Just Best Friends

Childhood Friend

Characters:6795 Words:1478

It was 11 in the morning. Jihoon, Seungkwan and Hansol were still asleep. Seungkwan and Hansol decided to have a little party yesterday till 2am. They were so loud that even Jihoon who was upstairs couldn’t sleep. He ended up joining then since he had nothing to do.

All of the sudden, Jihoon’s phone started ringing, he groaned as he wakes up, reaching for his phone that is on the little table next to the bed to answer the call.

“Hello?” It was an unknown number, but he answered anyway.

“Hey Jihoon hyung,” Just as he hears the voice he can tell it was Mingyu.

“Mingyu? How did you get my number? And why are you calling this early?”

“Hyung, its 11 now, I won’t say it’s early. Seungkwan gave me your number because I thought I might need it sometimes.”

Seungkwan you little..., Jihoon thought, but he can’t do anything anyway so he continued talking to Mingyu.

“Ugh whatever, why are you calling anyways?” he asked, he wants to get this over with so he can plop back down on his cosy bed.

“I need help, Wonwoo is mad at me, he won’t even look at me for god’s sake.”

“What did you do?” The two are always arguing  like dogs and cats, but this time Wonwoo seems pissed to not even look at Mingyu.

“I don’t know hyung, I just asked Jeonghan hyung to tutor me Maths in campus yesterday, and he agreed. Then all the sudden Wonwoo stormed off, not talking to me anymore.”

“He must be jealous then.”

“Seungcheol hyung said the same thing. I did try to apologize but he won’t listen to me...”

“Look, I can’t do anything now, so I’ll see what I can do tomorrow.”

“Thanks, you’re the best.” And with that he hung up.

Jihoon threw his phone next to him, plopping down on his bed, trying to fall asleep again. Just as he was about to fall asleep, his alarm started to ring, waking up everyone in the room.

“Don’t your alarm normally goes off at 2 in the afternoon?”  Seungkwan asked while rubbing his eyes, checking his phone.

“I don’t want to be late again.” Seungkwan looked at Jihoon in confusion.

“Don’t want to late for what?”

“To hang out with Seungcheol,” Jihoon answered.

“What?” Hansol suddenly said in a surprise tone. Well, as Hansol is also close to Seungcheol too his reaction just had to be like that.

“Awhhhh, our little Jihoonie has a date.” Seungkwan said in sing-song with a smirk on face.

“Shut up, we’re just going to hang out.” Jihoon says as he rolled his eyes, “and don’t you dare call me little again.” He walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

“Sure.” Seungkwan half shouted playfully, making sure Jihoon can hear it. He gets out of bed to prepare breakfast, pulling Hansol with him as well.

“When Jihoon finished showering he puts on a blue shirt and black knee-length shorts. When he was ready he went downstairs. Seungkwan and Hansol both already finished eating, they were seating in the living room watching cartoons. When they both saw Jihoon they walked to the staircase.

“Your breakfast is on the table, we’ll go shower,” Seungkwan said and went upstairs with Hansol. Jihoon walked to the dining room, he sat down and started eating the bacon and eggs Seungkwan prepared for him.

After that, Seungkwan and Hansol decided to go out to play Pokémon Go, (I don’t know if it’s out in Korea yet but just assume it is) thus leaving Jihoon alone at home. Jihoon decided to go to his room to write some songs since he was bored.

When it was almost 3 he walked and stood in front of his house, waiting for Seungcheol to come. What he saw was unexpected. Seungcheol was skateboarding to his house, one hand with another pink skateboard. When he reached, he got off the skateboard and put the pink one on the ground.

“I hope you don’t mind that it’s pink.” Seungcheol said and laughed awkwardly.

“I won’t mind if I knew how to skate.” Jihoon said, making Seungcheol laugh louder.

“You would be fine, I’ll guide you so don’t worry.”

“I think I am more worried because you are guiding.”  Jihoon said, faking a worried expression.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes and stepped on his skateboard.  “Come on.” He said and waited for Jihoon to get on the skateboard.

“I’m scared.” Jihoon said as he carefully stepped on the skateboard. Seungcheol held his hand out, waiting for Jihoon to grab it.

“I thought you would know how to skate.” Seungcheol said.

“I am good at writing songs, running, and scaring the sh*t out of people, nothing else,” he said and held Seungcheol’s hand.

As they were halfway to the mall, Seungcheol let go of Jihoon’s hand, he felt that he was getting better so he tried and let him skateboard on his own. Jihoon almost fell at first, but he managed to balanced himself.

 “Ohmygosh, I did it.” Jihoon said and looked at Seungcheol with a smile, eyes turning into a crescent shape. What the hell Jihoon, you’re making my heart beat fast again, Seungcheol thought, returning the smile to Jihoon.

When they reached the mall, they let the security guard take care of their skateboards. (Lmao). They went to the theatres first because they both wanted to watch movies.

“What movie do you want to watch?” Seungcheol asked Jihoon.

“You pick. Anything is fine with me.”

“Uhhhh, that one then,” Seungcheol pointed to one of the posters. ‘Annabelle’ it read, the said poster had a vintage doll dressed in a beautiful white dress, blood all over its face, looking scary as hell.

“Sure,” Jihoon said with a straight face. He was actually feeling very nervous inside. He can deal with those sappy romantic movies but he definitely can’t deal with horror movies. But since Seungcheol wanted to see it he had no choice but to agree.

When they went in to find their seats the advertisements already started playing. Jihoon could hear Seungcheol eating the popcorn, but he couldn’t care less.

Just stay calm. You’re not a kid anymore, you should not be afraid of watching horror movies, just... stay... calm... and... Enjoy... the... movie...,” Jihoon whispered to himself, trying to remain calm.

The movie was okay at first, but when a pop up happened he squealed and grab Seungcheol’s arm to cover his eyes, tightening his grip in every horror scene. Seungcheol looked at him and smiled, he kind of felt sorry for Jihoon because he made him watch this horror movie but seeing Jihoon like this can’t help but makes him laugh.

“Don’t be scared, I’m right here Jihoon-ah.” Seungcheol eventually said, trying to calm Jihoon down.

When the movie ended, Jihoon felt like he lost his soul, his throat dry from all the squealing. Seungcheol handed him a bottle of water.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were scared?”

“I wasn’t scared per se, I was surprised because of the pop ups.”

“Like I would believe you,” Seungcheol said and rolled his eyes, laughing after that.

“Fine, it’s because you wanted to watch that movie so I couldn’t say no.” He said and drank the water from the bottle.

“Don’t be silly Jihoon. I wouldn’t have chosen that movie if I knew you were scared.”

Their day continues with them playing at an arcade, bowling and eating at a cafe. When the sky was almost dark, they both exited the mall, skateboarding back to their home. They were tired but it didn’t beat the fact that both of them had a lot of fun.

“Thanks for today Seungcheollie, It’s been so long since I had so much fun.”

“You’re welcome Jihoon. It has also been a while for me too. Goodnight.” Seungcheol said, giving Jihoon a smile.

Just as Jihoon was opening the door into his house, Seungcheol went up to him and pecked his cheeks, running away right after.

“YAH,” Jihoon screamed while looking at Seungcheol running away.

When he went inside, he saw Seungkwan sleeping on the couch. The latter must have felt exhausted with all the Pokémon hunting, Jihoon can’t help but slightly chuckle. He went to shower and changed into his sleepwear, after that, he called Seungkwan up, making him do the same and let him went to sleep first.

Jihoon sat on his bed, he was scrolling through facebook, just as he scrolled further, he saw Seungcheol posted a picture that they both took together earlier today, which reminded him about the kiss.

Why did he kiss me on the cheeks again? Does it mean anything? No, don’t think too much, we’re just best friends. Ugh, why are you playing with my feelings like that?


A/N: Done with this chapter :) If you guys have any opinion about it just comment below.

QOTD: You’re favourite ship?