The Party Part 2: Chan's Night

Unexpected Places

[A/N A lot of characters will be drinking in this chapter/the chapters to come despite the fact that they’re underaged in some countries *cough* the US *cough* Since this story takes place in Korea and the legal drinking age is 19 there it’s fine as in the context of this story they’re all of legal age]

 

{Club OMG}

 

    It was loud. Like really, really loud. Loud enough so that Chan could feel the bass-line of the music thumping in his chest. Loud enough so that he couldn’t hear a thing that his step brother was saying despite the fact that he was only two feet away. So he did what any confused teenager would do, smiled and nodded and hoped that it was an appropriate response to whatever it was that Seungcheol wanted. Evidently it was for he waved slightly then began pushing his way through the crowd, leaving Chan alone in a sea of sweaty bodies.

They had come in as a group, they really had, but for whatever reason, as soon as they were passed the doors they dispersed, breaking into little groups of twos and threes and however-manies. Chan had ended up with Seungcheol who had left to do who knows what. Sighing, he scanned the room for any sight of his friends. Seeing none of them, he shrugged and decided to get a drink instead.

Once seated at the bar, he scanned the room again keeping a close eye out for any of his hyungs.

“Hi what can I get you?” At the sound of a voice Chan jumped, he hadn’t really been paying attention. The owner of the voice giggled and he realized that it was the bartender speaking to him. She was a cute bubbly girl with long reddish-brown hair. “You’re such a little cutie, I didn’t mean to scare you though.”

He blushed bright pink.  “Umm j-just a beer thanks.”

“You looking for someone?” She slid him the cool, glass bottle, wiping the condensation that lingered on her fingertips onto the front of her black skinny jeans.

“Yeah… How could you tell?” He blushed again. Oh my god, Chan get a hold of yourself! How do you ever expect to get a girlfriend if you can't even talk to them?

“Lucky guess,” she smiled warmly not wanting to tell him that it was painfully obvious that he was waiting for someone just by the look on his face.

“Ohh… Yeah I'm looking for one of my hyungs, actually. It's one of their birthdays today, so we came here as a sort of after party. His name is Jeonghan and he's really cool even if he keeps trying to adopt me so that he can raise me with his boyfriend. But I'm not really looking for him specifically, him and Jisoo hyung are probably off somewhere dancing or worse. It would be nice if I could find Seungcheol-hyung or Seokmin-hyung though I really want to…” Chan’s ears flushed again as he realized that he'd been rambling. “Sorry!” He quickly blurted out and the bartender laughed.

“It's fine, you remind me of my younger sister. My name is Youngji, by the way, feel free to stay here as long as you need to.”

“I'm Chan, Lee Chan. But won't that be a problem?” He glanced around again, taking in the completely packed bar, which was rather surprising for a Tuesday evening. A lot of people had come out in response to hearing about the special concert that Jihoon’s cousin, Min Yoongi, or as he was better known Suga, would be performing. Youngji simply grinned and winked, causing Chan to blush even more.

“I guess it'll have to be our little secret then. If you need anything else just ask.” She shot him one last smile before turning to mix drinks for the couple sitting next to him. Chan couldn't help but feel exceedingly relieved by the whole situation. Now, instead of having to awkwardly wander around the dance floor or just stand off to the side, he could scan the crowds comfortably from his seat at the bar.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally spotted Seungcheol dancing with some girl. He grinned and was about to make his way over when Seungcheol made eye contact and shot him a glance which said ‘you come over, you die’. Sighing he turned back to the bar, pouting a little. Some friends he had, abandoning him while they went galavanting around doing whatever they wanted. He’d be darned if he spent another minute just sitting around waiting to catch a glimpse of them. No, he would go find them himself.

“Youngji, save my seat!” He stood up bravely and all the bartender could do was stare and laugh.

Now, if I were my friends, where would I be? He thought for a minute before pushing his way into the throng of people on the dancefloor. Bodies were packed far too close together for his tastes, and the whole experience was very sweaty and uncomfortable. He wasn’t inebriated enough to not mind the fact that he couldn’t move an inch without rubbing against someone. The end result was very, very slow and filled with constant “Sorry, excuse me”s. Finally, he popped out of the other side of the crowd, by the stairs.

The way the club was laid out was that the bottom floor was pretty much just a large dance floor, with a bar on the wall opposite the stage. Then there was a staircase off to one side, leading up to the gallery/lounge area. It wasn’t so much a floor really, as it looked down on the dancefloor and stage. It was open in the middle with a railing high enough to prevent any drunken idiot from falling off before someone could help them.

Almost instantly, Chan spotted Jeonghan and Jisoo in one of the more secluded booths. Based on the way Jisoo was clinging to Jeonghan, it was likely to assume that he was drunk. Jeonghan didn’t look quite so drunk and seemed like he was enjoying the attention immensely. Chan just smiled, although he was the second oldest, his hyung could be quite childish at times.

