Chapter 17

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are we ready boys?” Mrs Min asked cheerfully as she got in the car. She twisted to look at the two boys, and feigned surprise when she saw the tear-streaked faces and red cheeks. “You’re both so red, and have you been crying?”

“We were laughing, Mrs Min!”

“What were you laughing at?”

The boys looked at each other, then both started to giggle again as they spoke in unison. “I can’t remember!”

Mrs Min laughed at their sudden outburst, and shook her head lightly; she started to feel even better about adopting Taehyung now that she found her son laughing so openly. She started to put her seatbelt on, having to pull a couple times on the material as it jammed when she tugged too hard the first time, when she realised that she hadn’t noticed the same sleek black line across Yoongi’s body.

“Yoongi? Why aren’t you wearing your seatbelt?”

Little did Mrs Min know that saying this would cause an even more abrupt outburst of laughter, which shocked and confused her at the same time. She stared at the two boys, trying to keep a straight face as they doubled over again, but cracked when their faces were hidden behind their hands. Once they had all regained their composure, she nodded at Yoongi and lifted an eyebrow, indicating that he needed to put it on now before they left.

Stretching the band across himself, he chuckled at the click of the buckle, but his stomach hurt so much from laughing that he couldn’t do any more than that soft sound.

Once everyone had calmed down and there weren’t any signs of more outbursts, the car began to move, making sure to avoid driving past the gate and instead reversed enough to turn around on the spot. Luckily, the street they were on was very quiet as they were fairly isolated from other people, so turning the car this way wasn’t dangerous.

Mrs Min hummed softly in the front seat, looking around the road as the car picked up more speed as they came on to the main road. Yoongi was looking at her with adoration; his mother had one of the best voices in the world, but she didn’t sing often and he never understood why, so hearing her humming put him in an even better mood than before.

Taehyung was staring at Yoongi, who was now smiling softly; despite the amount of children he lives – wait, lived – with, the older boy across from him was definitely one of the oddest he’d ever met. He was always told that he was different, but the boy in black could change from mad to happy in the same amount of time it took Taehyung to blink, and he thought that he might now have some competition at who was the most different.

As Taehyung smirked at the thought, Yoongi looked at him, catching him off-guard. The younger smiled a lopsided smile at the older, who responded by furrowing his brows and crossing his arms.

“Why were you staring?”

“Because you look so happy, hyung! Well, you looked happy, now you look mad.”

Yoongi’s face softened, he wasn’t mad at Taehyung, he just felt uncomfortable being stared at; especially if the one staring began to smirk at the same time. He unfolded his arms, and instead crossed them over behind his head, closing his eyes, feigning a coolness he didn’t feel.

“I’m not mad,”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“But-“

Yoongi opened one eye and stared at Taehyung, “I’m not mad, I swear.”

“Okay!” Taehyung’s smile was plastered on his face again, and when Yoongi closed his eye again, he copied the older’s position.

Mrs Min turned around to speak to Yoongi, but her words were lost when she saw the two boys sitting in the same position; although Taehyung looked incredibly uncomfortable as he stretched to meet the headrest. She smiled and took her camera out, ensuring that the flash was off she took a quick photo and tucked the gadget back in her handbag.

As the car pulled around a tight corner,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter