Back Then...

Childhood Friend

Characters:7412 Words:1686

I think this chapter is longer than the last chapter, because I started to chill and take it slowly ::><:: , and also please leave a comment below and leave your opinion about the story. :)


"What? What did he do?" Seungkwan asked.

"Nothing...really... “Jihoon said in between sobs. 

"Just tell me Jihoon. I can't stand seeing you like this. “This time, Seungkwan sounded really serious.

"He...found out...that I...was his...childhood...friend." Jihoon said, still sobbing.

Seungkwan handed him a wet cloth and a cup of warm water and started patting Jihoon on the back. He helped him to the living room and sat on the couch. 

"Why is that bad? Why did he make you cry?" Seungkwan asked in disbelief.

"He... misunderstood... why I left him to go to... America and did not contact... him anymore." He said. 

"And he didn’t even let you explain?" Seungkwan asked again. 

"Yea." Jihoon gave a short reply. 

"May I know the reason?"  Jihoon nodded as an answer, clearing his throat to explain. 

[Flashback/Jihoon's POV] 

~twelve years ago~ 

I was at the playground, alone, sitting on the swings waiting for my mom. But a few hours later, my mom was still not there. A gang of high school students came up to me, looking really scary as I was only in the second year of primary school. 

"Why is this kid here?” The one who seems to be the leader asked. All the other just shrugged and turned their attention back to me. I feel my heart beating fast, wanting to call out for my mom. How can she forget her own child, I thought.

"Uhmm, I’m actually waiting for my mom." I said and gulped, hoping that I don't get beat up by them. 

"Ugh whatever just go away." One of them said.  Shoo-ing me away from the playground. I ran away as far as my legs would take me. But I was already far away from the playground until I realized I was lost. I wandered around the street,  hoping someone will help me, but to my luck no one would. I was too scared to ask so I just kept walking. 

It was already near evening as the sky was getting a little darker. I gave up finding my way back home and just sat down at bus stop. Hoping my mom will find me if I stay right here. 

After sitting there for a while, someone handed an ice-cream to me, insisting me to take it.  I was too hungry to think about anything I just took the ice cream and ate it.

"Are you lost?” the boy asked. I nodded as an answer. I don't really feel like talking to strangers now. "Ahh, I'm also in the same situation as you, my mom gave me money to buy ice cream, but the truck driver started driving, silly old me thought it was a good idea to chase it. When it stops, I realized I can't see my mom anywhere." He said. 

"Did you try finding your mom?" I asked. 

"Not really, if I just stay here, my mom would find me eventually..." The boy said. "What's your name?”

"Jihoon" I said while eating the ice cream. 

"I'm Seungcheol.” He said while giving a small smile."So, where do you go to school? "

"Seventeen Primary" 

"Ahh, we go to the same school" Seungcheol said. This time with a bigger smile on his face. "Do you live near the school?” he asked again. I nodded and returned a small smile. I didn't know how does he makes me feel this way, I never smile to strangers in public... 

"We must live near each other then." 

"That means we can help each other get back home right?” I said, an idea suddenly popped into my mind. 

"OHHHHYAAAAAA, I forgot that if I get to our school I can get back home easily, come on let’s go and ask for some directions.” Seungcheol said, looking pumped up. 

After walking around and asking for directions, we successfully walked back to their school.

"Do you recognize where your house is?” Seungcheol asked. I shooked (Is it even a word?) my head. 

"I usually sleep when my dad drives me to school, i just know that the drive there is really fast." I said, rubbing my neck. 

"Never mind then, just come to my house and sleepover since its kind of late now. Then, we can call your parents tomorrow morning." Seungcheol said. I nodded and follow him to his house.

When we reached his house, his mom was outside, waiting for him to come back.

"You're finally back Cheollie~" His mom ran to him and hug him. "And this is...?”

"Jihoon, he was also lost and I found him at a bus stop. He lives around here but he doesn't know the way or his address. So can he stay here for a night? “Seungcheol asked, acting cute in front of his mom.  It was really cringe worthy.

"Sure." His mom said with a welcoming smile. "Both of you come in, you two must be hungry."

After eating, we both showered and changed into sleepwear. Since I don't have anything to wear, Seungcheol lend his clothes to me. It was like two sizes too big but I don't want to complain. We stayed up until midnight, talking about each other’s life, we got to know each other a lot.

After that incident, we were stucked to each other like glue. We always have sleepovers, we tutor each other and we even made a pact that we will always be together.

After two years, we were still very close to each other, even thought we made lots of new friends. We didnt know each other for that long but we were like long lost siblings.

One day I was at his house, tutoring him for an upcoming exam. We were having a really great time, joking around with each other. A few hours before the time I was supposed to go back, my mom came up to the room, telling me to get ready to go I was surprised, maybe my mom got the time mixed up, I didn't say anything. I just went and packed my things up. 

"Why is your mom here so early today?” Seungcheol asked, looking confused. I just looked at him and shrugged. Seungcheol pouted and walked up to me, I didn't really pay attention to him and just continued packing my things and that's when I felt a peck on my cheeks.

"Seungcheollie..." I looked at him, surprised. My cheeks started burning, I can tell I looked like tomato, causing Seungcheol to laugh. 

"Bye, see you at school tomorrow.” Seungcheol said with a smile. I nodded, still feeling my cheeks burning. When I turned around to walk out, I saw Seungcheol's dad standing there, he was probably already there for a long time but I decided to not think about it so much. His dad smiled at me and gesturing me that my mom is waiting. I grabbed my things and went downstairs. When I got into the car I noticed a luggage bag at the side. 

 "Mom, why is there a luggage bag?" I asked.

"You're going to continue studying at America, they gave you a scholarship and wanted you to study in the best high school there." My mom answered. 

"But it's just my fourth year in primary." I said again, feeling surprised. 

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay there, there's someone who will also be joining you, his name is Seungkwan, you'll be taking the flight with him and his sisters so be careful." She said. After that she received a phone call, she answer it and barely said anything, she ended the call with an Okay and looked at me. 

"I don't want you talking to Seungcheol again. He’s a bad influence to you. Don't you even try texting him. I can check your logs, just remember that" My mom said, making me open my mouth in disbelief. 

"BUT WHY?" I asked, trying to control myself from crying. 

"His dad said so." she said and continued driving. I knew it, his dad was standing long enough to see Seungcheol give a peck on my cheeks. When we got to the airport, i didn't bother to talk to my mom anymore.  Even if his dad said so, why did she take it so seriously?  I thought. I went on the plane and sat next to Seungkwan, he was a little annoying but I wasn't in a mood to care. 

After a few days of staying at America, I checked my phone, seeing a lot of messages from Seungcheol. I was scared of my mom so I didn't reply. 

 

Seungcheol-

-Jihoon-ah where are you? 

-Jihoon-ah I want to see you. 

-I'm worried about you..... 

-JIHOON!! 

-Why aren't you replying....? 

-Jihoon-ah ......

-Seungcheollie will be here waiting for you...

...(continue reading

 

And to my luck, after staying there for a while, some bully broke my phone and threw it away, I lost all my contacts and I don't remember most of them....  Including Seungcheol's. 

[End of flashback] 

"So that's what happened between us." Jihoon said, looking at Seungkwan. Jihoon was surprised that Seungkwan did not doze off, because every time Jihoon talked more than 10 sentences, Seungkwan would be in his dreamland. 

"Wow, you seriously thought I was annoying?” Jihoon chuckled, looking at the pouting Seungkwan.

Seungkwan held Jihoon's hand tightly and comfort him, "Don't think about it too much yeah? Try and get some rest first." Jihoon nodded. 

Seungkwan brought Jihoon to their bedroom to rest. Then he went onto his laptop checking what online assignments he has to do. 

Seungkwan thought about the time where the bullies made Jihoon almost faint... So that's why Jihoon mentioned Seungcheol, they were really close... Seungkwan thought to himself. But why didn't he let him explain?  


A/N: My brain exploded for this chapter lmao, and thank you guys for 50+ subscribers in only a few days (Which is a goal completed for me XD)