It was strange, although he’d been looking for quite sometime, he’d only located three of his friends. He would have thought that it would be easier, what with there being eleven of them present (other than him). And yet he had no idea where the remaining 7 could be. He was pretty sure that he didn’t want to find Jun and Minghao (who knows what they would be up to) but the others were all fair game. Maybe if he checked the bathroom. Yes the bathroom, there was always at least one person in a group that had to pee right? But as the door swung open, he froze in his tracks.

“Oh my god,” His mouth fell open and his eyes widened.This was something that he never expected to find. Jihoon was pushed against the wall, his hands fisted in Soonyoung’s hair, pulling the boy closer, as they made out. Passionately.

“Nope.” He turned around and walked straight back out “Nope.” He had known that Soonyoung and Jihoon had somewhat of a special relationship after first meeting them, but for some reason he wasn’t quite expecting it to be like this. They weren’t together, were they? How long had this been going on? They should be thankful that he wasn’t a blabbermouth like some of their other friends.

Emerging from the restroom, he caught a glimpse of Hansol as he disappeared into the crowd. He appeared to be talking to someone on the phone, but Chan shrugged it off as he ran after him. He would not be left alone again.

“HANSOL!” He practically tackled the older boy once he caught up with him.

“Oh hey Chan, how’s it going?”

“Crappy. Everyone abandoned me.” He pouted a little bit. “But I did meet a cool bartender-noona. Her name is Youngji. She’s really nice, taking care of me after everyone I thought I could trust viciously betrayed me.” Hansol just laughed. Boo Seungkwan wasn’t the only one with a dramatic side.

“Did you say Youngji? I’m like 87% certain that she’s Jackson-hyung’s cousin. I think I might have met her once at one of his parties.”

“Really? That boy though, I swear he’s just like Seokmin. He knows everybody.”

“Also don’t you think it’s weird that somehow everyone knows each other. Like one of us will meet someone new and immediately someone else will pop up and reveal that they’re childhood friends, cousins, or coworkers.”

“Now that you mention it, that is kind of weird. Like how could we all possibly know each other. I get that we all live in the same area, but once it reaches a certain point it’s just ridiculous.”

“Yeah, it’s almost like we’re in some kind of strange, poorly written fanfic with little to no discernable plot.” The boys laughed together.

“Nah, that’d be crazy. Anyways, we should hurry up, I asked Youngji-noona to save my seat and I don’t know how much longer she’ll be able to.”

*******

Three Hours Later

    “Have either of you even seen Mingyu and Wonwoo since we got here?” Somewhere along the way Seokmin had joined Hansol and Chan at the bar where they had spent a very enjoyable evening chatting with each other and occasionally Youngji.

    “Now that you mention it, no.” Hansol frowned. “Also what about Soonyoung and Jihoon? I haven’t seen them since right after we arrived and Soonyoung said he had to pee.”

    “What’s this about me peeing?” Soonyoung popped up, surprisingly alone.

    “Where’s Jihoon? Wasn’t he with you earlier?” Chan hinted as subtly as possible and Soonyoung sent him an odd look which everyone missed.

    “He went off somewhere with Minghao who was upset for some reason/”

    “What about Jun?”

    “I don’t know. Now I could really use a drink and you two are kind of in my way.” They moved to the side so that they could order and Chan’s phone buzzed. Pulling it out, he frowned when he saw the time. He hadn’t realized that it was getting so late or, technically, early.

Today 1:07 AM

Cheolios

> Can u stay w/Seok tonight?

> Nayoung and I are going home

 

Me

> HYUNG

 

Cheolios

> Thanks! ILY

> You’re the best brother in the world!

 

Great. Chan sighed, putting away his phone. He loved Seungcheol, he really did, but there were just sometimes that he loved him significantly less than normal. Now was one of those times. He wouldn’t even be able to take care of his babies, Geoffrey and Susan before he went to bed. Who would feed them when he was gone? Seungcheol certainly wouldn’t and he highly doubted that Nayoung would either, whoever she was. How was he supposed to get them to mate and have adorable tiny fishies if he couldn’t even be there to feed them? Chan let out another exaggerated sigh.

“Seokmin, I guess I’m crashing at your place tonight.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[A/N]

    This chapter’s only like 1.8k and I expect the next few to also be a bit on the shorter side. I decided to center this one around Chan because I think he’s been a little neglected :( The next will be either Jihan, Meanie, or Soonhoon- I haven’t decided yet.

 

ALSO CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT BOOM BOOM FOR A MINUTE BECAUSE I AM DEAD

The boys completely slayed their comeback and I absolutely adore their styling this time round. Wonwoo with mint hair, Boo and Chan with blonde, and my bias Jihoonie’s curly hair- MY HEART CAN’T HANDLE IT Seventeen is definitely Going places *wink wink* see what I did there

 

Lastly congrats to the boys for winning the Worldwide Performer Award at MAMA!!!! They deserved it so much I’m so happy! Congrats to all the other winners as well!