS STUPID FOGHORN OF A ROOMMATE WHO HE LOVED VERY MUCH! Was that chicken? Yes it was! Suddenly Seungkwan didn’t feel quite so tired from class.

    “It’s alright,” he shrugged. That’s right play it cool, he thought turning to face Hansol who had somehow materialized next to him at his table in the dining hall, a look of vague displeasure splashed across his features as he took in his not-nearly-as-apologetic-as-he-should-be roommate.

    “Would it be better if I went to Karaoke with you this weekend?” Dammit Boo Seungkwan, you’re stronger than this just wait a little longer and- “And paid for snacks?” Immediately a wide grin stretched across his features, for some reason none of his friends wanted to go to karaoke with him (his friends actually had a very good reason for not wanting to go with him. Last time they went, Soonyoung had had a black eye for a week after trying to take the mic from an overly-enthusiastic Boo, but then again it wasn’t his fault that Soonyoung had chosen to stand too close to him during his intensive, self-designed choreography that contained a shocking amount of random punching).
    “Deal- But I get to pick the all the songs and divide up the parts and you have to get those chocolate cookies that Seungcheol gave you last time.”

    “Fine by me. I have to warn you though I’m pretty talented. I could basically go pro if I wanted to.” Seungkwan scoffed loudly

    “Please Hansol, you’re not the expert here.”

    “Excuse you, I was almost a music major!”

    “Yeah because of rapping, not singing.”

    “Who says I can’t do both? Like Drake? And I know when that hotline bling…”

    “Oh mai gawd, that song’s not even relevant anymore. And it’s hardly singing.”

    “Says you. Personally, I find it to be one of the greatest hits of the modern age.” Hansol smirked and Seungkwan rolled his eyes again. “Plus you’re not supposed to say ‘Oh my God”

    “BOI I’VE HEARD YOU RAP YOU LITTLE SNAKEU” Seungkwan huffed indignantly. “I think ‘Oh my God’ is the least of your worries.”

 

[A/N]

I SAW SEVENTEEN IN NEW YORK AND THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! It was one of the best nights of my life, hands down, and I’m really thankful that I was able to experience it! My favorite songs were LITERALLY EVERYTHING and they were all looking SO FABULOUS it hurt my soul. My voice is still slightly hoarse and it’s been almost a week!

In other news, I just hit one hundred and SEVENTEEN subscribers so that’s a cool thing.

Also school’s started again RIP my life    

Sorry this is so short I am not as fabulous as Boo and I struggle @ his perspective