Chapter 23

The Best Worst I Ever Had
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

 

Mom and Mrs. Ham were arguing

 

I can't blame Mrs. Ham because this was indeed heartless.

 

"You will regret this day!" Mrs. Ham said to my Mom but Mom shook her head.

 

She seems happy to see Mrs. Ham like this.

 

"No Jane. I won't and I'll never will" Mom said with no hint of regret.

 

Mrs. Ham cried harder.

 

"Yes you will...." Mrs. Ham said to my Mom.

 

"...COZ YOU JUST LET YOUR OWN DAUGHTER GET BURNED. JIYEON IS YOUR DAUGHTER! YOU KILLED HER!!"

 

My eyes widen.

 

M-mwo??

 

My body trembles.

 

My sister.

 

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE?! EXTINGUISH THE FIRE! YOU USELESS PEOPLE!" I madly yelled at the men standing on the side.

 

They're mom's people.

 

They just look at each other and ignore what I say.

 

Damn it!

 

"Sso. They only listen to your Mom" Boram said and tries to calm me.

 

But

 

HOW CAN I CALM MYSELF IF MY SISTER WAS INSIDE THAT BURNING HOUSE?!

 

I didn't think twice and run towards the burning house

 

If they can't save them then I will.

 

At least I won't regret anything.

 

"SOYEON NO! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" I heard Boram called me but I run faster.

 

I was almost there when someone pulled me and hugs me tight to stop me.

 

"LET GO! I'LL SAVE MY SISTER!" I said as I try to break free.

 

But even though Boram was small she was strong.

 

"I'll save my sister please. I'll save my dongsaeng. Let me go Ramie" I pleaded.

 

Tears were streaming down my face.

 

"I know but what can we do? The whole place was covered with fire. I hate to say this Sso but we’re too late now." She said.

 

I just broke down and cry.

 

Why must it end like this?

 

I wish I just never know that I had a sister if it'll be just like this.

 

Does she even know that she have an unnie?

 

I want to hear her call me unnie.

 

I want to bond with her and be her unnie.

 

I turn to look at Mrs. Ham.

 

She's crying hard.

 

I bet she's feeling the same way as I am.

 

I should've stopped my Mom.

 

I then look at my Mom.

 

She's just standing there.

 

Looking blankly at the burning house, doing nothing.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

I don't want to hate her but that's what I'm feeling right now

 

I stand up and approach her.

 

"Why are you just standing there? Do something Mom! SAVE MY SISTER! SAVE YOUR DAUGHTER!" I yelled at my Mom because of this mixed emotion I'm feeling.

 

Mom started to cry.

 

"MOM DO SOMETHING PLEASE!" I beg and kneel in front of her.

 

Why isn't she doing anything?

 

"Injung-ah"

 

Someone from behind me call me that name again.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

Why is she here?

 

I didn't remember inviting her to come over for dinner.

 

"So everyone is here now. We should have our dinner' Dad said and they headed to the dining area.

 

"You didn't told me she was invited." Sunny told me.

 

"I didn't invite her Kyul. I don't even have an idea why is she here." I said and pull her to the dining area.

 

"Uhm Mom Dad... This is Sunny by the way" I introduced her to them.

 

"The daughter of the second son of the Lee clan. Finally, we met" Mom greeted her with a smile and a little too formal.

 

That was too different when I introduce Qri as my girlfriend to them.

 

Indeed the Lee's were the most powerful elites here.

 

But I didn't know that Sunny's Dad was the second son so her Dad wasn't the CEO.

 

It's kinda confusing.

 

I know and I'm very sure that Mom's bestfriend was Kyul's Mom who is the wife of the CEO.

 

I've never heard that they change their CEO.

 

Or maybe I just misinterpret things.

 

"No need to be too formal Mrs. Park. I'm actually so glad to meet you and Mr. Park personally. Coz you know it gives me wonders where your daughter got her charming personality" Sunny said and that made my parents giggled.

 

I nudge Sunny but she just smile at me.

 

What is she talking about?

 

"I can clearly see the huge difference between a child who grew up for a high class family" Mom said as a remark.

 

I frowned a little because of that then I remember that Qri was here too.

 

I kinda felt worried for her because of Mom but it seems like she doesn't care at all.

 

She's just eating while wearing her poker face.

 

Because of that I can't read her.

 

"By the way Mr. and Mrs. Park. I want to formally ask permission to you" Sunny said and that made us look at her.

 

"What is it? That seems to be a serious thing" Dad asks.

 

I also have no idea what is this all about.

 

"I want to court your daughter. I know I've made mistakes from the past. I wanted to make it right this time. I'll be working hard to her heart back" Sunny said and it gives us shock.

 

What did she say?

 

"Uhm. Sunny. We do understand your sincerity but our Hyominnie was Qri's girlfriend". Dad said

 

I mentally face palm myself.

 

I just remember that I introduce Qri as my girlfriend.

 

I'm starting to panic.

 

What to do?

 

"It was all my fault Mr. and Mrs. Park. I hope you can forgive us. That time things between Hyomin and Sunny weren't clear yet and Hyomin wanted to avoid her. It was my idea to pretend. I'm very sorry for that" Qri suddenly speak up.

 

What is she trying to do?

 

I was the one who drag her to that situation.

 

Why is she making a story?

 

"It's no-"

 

"...also I wanted to court Hyomin too" she added.

 

My eyes widen.

 

She wanted to what?

 

 

QRI'S POV

 

"....also I wanted to court Hyomin too" I said intentionally interrupting Hyomin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter