Chapter 16

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car pulled up to the outside of the estate, just behind the wall which surrounded the area that Yoongi called home. The large gates were a few feet away, but nothing could be seen past the wall, concealing anything to do with the soon-to-be home for Taehyung. Yoongi looked up when he didn’t hear the familiar buzz from the gates opening, and looked around himself to see where they were.

That’s definitely the walls outside home, so why…

He spoke his thoughts out-loud to his mother, who was opening her door.

“Why aren’t we going in?”

“I want it to be a surprise for Taehyung, plus I don’t have my camera with me.” His mother’s eyes had a slight glint to them as she said this, opening the door next to Taehyung. She smiled gently as she looked at his face; his eyes were closed, his mouth open slightly as he slept peacefully. His hands were still on the handle of the suitcase, but they easily let up when Mrs Min gently pulled the suitcase to her. Clearly, the excitement from the past two hours had worn the young boy out, and she debated whether she should carry him inside to sleep in the bed she had prepared for him, or wake him up.

She decided on the latter, but an idea popped into her head as she was about to gently shake the boy awake. She grasped the suitcase tightly, and lifted her head to Yoongi, who was staring blankly out of the window.

“Yoongi dear, it seems your friend has fallen asleep.”

“And? He’s probably tired.”

“That may be so, but if he’s asleep he won’t be able to participate in the next part of our day.”

“Which is?”

“A surprise. Now be an angel and wake him for me. Do it gently, I don’t want him getting startled.”

Yoongi sighed, but nodded in agreement. Mrs Min smiled brightly, then closed the door to the car, hoping that Taehyung had definitely remembered to put his envelope in his pocket.

Yoongi watched his mother enter the gates of their home, and turned to the boy next to him. He looked so peaceful, Yoongi almost didn’t want to wake him, but he knew that if he didn’t then the younger would miss out on their activities – whatever those may be.

He stretched a hand across to Taehyung’s shoulder, shaking him softly. Despite his soft features, Yoongi realised that he wasn’t just napping; he’d fallen pretty deep into his dreams. He continued to shake him, but when no reaction came from the young boy he thought about other ways to wake him. He moved his hand further down his arm, holding him a little tighter, and shook him again.

Nothing.

Sighing, Yoongi unbuckled his seatbelt and shuffled across the gap between them. He’d have to be creative. Looking around himself and Taehyung, he tried finding another way of waking the younger; maybe there was an object that would assist him in the seemingly impossible task? After coming up with nothing but air, he decided to use exactly that; leaning closer to the boy, Yoongi softly hooked a finger into the neck of his jumper and pulled it back slightly. Closing the distance further, he blew softly on the nape of his neck, knowing that that had woken him up earlier in the day when Taehyung had been sleeping on him.

The hairs at the base of Taehyung’s head stood on end at the sudden coolness, and he frowned softly. Leaning back, Yoongi inspected his face for signs of him being awake; apart from the slight crease between his eyebrows, the younger boy was still sleeping soundly. Scoffing, Yoongi tried it again, but this time a little closer to his ear, hoping that the combination of cool air and the slight whistle would bring him around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung was dreaming about being adopted; a lovely lady had picked him from the rest, and he was allowed to go home with them on the same day. When he left the long yard, a large bunny stood in front of the gate next to a car, a consistent speech bubble kept appearing above its head saying “Hello~” and Taehyung would have been scared if it wasn’t for the friendly greeting. He felt a slight wind chill his neck suddenly, and he turned to see another boy in all black leaning on his shoulder, blowing softly at the bunny. The animal began to fade away with the small gust, but came back once it’d stopped; this time it was angry.

The bunny stepped closer to the boys, Taehyung stepped back to get away, but the boy in black held him close. This time the boy blew harder, creating a high-pitched whistle, and Taehyung watched as the angry bunny completely vanished. Turning to thank the boy, he tripped on his own feet and began falling to the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the car, Yoongi shuffled back when Taehyung swung his arms in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter