I Promise

Childhood Friend

Words:1140

Misleading titles ftw XD 


[Jihoon's POV] 

"Do you recognise me now?" Someone said behind me, his voice sounded like the guy on the phone just now. Just as I turned around, I saw him, the guy that has broken my heart years ago.

"Of course I do. Doyoon. I also remember that you left me for the cheerleader." I glared at him.

"Come on, don't be like this sweetie." Doyoon looked at me with puppy eyes and I swear I never wanted to punch someone that much before.

"Don't call me sweetie anymore." I said and tried to walk away, but Doyoon pulled me back and trapped me, my back was on the claw machine with both of his hands on both sides of my shoulders, I tried to move but his grip was too strong, "What do you want."

"I want to be with you again." Doyoon uttered. 

"The cheerleader you left me for broke up with you?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, I realised how dumb I was for leaving you, you're better than her, than anyone else." He said, as if I would believe him. What he did next was unexpected; he kissed me lightly on my lips and ran away, my cheeks unknowingly started to burn. "This is not the last time we will be meeting." He said as he ran off. Just as he ran away, Seungcheol came back with two water bottles.

 

Should I tell him? 

 

"Uhhhh Jihoon?" He said and waved a water bottle in front of my face, making me snap out of my thoughts. 

"Oh, thanks." I took the water bottle from him and smile. He returned the smile and patted my head. 

"Want to go back to my house first? Seungkwan said he wanted to go somewhere else with Hansol to surprise him." I nodded and we both made our way back to Seungcheol's house.

 

I think I should.

 


"S... Seungcheollie...” Jihoon said his name nervously when they got into the house. Seungcheol looked at him and tilted his head, "I... I saw s... someone today." 

"Who?" 

"D... D... D... Do..." Jihoon stuttered.

"Doyoon?" Seungcheol asked.

"H... How did you know his name?" I don't remember telling Seungcheol anything about him, Jihoon thought. Seungcheol walked up to him and gave him a hug. 

"Seungkwan told me." He said as he patted Jihoon's back, "you don't need to be scared to tell me about it Jihoon, everyone has a past and I can't be mad about it."

"I'm scared. He's said it's not the last time we will be meeting." Jihoon uttered. 

"I'll figure out how to deal with him." After Seungcheol said that, he carried Jihoon to the couch in bridal style, making Jihoon's cheek burn.

"I could walk you know..."

"I wanted my prince to be happy." Seungcheol said, earning a light hit by Jihoon. 

"Don't be cheesy." 

"Could you tell me what happened?" 

"What?" Jihoon asked.

"Can you tell me what happened to you and Doyoon? You don't have to if you don't want to..." he said while fiddling with his fingers.

 ~flashback~

Jihoon was always bullied in high school, his books were always thrown in the rubbish bin, and his classmates were always calling him nicknames, all because he was Korean. But everything changed after he met Doyoon.

"Look at this Shorty right here." A bully said as he pushed Jihoon, making the said latter lose his balance and fell down. "Why are you even here?" He asked and started kicking Jihoon. Jihoon knew he can't do anything about it do he just let them bully him.

"Stop kicking him please." Someone said and pushed the bully who was kicking Jihoon. The bully was pissed and started a fight with the guy, everyone who was passing by crowded around to see what was happening. In the end, the bully lost and fell down in exhaustion, he had bruises all over his body. "Don't bully Jihoon again or this happens to you again," he said and pulled Jihoon away from the crowd to a quieter place.

"Why are you just laying there and letting them kick you?" The guy asked Jihoon.

"I can't do anything about it." Jihoon sighed.

"You're lucky I was passing by. My name is Doyoon, I already know yours." Doyoon smiled. 

"How?" Jihoon looked at Doyoon with a confused expression. 

"You're famous Jihoon, for being a human punch bag." Doyoon said as he inspected Jihoon's wound, "and I'm going to stop that from happening." 

"Why are you helping me?" Jihoon asked.

"Because I think you are cute." Jihoon's face started to burn as his eyes grew wider. 

After that incident, nobody dared to bully Jihoon, even Seungkwan wasn't touched anymore. Doyoon decided to ask Jihoon out and he agreed, but what Jihoon doesn't know is that Doyoon is the school's playboy, even after being nagged by Seungkwan, he still didn't listen. He still thought that he and Doyoon were meant to be.

They were together for 2 years, everything was great until Doyoon decided that he got bored of Jihoon. He started flirting with other people and neglected Jihoon, the latter thought that Doyoon just needed some space. He was wrong.

"Isn't that Doyoon and the cheerleader?" Seungkwan asked Jihoon who was putting his books into his locker. Suddenly, everyone started cheering. Jihoon turned around to see what was happening, Doyoon and the cheerleader was kissing.

"What the hell are they doing?" Jihoon uttered as he clenched his fists tightly. He didn't care what Seungkwan was going to say to him, he walked up to Doyoon and slapped him.

"What are you doing?" Jihoon asked. 

"Indirectly breaking up with you sweetie." Doyoon said with a smirk on his face.

"What? Why?" Jihoon looked at Doyoon, dumbfounded.

"Because I know how to love, Jihoon." The cheerleader said and slapped Jihoon. Doyoon and she both walked away, laughing at what had happened. Jihoon's vision became blurry as he kneeled down on the floor, Seungkwan quickly ran to help Jihoon up, pulling him back home. I'll never love anyone anymore, Jihoon kept saying to himself after that happened. 

"You should have just stayed in Korea Jihoon, why did you have to suffer? Why didn't you tell your mom what was happening?" Seungcheol said and looked at Jihoon with furrowed eyebrows.

"I can't upset my mom." Jihoon replied. 

"Your mom will be more upset if she knows that you got bullied for so many years in high school Jihoonie." Jihoon burst into tears after hearing that, "Oh nononono, don't cry Jihoonie, It's alright. That was the past, you have me now. I'm never going to leave you."

 

"I promise."

 


 

A/N: Hello guys :) I seriously want to thank the people who upvoted even if this story is kind of weird, it means a lot to me :))) I love you guys 

I'm sorry I'm ending the story here, this story was literally a mess because I just went with the flow and write ,so I didn't really think of the storyline and yeah... I would be writing another fanfiction after my finals and I promise to not mess anything up XD 

 

Comment what ship would you want next :)