Chapter 11

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung came to his side almost immediately, his own hair dripping droplets on to the carpet, and his hands shaking from the cold that the rain had brought to the both of them. He went to take his hand before remembering what he had said before, and instead decided to use his words.

“Hyung? You’re getting ill, you need to get warm!”

“I’m fine, it was just a-“ his sentence was interrupted by his own sneeze again, “sneeze.” He said the word with a sigh, and nodded his head in compliance with the younger’s suggestion, whom was also visibly shaking.

Hoping he wouldn’t freak out again, Taehyung took Yoongi’s hand softly, so delicately that he couldn’t accuse him of grabbing, and started to lead him towards the staircase. To his surprise, Yoongi didn’t protest but instead followed him, sniffling and dragging his feet, his whole body shaking from the cold that the wet clothes were causing him to feel.

Yoongi’s mother was stunned, as she had just heard the commotion outside between the boys about what was normal behaviour. Of course, Yoongi growing up around adults meant that he didn’t quite understand that holding hands or holding another’s wrist was pretty average behaviour in children, but Mrs Min did realise that Taehyung was quite hands-on in comparison to many children his age; it wasn’t harmful or strange, in fact it was almost admirable the way he became comfortable with another so quickly. No, what stunned her was the change in reaction from her son, who was now climbing up the stairs, his arm stretched slightly ahead of him as Taehyung climbed quicker. Only a few minutes ago he was shouting at the younger child about holding his wrist, and now he obediently held the other’s hand.

Taehyung and Yoongi finally made it to the bathroom, still holding hands as Taehyung helped Yoongi into the shower, so the water dripping from them both wouldn’t soak the carpet.

“Wait here hyung, I’ll be right back,”

“Okay,” was the short, shaky answer from the older boy, who leaned against the wall of the shower before wincing away from the cool tiles.

Taehyung ran into his room, and began digging through his clothes. He didn’t own many of them, but he was sure his hyung would give them back to him; besides, he needs them now more than he did, right?

He collected a couple of items, a black jumper and a pair of jeans for Yoongi, and a beige turtle-neck jumper and a pair of black shorts for himself. On his way back to the bathroom, he stopped at the airing cupboard to pick up a couple of towels; they’d be nice and warm for them to dry off with before getting dressed.

He came back into the shower to find Yoongi slumped against the wall of the shower, sneezing a couple of times before looking at the younger. Taehyung passed him the bigger towel, and placed the clothes he’d picked out for him on the side, “I don’t know how well they’ll fit hyung, you’re taller than me, but at least you’ll be warm!” He smiled softly then left the bathroom, standing on top of another towel just outside so he wouldn’t soak the carpet, waiting for Yoongi to get dressed.

Inside the bathroom, Yoongi was still shivering from the cold inside the shower, the cool tiles were starting to warm from where he was slumped against them, and his legs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter