Chapter 21

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lavender italics = Taehyung's thoughts 

Black italics = Yoongi's thoughts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where should we go now, hyung?”

“I don’t mind, what were you thinking about buying?”

“I…I don’t know,” Taehyung frowned softly as he thought about all the different possibilities.

“Well, whilst you think about something to buy, do you mind if we go to the gadget shop? I really want to see if they have the lens I want in stock.”

“Sure hyung! Which way is it?”

Yoongi pointed in the opposite direction, “it’s down that way, on the left. It’s a little far, but it shouldn’t take lon-“

Before he could finish his sentence, his hand was once again clasped within the younger’s, and his legs had gone from 0-100mph within a second. Being small, they were able to dodge and duck around many of the adults who were aimlessly walking from store to store, but the stares they received was enough to create a burning hole in the back of Yoongi’s head. He was used to being stared at, what with his parents being well-known, but this was different; some stared in judgement and disgust, others cooed at them as they ran past, faint whispers of “cute” had tickled his ears.

Cute? Me? I think these people are blind

Once they neared the store, Yoongi prepared himself for the sudden stop that was guaranteed with Taehyung in front of him. As if on cue, the small feet in front of him skidded to a halt, causing a horrible squeaking sound of rubber against the polished surface, and this time he managed to stop a couple of feet away. The hand clasped on to his, however, pulled him closer as its owner stared up at the shop.

“C-cur-?” Taehyung tried sounding the shop’s name out, which was again in English (does everyone have a love for English or am I just not used to it?).

“Almost, it’s ‘Click’,” Yoongi explained the English written above them in black against the white background. “Bring the sound of the ‘c’ and ‘l’ together, rather than extending the sound of the ‘c’. It’s a bit difficult at first, but you’ll get used to it.”

“Cur…wait, click” Taehyung forcefully placed the two consonants together, trying hard not to pronounce the vowels he had imagined in between them.

“That’s it!”

“So why is it called c…click?”

“Because that’s the sound of the shutter releasing on the camera, and I guess they wanted something simple for a name,” Yoongi shrugged, “it’s simple, but effective I think. Especially with the black on white.” He pointed at the sign, before turning to Taehyung. “We okay to go in?”

Taehyung was mouthing the word ‘Click’ over and over, but nodded swiftly before starting to walk towards the entrance. The button on the doors was almost out of reach when they approached them, but with a little stretching they managed to get them to open.

As they walked in, the shop keeper eyed them suspiciously; Yoongi was fairly used to it, many people don’t realise that photography isn’t just for adults, but Taehyung felt the hairs on his arms stand on end.

“Hyung?” he whispered almost silently, and it took Yoongi a few seconds to realise that Taehyung was calling him.

“Hmm?” he hummed in response, his eyes flickering between the displays.

“Why is the shop keeper staring?” his voice had almost completely disappeared at this point, and Yoongi had to turn and look at him to comprehend all of his words; who knew lip reading would be necessary for someone with perfect hearing?

“Ah, they’re probably not used to seeing people as young as us in here, that’s all.”

“They’re making me feel weird,” as if he could release this feeling, Taehyung shook all over. It reminded Yoongi of the dogs he’d seen at the park when they had climbed back out of the lake and decided that shaking their wet fur all over their owner would definitely be a sign of love.

Instead of (uncharacteristically) cooing at him, he just gently ushered him closer with his hand, deciding that distracting him would be the best option right now.

“Look at these instead, what one do you think I should go for?”

“Uh… I don’t know, hyung. They all look the same, well, apart from the sizes.”

Yoongi chuckled softly, before leaning up to take a display lens off of the shelf. He handled it carefully, making sure not to touch the lens,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter